What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
I am fairly sure that one of the conditions that both teams requested when they merged was a "no forced relocation" clause.

Given the above and where we are standing on the member numbers Id be extremely surprised if we were forced to move.

Das Hassler

Bench
I wouldnt be surprised if a prime motivation for Pascoe's ( ridiculous ) banishment was a perceived possible future threat to Greenburg's job....doesn't hurt to have a black mark on Pascoe's resume does it?

gordsy

Juniors
I wouldnt be surprised if a prime motivation for Pascoe's ( ridiculous ) banishment was a perceived possible future threat to Greenburg's job....doesn't hurt to have a black mark on Pascoe's resume does it?
I think you need to take the tin foil hat off mate. Pascoe is no chance of being head of the nrl.
As for the no response time it is an attempt to have us cave and buy the nrl time. If we have a great case they will negotiate with us and release info of their capitulation during a time like origin when no one really cares about anything else or they if they are going to smash us they will hit us with everything.
Smart play on their part. I hope we take them to court and todd ends up getting punted.

The support the game would lose killing a club with a huge fanbase like Wests would completely outweigh the new support they would receive in relocating the club to an AFL stronghold. Especially a merged club rooted in two foundation clubs.

f**k the NRL.

No time frame simply means the NRL haven’t got there sh*t in order,if they did they would be proceeding immediately,I hope the WT remain strong and teach Greent#rd and his cronies a lesson.

Das Hassler

Bench
I think you need to take the tin foil hat off mate. Pascoe is no chance of being head of the nrl.
As for the no response time it is an attempt to have us cave and buy the nrl time. If we have a great case they will negotiate with us and release info of their capitulation during a time like origin when no one really cares about anything else or they if they are going to smash us they will hit us with everything.
Smart play on their part. I hope we take them to court and todd ends up getting punted.

It's a nice hat....$5.99 at Conspiracy World...one size fits all... batteries not included.
Just for arguments sake...you dont think Pascoe would be better at it than Greenburg?....who would have thought Neil Wittaker would one day be the boss.
Ir was only half serious.....as is the NRL

WT2K

Juniors
The nrl is apparently reviewing its case with their lawyers. This one is far from over.

gordsy

Juniors
It's a nice hat....$5.99 at Conspiracy World...one size fits all... batteries not included.
Just for arguments sake...you dont think Pascoe would be better at it than Greenburg?....who would have thought Neil Wittaker would one day be the boss.
Ir was only half serious.....as is the NRL

Pascoe has been caught doing the wrong thing. Todd is a shit ceo but never got his hands dirty or caught doing so at least. Besides only yes men get the job, the only exception being David Smith and he didn't last long.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pascoe has been caught doing the wrong thing. Todd is a shit ceo but never got his hands dirty or caught doing so at least. Besides only yes men get the job, the only exception being David Smith and he didn't last long.

Dave Smith did a (mostly) brilliant job. The one thing he did that didn’t help the game was being in the no punch rule. Otherwise he was the best we’ve had in a long time. However as you mention he was the one guy who refused to bow to the media (DT) so they effectively drove him out of the game. His negotiation on the tv deal f*#ked them but did right for the NRL, unlike David Gallop who gave it too them for a steal.

I know the guy didn’t have a league background and didn’t know all the players etc but who gives a shit. He was a great administrater

simmo05

Bench
Dave Smith did a (mostly) brilliant job. The one thing he did that didn’t help the game was being in the no punch rule. Otherwise he was the best we’ve had in a long time. However as you mention he was the one guy who refused to bow to the media (DT) so they effectively drove him out of the game. His negotiation on the tv deal f*#ked them but did right for the NRL, unlike David Gallop who gave it too them for a steal.

I know the guy didn’t have a league background and didn’t know all the players etc but who gives a shit. He was a great administrater
Exactly my sentiments. Screwed news which was gold. Spewing when he left, look at the steaming pile of corrupt dogshit we got as a replacement

Ned Kelly

Juniors
That silver hat seemed like such a bargain I had to rush down to Conspiracy World and get one. It's a perfect fit.

The following is based on no evidence at all, not even heresay.

The whole thing was started by a certain man of power out Penrith way that holds grudges and is ruthless to people he believes have done him wrong like legally leave Penrith for the Tigers.
!st step hurt that person by taking away his coach. 2nd step do whatever he could to make him lose his job permanently.

It would also help Penrith if the WESTS TIGERS can't run a competitive team. There are plenty of old Wests supporters out that way so why not help things along a little to encourage them to follow Penrith instead.

PART 2
Lets see, would any other team benefit from the WESTS TIGERS struggling ? It would also be a benefit to the Bulldogs but surely there isn't any one in the NRL with any connections or a soft spot for the Bulldogs.

Oww. This hat is starting to hurt. I'm going to take it off now.

gordsy

Juniors
Maybe but you would think if that high level person at Penrith knew about this much earlier he would have released the info mid year when he and his club were being dragged through the mud. Would have made for a nice distraction. To me it smacks of someone let go at the end of the year wanting to get square with the club.

macnaz

Staff member
Regardless of who knew , im sure nobody would have assumed it was such a major issue if any .. particularly anything worth running away from and im absolutely sure everyone at the club wouldnt have forseen such a MASSIVE penalty even when they were aware of the pending breach notice.
We and other clubs have had minor cap issues in the past and the penalties were realistic and related to severity of what has occurred.. This crap is so far over the top its laughable.

Das Hassler

Bench
Laughable to the point of being highly suspicious. That Greenburg could waltz in and ORDER Pascoe to leave the premises IMMEDIATELY for an alleged infraction from three coaches ago is outrageous. ...this is personal or professional rivalry.

macnaz

Staff member
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/be...tion-catches-up-with-him-20190202-p50vbk.html
Danny Weidler
Go's attack may haunt Tigers

You have to admire Marina Go’s passion for her club, but it could have repercussions for Wests Tigers as they try to deal with their latest controversy.

Her outburst directed at the NRL when the Tigers were caught breaching the salary cap through a back-door deal with Robbie Farah could prove costly.

As we said at the end of last year, the NRL integrity unit rarely gets it wrong. The main criticism of them is that they take forever to finalise some investigations – and they do – but they couldn’t be more thorough.

After they were exposed by the NRL, the Tigers, led by Go, initially said the club would be “vigorously defending” the salary-cap breach allegations. The club was “particularly concerned about the wrongful attack on the integrity” of chief executive Justin Pascoe, Go said. Fast-forward a month and it appears the Tigers have completely changed their tune and now accept the integrity unit’s findings. But they are pleading with the same people they lambasted for the $750,000 fine to be reduced.

You wonder how much sympathy the NRL will have for the club? I’m tipping not much.
The Tigers certainly would have been in a better position to argue for leniency if Go had accepted the integrity unit’s findings in the first place.

Whats the go with this shitbag ? this is the 2nd warning/comment he has made in relation to this issue .
Firstly your comments are wrong , the club hasnt changed its stance , but merely applying for leniency BECAUSE they believe what they did was an error rather then an attempt to be corrupt " hence the dispute about Pascoes integrity "
Secondly are you trying to say the NRL will judge this on what comments Marina Go may have made AND NOT on fact and fairness ?
Thirdly , it is looking more obvious you and your shit media statements are directly driven by the NRL and this latest comment is just to preempt the findings the NRL have already made so the club and supporters will be prepared and hopefully blame Marina Go and not imo a corrupt agenda driven NRL ?

Das Hassler

Bench
That's right....he's saying the nrl may arbitrarily dish out punishment for being offended....Weidler is an nrl choirboy....nothing more than that