What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
Uncle Nick can't help it if he's bad at golf.
Buts thats exactly what i mean..
Why the f**k would such a random rumor have ever been spread in the first place if it didnt have some legs ?
Its so random BUT ALSO very precise at the same time , just to random for someone to make up.
Then there are the card games ,png car yard directors ,wives jobs and on it goes.

Gee the sh#t would hit the fan if ever a private investigator tracked players outside dealings along with TPA,follow those findings up with a forensic accountant and cap cheats will become nervous.

macnaz

Staff member
Bring on Four Corners .... now that would be a brilliant episode to watch... would rate its arse off... and bring down shitloads of king pins.
We can only hope and sow the seed and who knows..
The NRL may have just started shit they wished they didnt.

Das Hassler

Bench
Bring on Four Corners .... now that would be a brilliant episode to watch... would rate its arse off... and bring down shitloads of king pins.
We can only hope and sow the seed and who knows..
The NRL may have just started shit they wished they didnt.

It's certainly possible but i doubt there'd be a lot to be found...there wouldnt be much that involves too many people ....

macnaz

Staff member
It's certainly possible but i doubt there'd be much of anything to be found...there wouldnt be much that involves too many people ....
Hmmmm .
Do u ever wonder why player managers havnt been deregistered in any significant numbers ?
There was talk about 18 months or so ago about them threatening to open up on all sorts of crap going on if they were outed.
There is f&#king plenty to be unearthed!

Das Hassler

Bench
Dont misunderstand my point Mac....it's just too easy to keep it simple...private and plausably deniable. I believe the only way anything would be revealed would be a young stsr who couldnt hold his liquor and had an urge to brag...thing is a guy like that wouldn't even get a look in.
You know...it's my strong belief there would be talented but somewhat "slower" players who would have spent s few years there and never even knew they WERE being looked after...just that you play here you wouldnt believe the luck you can have

Tigerm

First Grade
I think the cap should be abolished and another system found that is simple and transparent.
Something along the lines of players being rated and then a team can only have so many rated points is impossible to cheat.

Shredder

Juniors
Its not difficult. And its not rocket science.

Set up family trust in the players Mothers name and pay into it.

Trusts cant be sued and the distributions are tax free s well.......

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Funny nearly everything I have read in the Media on the breach and the punishment has painted the Tigers to be harshly treated. Of course some have been a little more vocal than others.

Anyway chief league writer for the Sydney Rosters,channel nine and the NRL, Danny Wessel has come out in his Sunday rag, blowing the trumpet for the NRL and basically bagging the Tigers.

Iam not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing given anyone with a double figure IQ would discard anything the Wessel sprouts
It's not widely reported but Weidler has business interests with Sam Ayoub including an interest in the Ayoub's player management company. Weidler is telling the Tigers to take their medicine because he knows that any further investigation into the Tigers cap dramas would potentially cast a negative light on Ayoub.

It appears as if the NRL only recently received a copy of RF's ambassador contract and if that is the case the only people who had a copy were the WT and Ayoub.

Whatever the case it will be interesting what further information comes out in the course of the appeal

macnaz

Staff member
Why not appeal.. show Ayoub for the merkin he is if he had any involvement.
THEN take our medicine if we lose .. its not like the judiciary where we can take a guilty plea or face a harsher penalty.. the penalty is already harsher then could ever be expected!
Provide as much evidence as possible AND make it all public and implicate everyone who happens to be involved.
Funny how Nick Poloka doesnt trust certain managers to be involved in his little inner circle of brown bags.

super_coach

First Grade
Talking to a mate who has links to club, told me that the club is guilty and the issue is, was it a oversight or was there intent to deceive.

The club are going argue it was purely a oversight and a willing to cop a punishment but feel the one they have been handed is way over the top. On the other hand the NRL want to reinforce a message on the salary cap breaches, that there are no excuses.

The message they are getting from the NRL through some subtle leaks is Pascoe might get has ban reduced to 3 months but the rest is non negotiable.

Anyway be interesting how this plays out, I still would love this to end up in the courts and who knows what might come to light, I am sure some clever legal people could dig up a pile of dirt on the NRL

Dumb merkin, Tigers need to free up cap space with their penalties looming, and this f**kwit hands them a loaded gun.

Average player anyway, sayonara Michael.

Latest posts