What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If we could sign Moylan for 2 years paying an absolute max of $350k he'd be worth taking a gamble on. Put him straight into fullback & see how he goes. Anything longer term or for more $ it's a big pass.

simmo05

Bench
The donkeys will need to sort their halves out, we could swap reynolds for milford, play him at fb? Or reynolds for payne hass/fafita?

Moylan would be a good gamble on half of what he's earning. Problem is I don't think we have the players around him to bring out his best.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Unsettled Matterson excused from Tigers training
By Adrian Proszenko
September 19, 2019 — 5.59pm

Wests Tigers have excused Ryan Matterson from training for “personal reasons” until his future is decided.
Matterson wants out of the joint-venture outfit and his agent has told club officials he wants a release. The former Roosters backrower is contracted for a further two seasons and the club is yet to make a definitive call on whether he should stay or go.

Tigers coach Michael Maguire continues to train despite missing out on the playoffs, although Matterson is a notable omission. The 24-year-old requested leave from training for the remainder of the year and the club put out a statement confirming it granted the request. The development further raises the chances that he has played his last game in the orange, white and black.
Matterson began seeing a sports psychologist several months ago after he stopped enjoying his football at the Tigers. Picked as 18th man for the Blues for the third match of the State of Origin series, he is on a deal worth $350,000 and $425,000 for the next two seasons respectively. He could command more if he comes onto the open market and the Tigers may consider demanding a transfer fee in return for releasing him to a rival club.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/un...sed-from-tigers-training-20190919-p52t3s.html

Vic Mackey

Referee
As if Matterson will wanna go to the Titans, I reckon he'll either end up back at Bondi (lol) or Parra

Well he can only go somewhere we let him go, I imagine we will want something in return. You don’t let Matterson go simply to get $350k back on your cap, you won’t get anyone near his ability for that.

It seems like money is a big thing for him, if Titans show the cash they’re as good a chance as any

Pezz70

Juniors
Can't say I've watched many titans games sober so why a big no to Sami ?

No to Moylan, especially for the money. I think Jackson Hastings would be great for us.

I don’t really want any of the Titans, but if I was shopping an outside back from the Titans I’d take the biggest and most versatile. He wouldn’t be getting anymore than $180k:joy:

Pezz70

Juniors
Lot of talk about Pommy forwards, one thing I will say that the big boys bring a bit of attitude with them. Pig headed stubborn bastards who think they can beat up the world. Tigers could go for one of them