What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo05

Bench
Who is the webhe bloke? And why was the club even entertaining the idea of giving him 130 grand a year? And the massuse? What is that shit?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Who is the webhe bloke? And why was the club even entertaining the idea of giving him 130 grand a year? And the massuse? What is that shit?

Pussy players wanted him in.......
Pascualo requested a barber for Hillbilly but barber wanted 100k to tackle Hillbillys flea infested head and beard.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I've always rated Dugan. He's just coming into his prime now and with our S&C he should have a good run with injuries

Shredder

Juniors
Apparently we are offering Reynolds 850k a year for 3.

With Widdop and Foran off the market hes next best.

This was my concern - these players dont stay on the market long - we need to start moving.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Apparently we are offering Reynolds 850k a year for 3.

With Widdop and Foran off the market hes next best.

This was my concern - these players dont stay on the market long - we need to start moving.

850k!!! That is f**king ludicrous. He's a great player and competitor but he is not that good ffs

Tigerm

First Grade
850k!!! That is f**king ludicrous. He's a great player and competitor but he is not that good ffs
Well, you gotta get somebody, if we don't we will be running with the under 20's squad, it doesn't look like players are lining up to sign with us, so we will have to pay overs for proven first graders. I guess that's the price of being a losing footy team.
Besides, wasn't the Moses offer around that figure? & he's much better than him.

Shredder

Juniors
TigerM - agreed -
I mean look at us, we just sacked out third coach in four years and three of our best players (?) have just f**ked off and there are articles everywhere saying what a basket case we are.
We will need to pay overs for a FB (rare) and 5/8. Thats just reality.
We dont have anyone in our 20s squad......

Missing Widdop was a big deal.

Having said that, Reynolds for less than Moses money is value.

simmo05

Bench
100% correct. If thats the market value for a player, thats it. Exibit A woods. You offer anything less you will recruit no one. Unless highrise harry can come to the party with a couple of apartments from one of his sham offshore tax avoidance companies, we have got to stump up the cash

Tiger Ted

Bench
When u have Harry's wherewithal there r many ways to skin a cat hence the rule where a previous sponsor is not permitted to contribute towards TPA's can b easily avoided.

I just don't believe Harry is a passionate league or tigers fan & the fact there's no return on his money would b influential in how far he will go to help.Harry isn't one for throwing his money away or investing in a dud particularly one that's been constantly in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.Hopefully under Ivan's tenure this is all changing for the better.

Clifferd

Coach
I don't even think 850k for JR is out of touch. We literally have no marquee players and if you're not willing to spend 800k+ for a key player like renoylds...well good luck

He has proven himself these last few weeks how he can play with a controlling half.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I don't even think 850k for JR is out of touch. We literally have no marquee players and if you're not willing to spend 800k+ for a key player like renoylds...well good luck

He has proven himself these last few weeks how he can play with a controlling half.

I'll see your 850k and raise it to 900k.

We need a quality 5/8 pronto. Apart from his skills it would make the team look more attractive to other players and show we are a team on the up and up giving possible signings more confidence in the club.

Sadly I don't think he will leave the Dogs for us. I hope I'm wrong.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'll see your 850k and raise it to 900k.

We need a quality 5/8 pronto. Apart from his skills it would make the team look more attractive to other players and show we are a team on the up and up giving possible signings more confidence in the club.

Sadly I don't think he will leave the Dogs for us. I hope I'm wrong.
Will Reynolds even be starting next year for bulldogs with foran mbye(hooker) and Frawly. Tigers can guarantee him a starting spot and more money then the bulldogs will be able to pay him. Dugan at fullback Reynolds at 5/8 Brooks at 1/2 and matulino at prop is probably a better combo then what we had. If we could just sign 2 more good under 20s props coming through from any team I think we can build something.

simmo05

Bench
When u have Harry's wherewithal there r many ways to skin a cat hence the rule where a previous sponsor is not permitted to contribute towards TPA's can b easily avoided.

I just don't believe Harry is a passionate league or tigers fan & the fact there's no return on his money would b influential in how far he will go to help.Harry isn't one for throwing his money away or investing in a dud particularly one that's been constantly in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.Hopefully under Ivan's tenure this is all changing for the better.
I posted previously what is 100m if your worth 10 billion? If i was a billionaire i would gladly kick in a shitload of fat, make them the richest club in the country. But i suppose you dont get to be a billionaire by spending money. Look at what happens when they do, tinkler, that other fat sack of shit palmer....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Harry half expected to be the one who would get to redevelop Balmain Leagues but when a behind doors deal between Trodden and Elias handed it to Benny, Harry wasn't happy.

Harry wants to know f**k all about us when this shit goes down.

Latest posts