What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Das Hassler

Bench
Why do we need a No 1 " now" ?....what boxes is Thompson not ticking?. ..he's as good under the high ball as anyone. ..if not the best ATM....backs up through the middle and he's not weak in defence and he gets better each week....not too many i'd prefer over him to be honest. Throw in that he's physically tough as well

Tiger05

First Grade
I like Thompson a lot and to me he holds the fullback spot for a while but I'd love to see a beast in that spot with Fonua and Nofo on the wings. Could Thompson play in the centres ?

Tigerm

First Grade
I like Thompson a lot and to me he holds the fullback spot for a while but I'd love to see a beast in that spot with Fonua and Nofo on the wings. Could Thompson play in the centres ?
I agree that Thompson is our best FB option atm.

But would like to see him and Nofo swap possies, to see what that gives us.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I agree that Thompson is our best FB option atm.

But would like to see him and Nofo swap possies, to see what that gives us.
Nofa is lucky to b in the nrl team as a winger so I wouldn’t want to c him play at fullback which is more demanding & to play competently at fullback requires a greater level of nous which sadly Nofa doesn’t possess.

I used to b a big fan of Nofa’s but geez he has regressed.Not only is he one heck of a dumb defender but he seems to have lost pace.We really need to recruit a few outside backs preferably with express pace coz we r clearly thin in the 3/4’s.Hopefully Fonua will b a marked improvement on MWZ.

His name escapes me but what about the young fullback the Storm signed from the Tigers, if Slater goes around for another year, he might want a release.

Clifferd

Coach
His name escapes me but what about the young fullback the Storm signed from the Tigers, if Slater goes around for another year, he might want a release.

Ryan papa something something

I was gutted we let him go at the time, but admittedly it was before Teddy signed the roosters contract. He always had similar attributes to Tedesco, even injury prone (lol)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Papenhuyzen looks more Mullaney then Tedesco. He was terrible (albeit in a horrible side) for us in NYC last year. He may prove me wrong (I didn’t rate Liddle in his first year of NYC). I’ll be surprised if he has any sort of decent first grade career.

Clifferd

Coach
Apart from the 1st Parra game and Manly we haven’t dominated the ruck to generate quick play the balls, so probsbly not as good as we’d think

Still, JAC can create something out of nothing

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I hope IC isn't after Holmes with the intention of putting him at fullback; he's a brilliant winger but a lousy fullback.

After all the astute signings last year I doubt we would go ahead and pay fullback money for a winger. If we are looking at fullbacks, Coote would be a much better signing IMO.

With all the talk of player movements and potential signings I have no doubt there are managers putting genuine feelers out for their clients who see WT as an option where as in the past it was just to get more money. If we are linked to 5 players and sign one in a position we need to strengthen, that's more than one we would have signed in the past and I am fine with that.

Shredder

Juniors
Personally I would like a more recognised goal kicker - Any position, we could fit him in.

And a decent centre, just for coverage. We've lost like four over the last three years.

Why do we need a No 1 " now" ?....what boxes is Thompson not ticking?. ..he's as good under the high ball as anyone. ..if not the best ATM....backs up through the middle and he's not weak in defence and he gets better each week....not too many i'd prefer over him to be honest. Throw in that he's physically tough as well

We don't. Unless Slater, Ponga, Tom T or Gutherson came on the market I would not be moving Thompson.

He's starting to show up in attack as well now.

Latest posts