What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Plenty of other clubs have lost players to injuries that have called time on their careers without salary cap relief from the NRL,nothing against Souths or GI but I don’t see why they should be getting special treatment,the sooner the NRL clarifies the guidelines for early retirement the better.

The Telecrap reporting that the NRL will wait on a sub-mission from Souths before deciding on GI retirement proposal,now if there ever was an administration that was reactive rather than proactive it’s the NRL,it can’t be that hard.

super_coach

First Grade
Sounds like a good night mate. Question, do you happen to know if all 10 Year Members we’re invited or was it only a selection? I’ve been a continuous member since 2003 yet I’ve never been invited to a 10 Year Member event. I see a couple every year on social media and wonder how it works? This season when I renewed my membership I asked them over the phone and they said they had me a 10 year member and Infact there were only 12 people on their books with longer memberships then mine. My dealings with the membership department have always been frustrating, the employees are lucky to have a brain between them, so wondering if it’s either total incompetence or just luck of the draw?

There were about 200 people there mate, first time I have ever been invited, but I think Iam only about 11 years. Not sure how they worked the invite list out, my membership is nothing special, it’s concourse at LO and Cambo and a reserve seat at the new stadium.
I would be ringing them mate and see what the go is. My dealings with them over the years has been interesting, really nice people to deal with but it always seems to get stuffed up..but we get there in the end.

Maybe they are doing them in two batches.???

super_coach

First Grade
I would have a guess and say no one from our membership dept has even watched a game and apart from that they are total amateurs and to be honest it reflects badly on the club particularly when they are trying to compete with other clubs and codes for bussiness.

Mate Over the years I have had lots of dealings with the membership department both over the phone and in person and they are really really nice people, but something usually goes wrong with my membership, my stuff goes to wrong person, or the seating gets mixed up....but they always resolve the problem by kick off game one.
Iam not sure if they have IT issues or something else..but let me tell you they will do anything to help you

super_coach

First Grade
Plenty of other clubs have lost players to injuries that have called time on their careers without salary cap relief from the NRL,nothing against Souths or GI but I don’t see why they should be getting special treatment,the sooner the NRL clarifies the guidelines for early retirement the better.

Not sure of the exact details, but our own Liam Fulton who was concussed out of the game had his contract money on our cap well after he was forced out of the game.
Personally I do not have a issue, a player retires for what ever reason his contract money comes off the cap as long as it apples to all players and all clubs. Of course the danger is players than taking on highly paid jobs at the club, so a club can buy the best kid on the block...but if it applies to all clubs who cares

Tiger05

First Grade
Another loss to the chocolate soldiers, it appears it is proving that Ivan the Terrible is....indeed terrible and I wonder how long he will last now.
Still beat us though:mad::mad::mad:

We lost that game. We chocked as bad as I have ever seen.

He has a great squad but they aren't performing at all. I assume they will turn it around because they have too many good players not too but if they don't he must be under pressure.

The unknown

Juniors
I've never seen a man fall from grace so badly.

This time last year Ivan was seen as a supercoach for turning our defense into a titanium brick wall. Since then he has shown he is a gutless coward with no integrity and karma is repaying the faith.

He will be gone within 2 years easy

Like poster above said, him leaving was actually good for us :joy::joy:

The unknown

Juniors

He has a great squad but they aren't performing at all. I assume they will turn it around because they have too many good players not too but if they don't he must be under pressure.

Panthers have Souffs then Raiders @Canberra as their next two games, now in current form you'd say they lose those two aswell

If that occurs their season is on life support already in terms of making the 8 surely

Tiger Ted

Bench

They may have a fabulous squad but this is negated by the mental fragility of their one dimensional coach.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
There is a massive difference between the way Bennett & Cleary have approached the year with seemingly capable rosters.

Bennett has eased in with a "if it aint broke" approach while Cleary is attempting to be a supercoach by having players switch sides and totally changing the attacking structures. Players like Waqa Blake who was a gun last year doesn't even get the ball anymore. A team that was one game from the minor premiership last year will now miss the 8.

I guess all that's left for us is to do is thank the Panthers not only for the coaching upgrade but also helping to pay for it :)

west4ever

Juniors
There is a massive difference between the way Bennett & Cleary have approached the year with seemingly capable rosters.

Bennett has eased in with a "if it aint broke" approach while Cleary is attempting to be a supercoach by having players switch sides and totally changing the attacking structures. Players like Waqa Blake who was a gun last year doesn't even get the ball anymore. A team that was one game from the minor premiership last year will now miss the 8.

I guess all that's left for us is to do is thank the Panthers not only for the coaching upgrade but also helping to pay for it :)
Hehe I love it, panthers will miss the 8, tigers will make the 8 and come close to win the comp if they don’t, it will come down to player effort and a great coach, so panthers have played some roll, Thanks Penrith panthers, Nathan can thank daddy Ivan to miss NSW selection as well.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Despite our good form, Tigers have a knack for losing it mid season. Same thing happened last year with pretty much the same roster and game style.

The key difference is Madge, I can't remember the last time I've seen a WT coach so fired up, and seen the boys so fit.

I just want to see us make the 8 and make a genuine push through finals. If Madge can show the team is turning into a finals force he can attract more talent and push out any dead weight for 2020

Tigerm

First Grade
Sharks have reportedly signed the young hooker Blake Brailey for 3 yrs, hooker looks like it will become an ongoing issue for us.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Despite our good form, Tigers have a knack for losing it mid season. Same thing happened last year with pretty much the same roster and game style.

The key difference is Madge, I can't remember the last time I've seen a WT coach so fired up, and seen the boys so fit.

I just want to see us make the 8 and make a genuine push through finals. If Madge can show the team is turning into a finals force he can attract more talent and push out any dead weight for 2020
Difference between madge and Cleary is one knows how to win a premiership.