What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

axl rose

Bench
Super League clubs are prepared to make bids for NRL outcasts Josh Dugan, Russell Packer and Josh Reynolds.

League Express is reporting that the trio will receive offers from clubs in Europe as their NRL sides try to move them on.

Dugan future at the Sharks is unclear as they seek to become salary cap compliant since the re-signing of Jesse Ramien.

Packer has barely featured for the Tigers this year, while Reynolds only recently returned to the side after injuries to Jacob Liddle and Robbie Farah.

The publication claims that all three would be keen on the move, with Catalans, Huddersfield, London, St Helens, Wigan and Toronto the only clubs in a position to recruit them.

https://tinyurl.com/yxrxxhoy

macnaz

Staff member
Super League clubs are prepared to make bids for NRL outcasts Josh Dugan, Russell Packer and Josh Reynolds.

League Express is reporting that the trio will receive offers from clubs in Europe as their NRL sides try to move them on.

Dugan future at the Sharks is unclear as they seek to become salary cap compliant since the re-signing of Jesse Ramien.

Packer has barely featured for the Tigers this year, while Reynolds only recently returned to the side after injuries to Jacob Liddle and Robbie Farah.

The publication claims that all three would be keen on the move, with Catalans, Huddersfield, London, St Helens, Wigan and Toronto the only clubs in a position to recruit them.

https://tinyurl.com/yxrxxhoy
Make it happen Weststigers..
Maybe we can then make a SINGLE 1 million dollar signing.. but some clubs let go 3 garbage signings and miraculously sign 3 at triple the price .

axl rose

Bench
Make it happen Weststigers..
Maybe we can then make a SINGLE 1 million dollar signing.. but some clubs let go 3 garbage signings and miraculously sign 3 at triple the price .
Roosters- exit Watson, Pearce, SKD for Cronk Teddy and Crichton.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

giphy.gif

Each of those players on at least 1 million per season.

macnaz

Staff member

giphy.gif
But but they are a very well run club!! Almost the lowest memberships , tv ratings .. ( BUT STATS SHOW THEY AVERGAGE OVER 17K A GAME ... GET f**kED!! PAID FOR THAT BS AS WELL ) but can manage the cap better then everyone even with a measonly 200k 3rd party benefit. It's all legit.. if only we can move on our multi million dollars players we are up there with them

Tiger05

First Grade
But but they are a very well run club!! Almost the lowest memberships , tv ratings .. ( BUT STATS SHOW THEY AVERGAGE OVER 17K A GAME ... GET f**kED!! PAID FOR THAT BS AS WELL ) but can manage the cap better then everyone even with a measonly 200k 3rd party benefit. It's all legit.. if only we can move on our multi million dollars players we are up there with them

This is what gets me. They aren't a well run club. They aren't likable.

gordsy

Juniors
They may rort the cap but they also do a lot of shit right, good coaches, facilities, support staff etc.
They are like Melbourne they don't make a whole heap of mistakes with signings.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think simply, they have the financial backing to put in place a successful environment.
I remember when Easts came to the central coast to use our juniors, they advised everyone here what they needed and that money was not an issue.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Getting Reynolds and Packer off our books would be a f**king miracle for us. Way better than making the 8 this year. I really hope that Madge has been working behind the scenes to land these guys a decent gig in the ESL.

Reynolds is a legend of a bloke and I reckon a couple of years living overseas with his missus would be a great f**king time for them. Anyone who has ever lived abroad will tell you it is an awesome experience. I don't really know much about Packer but if he has no hope playing first grade again then hopefully he can extend his career and get paid well for it.

Then on top of this you have Mautilino medically retiring, Mcqueen also looking to find another gig. Not sure if this is going to happen but lets say it does, that's what? 2.5 million or something? It is seriously insane that we could have 2.5 million to add to a current team that came 17 points within making the finals.

Tiger05

First Grade
They may rort the cap but they also do a lot of shit right, good coaches, facilities, support staff etc.
They are like Melbourne they don't make a whole heap of mistakes with signings.

They do make mistakes though. Letting Matterson go is a mistake. You have though Radley, Cordner and Critchon as your backrow. They let RTS go.

They get away with some poor decisions or maybe better put outcomes but only because they have the ability to stay under the cap whilst having players that are injury free better than basically every other squad.

Melbourne doesn't really purchase top line stars. They purchase a bunch of top juniors and typically retain their best talent.

The rorters seem to do both.

Tiger05

First Grade
Getting Reynolds and Packer off our books would be a f**king miracle for us. Way better than making the 8 this year. I really hope that Madge has been working behind the scenes to land these guys a decent gig in the ESL.

Reynolds is a legend of a bloke and I reckon a couple of years living overseas with his missus would be a great f**king time for them. Anyone who has ever lived abroad will tell you it is an awesome experience. I don't really know much about Packer but if he has no hope playing first grade again then hopefully he can extend his career and get paid well for it.

Then on top of this you have Mautilino medically retiring, Mcqueen also looking to find another gig. Not sure if this is going to happen but lets say it does, that's what? 2.5 million or something? It is seriously insane that we could have 2.5 million to add to a current team that came 17 points within making the finals.

Exactly. Our no 1 issue is the cap. We just have players that are not performing anywhere near they pay grade and they will probably never perform near there pay grade.

Get those guys off the books and we can purchase some quality players.

We did really well with the roster that we have. We have the makings of a good team. My concern is Benji was unbelievable this year and replacing him is going to take a chunk out of our cap if we can replace him.

Das Hassler

Bench
They do make mistakes though. Letting Matterson go is a mistake. You have though Radley, Cordner and Critchon as your backrow. They let RTS go.

They get away with some poor decisions or maybe better put outcomes but only because they have the ability to stay under the cap whilst having players that are injury free better than basically every other squad.

Melbourne doesn't really purchase top line stars. They purchase a bunch of top juniors and typically retain their best talent.

The rorters seem to do both.

They didnt let RTS go and they tried to hand onto him ..he left and they were filthy about it.

The unknown

Juniors
I posted this in the other thread but Billy Britain is a crafty young #9 stuck behind Cook at Souffs, he won player of the year in NSW Cup if that means anything. Off contract

He could be like another Matterson signing that just needs to be given a chance.