What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
Madge apparently had talks with Lomax (young dragons centre) about coming here over dinner. TBH he hasn't really burst onto the scene like I thought he would but maybe it's cause of Mary's coaching.

He's a massive Tigers fan aswell BTW

Tiger05

First Grade
I understand you are giving examples, but I think a quick winger is needed moreso than a fullback. I think Thompson is up there as our best player again this season.

I reckon a winger on that left edge that was a gun would make a difference to the team. Hooker is our no 1 problem but maybe Benji and Reynolds and whoever else can fill in there. I'd still like to see us get a gun prop but I think we need some pace out wide more than anything.

I wonder if Mbye and Marsters can do the job in the centres though. They both have ability. Marsters has been woefully inconsistent this year.

gordsy

Juniors
Most of the top teams have a fullback who can ball play. Look at the the two guys you have mentioned, they have great hands, Thompson not so much.If Talau works at f/b then having that option for us would take the pressure of our under performing halves. plus another jump option for bombs wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Brodie croft halfback, brooks 5/8, reynolds hooker? Apparently he is on the nose at melbourne according to nrl 360

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we can move on Reynolds, Packer and Matulino then we need to use that to sign a Hooker, a winger with pace, and a middle forward with experience

super_coach

First Grade
Heard about Lomax a couple of months ago. He would be handy, young fast and has some skill. It will come down to some horse trading. Also Schuster from Manly seems to have legs,but I doubt he will leave the northern beaches when push comes to shove, he would be a great buy

gordynz

Juniors
Hamlin-Uele would be a great buy when he comes off contract. A great impact player for the Sharks currently but I think he'll be a top tier front rower in the next couple of seasons, reminds me of Fifita and Fonua-Blake without the ill discipline.

The unknown

Juniors
The truth of the matter is even if we limp into the finals this year would probably help our player recruitment ten fold. I could confidently say we as a club on the up and any future recruits would see us as a hot destination

Look at players like Peachey, Boyd, Proctor etc who went to the Titans and probably cost their careers at a weak club (yes I'm aware we were like that a couple years back)

axl rose

Bench
The truth of the matter is even if we limp into the finals this year would probably help our player recruitment ten fold. I could confidently say we as a club on the up and any future recruits would see us as a hot destination

Yeah, would give a nice boost. Is our 'Centre of Excellence' still on track to be built?

Vic Mackey

Referee

Look at players like Peachey, Boyd, Proctor etc who went to the Titans and probably cost their careers at a weak club (yes I'm aware we were like that a couple years back)

Absolutely

I’ve seen a few people say ‘who care if we come 8th, we’ll get smashed in the finals’

After the absolute shit this club has been through the last 3 years making the finals is like winning the comp. If we get there it should be celebrated and applauded.

The unknown

Juniors
Absolutely

I’ve seen a few people say ‘who care if we come 8th, we’ll get smashed in the finals’

After the absolute shit this club has been through the last 3 years making the finals is like winning the comp. If we get there it should be celebrated and applauded.

Damn right.

Jeez I'd love to play Parra in a week 1 semi, I reckon we'd nab them if we got the chance. Revenge would be sweet

Das Hassler

Bench
Absolutely

Yep...and i dont think limping over the line gives them due credit...if Liddle hadnt have gone down we still would have lost to an inform manly but losing Farah and Mbye early cost us against the dogs even taking Momo"s shank out of the equatiion...we've played the ( no goalkicker) season out well enough to be around 6 or 7 ...if we make it we'll go in with a bit of form

Vic Mackey

Referee
Heard about Lomax a couple of months ago. He would be handy, young fast and has some skill. It will come down to some horse trading. Also Schuster from Manly seems to have legs,but I doubt he will leave the northern beaches when push comes to shove, he would be a great buy

Both have links here to some degree. Lomax was a Tigers fan as a kid and Schuster was brought to Manly By Wayne Lambkin who’s now our Flegg coach.

Latest posts