What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I have a slightly different take 05. I personally think Haas is not who we need. We have the makings of a good YOUNG pack here.

8 Clark
9 ???
11 Matterson
12 Garner
13 Aloiai

14 Twal
15 Mikaele
17 Chee-Kam

I think what we actually need is a forwards leads. Someone who has done the hard yards, maybe played origin and / or internationally and can push these young guys. Someone like James Graham or Wade Graham (not suggesting these two, just "in the style of").

I think (for once) our forwards have actually had a good season, its our backs that have let us down.
Yeah I tend to go along with your thinking but if we get anyone he has to be tough, runs hard at the defensive line and says ‘follow me boys’. Mikaele is the one I think who will come on the most after a good off season.

Tiger05

First Grade
I have a slightly different take 05. I personally think Haas is not who we need. We have the makings of a good YOUNG pack here.

8 Clark
9 ???
11 Matterson
12 Garner
13 Aloiai

14 Twal
15 Mikaele
17 Chee-Kam

I think what we actually need is a forwards leads. Someone who has done the hard yards, maybe played origin and / or internationally and can push these young guys. Someone like James Graham or Wade Graham (not suggesting these two, just "in the style of").

I think (for once) our forwards have actually had a good season, its our backs that have let us down.

I do agree with have the makings of a good young pack but I'd still prefer a gun prop. Matterson also may be a better middle forward rather than edge forward. He offers a lot at lock and is easily one of our best players.

I think Lawrence, Chee-Kam and Garner can cover the edge positions. Aloiai & Mikaele in the middle will get us going forward. Clark, Twal and Eisenhuth are all pretty good.

I don't like the idea of signing a senior player. We have Packer and Matulino who fit that role. I also can't see any club getting another talent like Hass but he would make our pack unreal.

The biggest problem though is the 9 position. I like ET and he fills in well but he is an ordinary dummy half.

Vic Mackey

Referee

8 Clark
9 ???
11 Matterson
12 Garner
13 Aloiai

14 Twal
15 Mikaele
17 Chee-Kam

Agree, I’d previously suggested a guy like Matt Prior would be awesome for us. Sharks apparently need to offload a few, I’d be looking at him.

gordsy

Juniors
We don’t need anymore a-grade bludgers like Luke
Hopefully we can retire Matts and Packer will piss off and go to another club. The money the'd free up would allow us to sign some hard heads. Guys who aren't getting all the wraps but get the job done week in and week out.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Hopefully we can retire Matts and Packer will piss off and go to another club. The money the'd free up would allow us to sign some hard heads. Guys who aren't getting all the wraps but get the job done week in and week out.

If Packerlino is out for 2020 my ideal replacements are
Ese'ese
Musgrove

Musgrove's hearing was adjounred last week, The Court was showm CCTV footage of the alleged victim approaching Musgrove in the bar. Shortly after the hearing was adjourned. I think the next step would be for the charges to be dropped. At that point we could re-visit him for 2020 on a reduced contract.

There was talk a little while ago of cordener being pissed off that chritchon was being paid double his salary. If we have to pay $800k for a forward I'd spend it on him

Das Hassler

Bench
There was talk a little while ago of cordener being pissed off that chritchon was being paid double his salary. If we have to pay $800k for a forward I'd spend it on him

At face value for sure but a lot of what drives any player to excell is WANTING to play for who he's playing for....past reputation means zilch if they see it ( the new club) as a step down dont WANT to win with them.....Blair...Hayne..Sandow etc etc.... A hungry hound hunts best

cerberus

Coach
Ok can someone tell why the nrl hate
Flanagan so much . Seems he did exactly the same thing as hasler .but is being crucified for it .