What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
Not that long ago the WT were an absolute basket case,to Pascoe and Marina Go’s credit they have turned the front office around benefiting the club,to have one blemish which appears to be a misunderstanding if anything,then deregistered for it seems harsh.
NRL AGENDA ! Full stop!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Robbie sums this up perfectly IMO

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...y/news-story/7650b46f308ca64df6c114c4623dff5a

‘’The fact is it had nothing to do with my playing contract at all,” Farah said. “My release to Souths was a separate contract. I got my full payout. The club didn’t save any money on me leaving or defer any payments because of an ambassador role. It wasn’t like they paid me less to try and cheat the salary cap. The NRL knows I got paid out in full. The role was completely different agreement. The club gained no advantage.’’

“I still might not do it. It’s an option. There is nothing concrete in the contract or in my own mind that I will take it. I might get into coaching and I have other business interests outside rugby league.

“The club is getting punished for something that may not come into fruition. What if I don’t take up the ambassador role at all? Does the fine get retracted?”

“The deal was common knowledge to everyone. The media knew about it, the public knew about it. “It wasn’t something that the club or I shied away from.”

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I'm OK with a penalty if an offence is committed. I can't cop the heavy handed response after other clubs have been systematically rotting the cap to gain an advantage.

Seriously f**k the NRL. I will stand by and support my club but the NRL can get f**ked now.
Make sure you make the effort to tell them exactly that. Its the only way we may be able to make a difference.
The game belongs to the people and if we dont stand up and take it back the game will continue to go down this corrupt money gender driven path.
NOW IS THE TIME TO VOICE !
Otherwise sit back and sook as it gets worse and worse.

macnaz

Staff member

‘’The fact is it had nothing to do with my playing contract at all,” Farah said. “My release to Souths was a separate contract. I got my full payout. The club didn’t save any money on me leaving or defer any payments because of an ambassador role. It wasn’t like they paid me less to try and cheat the salary cap. The NRL knows I got paid out in full. The role was completely different agreement. The club gained no advantage.’’

“I still might not do it. It’s an option. There is nothing concrete in the contract or in my own mind that I will take it. I might get into coaching and I have other business interests outside rugby league.

“The club is getting punished for something that may not come into fruition. What if I don’t take up the ambassador role at all? Does the fine get retracted?”

“The deal was common knowledge to everyone. The media knew about it, the public knew about it. “It wasn’t something that the club or I shied away from.”
Do you have a link for that quote Vic ?

super_coach

First Grade

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...y/news-story/7650b46f308ca64df6c114c4623dff5a

Surely any silk would call on Farah as a witness to talk about the above and make the NRL look very foolish.
In saying that, most days of the week the NRL are made to look foolish and nothing seems to ever happen to their leadership

super_coach

First Grade
Maybe a fine but a salary cap deduction,fine and the CEO banned is total rubbish. My guess when the Tigers defend this crap, Pascoe will get a reprieve,but the other things will stand. I feel for Pascoe, been brilliant for our club, but the 2019 salary cap penalty isthe one that will do the most damage...at least short term

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I'd love to see the club hire a top law firm and take immediate action against the NRL. Don't even wait for their artificially imposed deadline. It's also a grub act to do this just before Xmas when it's really hard to organise a defence.

macnaz

Staff member
I'd love to see the club hire a top law firm and take immediate action against the NRL. Don't even wait for their artificially imposed deadline. It's also a grub act to do this just before Xmas when it's really hard to organise a defence.
Only taken 2 years.. but lets jam this one in before xmas .
This will probably do the NRL more harm then good if the fans from all clubs rally to challenge this fraudulent attack . They have actually shown themselves to the public more then ever and exposed how dubious and dodgy their administration works.
They are no longer running the game .. they are CONTROLLING IT.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Yeah, Brydens who are a major sponsor will probably do it pro bono and the NRL will find that shonky and fine us for that too....

macnaz

Staff member
I did briefly see someone from Bydens Law firm ... who happens to be a VERY major sponsor across 5 or so nrl sides as well as the NSW Blues ... speak on the news in glowing support of the Weststigers and Pascoe ..
They are also our major sponsor as well as actualy Weststigers supporters .
When ever a club is in turmoil the sponsors usually run for cover or make public their discontent towards the negative media headlines ..
This is the very first time ive seen a sponsor from any club come out on public television to SUPPORT a team.
Hmmm thats telling me something right there.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I did briefly see someone from Bydens Law firm ... who happens to be a VERY major sponsor across 5 or so nrl sides as well as the NSW Blues ... speak on the news in glowing support of the Weststigers and Pascoe ..
They are also our major sponsor as well as actualy Weststigers supporters .
When ever a club is in turmoil the sponsors usually run for cover or make public their discontent towards the negative media headlines ..
This is the very first time ive seen a sponsor from any club come out on public television to SUPPORT a team.
Hmmm thats telling me something right there.

I saw the same interview and like you I felt Brydens were gong into bat for us....they appeared confident this could be explained away. Just hope Greenberg et al at prepared to listen before it becomes a protracted legal battle.

WT2K

Juniors
I saw the same interview and like you I felt Brydens were gong into bat for us....they appeared confident this could be explained away. Just hope Greenberg et al at prepared to listen before it becomes a protracted legal battle.
I don't think Greenberg would like it to go into a legal battle. All the more reason to push for one. Screw him and his cronies at nrl hq.

axl rose

Bench
Yeah, Brydens who are a major sponsor will probably do it pro bono and the NRL will find that shonky and fine us for that too....
Yes, however unrelated there is a cap now on football department spending (unless your Broncos/Storm) so the NRL will find a way to dig the knife in further.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Meanwhile the roosters only have 300k TPA’s. In all seriousness though guys this actually sucks. I was quite looking forward to seeing you guys progress with Maguire and there’s no reason you can’t still do that, but it’s still a big blow.

What doesn’t make much sense to me is how payments like this go recognised when there’s obviously much worse happening in the NRL. I would assume most clubs have a post playing role for successful players so I don’t understand how this is a problem. Hopefully you all continue supporting your club as I still think Madge is a great coach with a lot of passion. Even with all this going on I reckon you guys are still a shot at the 8.

axl rose

Bench
Meanwhile the roosters only have 300k TPA’s. Hopefully you all continue supporting your club .
Tigers fans have been very vocal/united on social media if that's anything to go by. Hopefully a few more of them sign up as members, we are a disgrace compared to Souths in that department. Perhaps Madge can take that siege mentality into next year and it will rub off on some of the players, especially if players start getting forced out.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

Lee who runs Brydens is a life long Tigers fan. It would be awesome if he got his best people to work on it just to stick it to the NRL. Seriously the guy would be considered a hero by every Wests Tigers fan for as long as he lived.

super_coach

First Grade
One of the problems when dealing the NRL is, they basically can do what they want and to a degree can operate outside the law. They can make and change rules when they like.
Another thing they never put their hand up and say...we got this one wrong. They are a very stubborn narrow minded body