What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Ted - I agree that there are two bad options. One he leaves which honestly we can live with even though I want him to stay. I want to see him re-sign and state he didn't consider leaving. I'd like to see the club shown some respect from the players.

The second problem is overpaying him to stay. We just can't do this anymore. I think we are better off with the 3 merkins leaving us. I admit horseface is a great player but his attitude was poor and he never seemed to like our club.

The last thing we want is Brooks on 1.2 million per year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The fairy tale of players staying by one club their whole careers is dying out. Kids these days will rarely stay at the same company for more than 2-3 years and it's no different in NRL.

I don't blame them at all. Companies screw over employees by selling them this concept of loyalty, when in actual fact they have no problem letting them go if they don't meet their exact requirements, sometimes for no fault of the employee at all.

If Brooks takes a job somewhere else then good for him, if he stays here and can win us a premiership then I think he will be more happy then he ever would at another club and has the chance to become a club legend

Vic Mackey

Referee
Maguire said in an interview on Macquarie Sport Radio that he’s already spoken to Brooks and sees him as a key resigning. I don’t think he’s going anywhere

Tiger05

First Grade
Maguire said in an interview on Macquarie Sport Radio that he’s already spoken to Brooks and sees him as a key resigning. I don’t think he’s going anywhere

I hope so. I'd love to see him re-sign and kick on. Last year he was great and he had some dud players around him at times. Benji and Robbie were really really poor in patches. They were good at other times but they had some shockers. Our forwards also didn't go forward well. Our backs mainly Fonua and Nofo were our best metre gainers. Lawrence was great though.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Nice to have the club acknowledge my status with the club and letting the world know that the Wests Tigers are my team by adding the latest signage on the back of the jersey.
I will forgive them for the small typo error in that it should have read Ned's instead of Neds.

Oh well, such is life.

super_coach

First Grade
I read a post a while ago on another forum that said we are talking to a player from the Warriors and a player from Canberra.

Well it seems we have been linked to Jack Wighton...or it is rumoured we are talking to him. Now from where I sit, he would be a great centre option. He is big fast and a great defender, and he started off in grade as a centre. Of course he still has some off field things to sort out, but I think he would be great. I know plenty who think Iam mad

JB04

Juniors
I read a post a while ago on another forum that said we are talking to a player from the Warriors and a player from Canberra.

Well it seems we have been linked to Jack Wighton...or it is rumoured we are talking to him. Now from where I sit, he would be a great centre option. He is big fast and a great defender, and he started off in grade as a centre. Of course he still has some off field things to sort out, but I think he would be great. I know plenty who think Iam mad
Mate I’m with you, he’d be a great option at center. Yeah he comes with some baggage but Madge would be a good influence on him I reckon

Vic Mackey

Referee

I’d love Wighton. He isn’t a fullback however always thought he’d be a rep quality center.

If he doesn't wind up in gaol for half his contract I'd have him at centre and he can play fullback in a pinch if Mbye went down. I'm sick of the no dickheads policy, playing nice gets you nowhere when the big clubs will sign your Lodges and Fergusons of the world.

gordynz

Juniors
I’d love Wighton. He isn’t a fullback however always thought he’d be a rep quality center.
I'm with you as well. He gets a lot of flack from Raiders fans but hes playing out of position for goodness sake. I always earmarked him as a solid center who's as hard as nails. He'll give you 100% all day every day which is what we need more of.

super_coach

First Grade
Apparently he has a day in court 14 th Nov so I guess nothing will happen till that’s sorted. Also all could be total BS, but to me it makes sense, Raiders need cap space and some brand name improvements and we can be seen as a club willing to give a guy a second chance under new coach Madge.....It’s straight out of a home and away script

WT2K

Juniors
WT have expressed an interest in Damien Cook for 2020 while the Bulldogs have sounded out Jacob Liddle who is off contract at the end of 2019 (Daily Telegraph)

Latest posts