What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I can only see us signing him under 2 circumstances:

1) we pay big overs

2) he genuinely wants to play fullback

I trust Maguire to not make the same mistakes that Cleary did. We definetly need a big strike weapon in the backs and there aren’t many better then Latrell, however with what we’d likely pay him to come here I would be very weary of this (potential) signing

As opposed to Moylan who is a injury prone mental, I think Latrell is just immature, but a match winner. He's the X-factor we are missing in that backline and he kicks goals.

Madge will do what is right. If he knows he won't be able to keep Latrell focused he won't sign him.

Tiger05

First Grade
I know he has his faults but he is a strike weapon. I also don't see why we have to pay overs. If the rorters have taken an offer of $800k off the table we should be looking at something like $850k. We could even do something dodgy like front load his contract.

He might not work out but there are very few if any players in the comp with his ability to do make a bust/score a try. If he got rid of some of the mistakes in his game he could be the best player in the comp.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
And don't go having an opinion that is out of line with the masses.
EDIT: Don't say anything against gay marriage or gender fluidity. But feel free to ridicule the Catholic church, Trump or Pell.

So I am picking up they are basically the axis of evil. You gotta hate anyone that's different to you right?
Send them and their families to Mannus Island and strip them of any hope for a peaceful life for ever eh?
What if some of them had a different skin color to you? That would be too much for you to even contemplate I'm guessing.

Live and let live.

Tigerm

First Grade
We gotta sign someone with an X factor play in there game, there are not too many available and we are in a position to afford him, so I think he may be worth a shot.
As others have said, Madge should know his pro's and con's and do what is best.

Tiger5150

Bench
I think the Tigers should have a shot at him. It is extremely rare that we have a chance to get a player that at the top of his ability, on a good day is possbly the best in the world, is a good goal kicker and most notably is only 22yo.

Shredder

Juniors
Hes off contract for next year I think, so it would be good timing.

We are talking about marque players being worth a $1mln. He would certainly be a marque player.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I'd be happy to take the risk, after all we are normally forced to pay 750K plus for fairly average to good players like Packer, Reynolds and Mbye. I'd rather Mitchell at 1 million than either of those.

If we are going to fail we might as well fail big. Get Mitchell, play him at fullback and see if he can fulfill his potential to be one of the best in the game

I still think we're a quality centre short. I think Momirovski is coming on very nicely, but if Latrell wants the big coin we've got a pretty vacant #1 jersey he can put his name to. You can find decent centres for cheaper so if you've got the coin to make a splash for a big name player who can play fullback, you have a crack. Either way he's streets ahead of what we have in either position. We're paying Mbye $800K by all accounts, so offering Latrell the same money for multiple times the output, youth and pace is not an outrageous suggestion.

The Rosco

Bench
So I am picking up they are basically the axis of evil. You gotta hate anyone that's different to you right?
Send them and their families to Mannus Island and strip them of any hope for a peaceful life for ever eh?
What if some of them had a different skin color to you? That would be too much for you to even contemplate I'm guessing.

Live and let live.
Wow. It's a good thing I didn't even utter a syllable about race or skin colour.

Tcoggs

Juniors
Lateral has been more Horizontal than Lateral lately though.
In Madge we trust.......Theres no way Horizontal could handle Madges tough love at training......

Tcoggs

Juniors
At least Kent played the game at some meaningful level. Hooper is a Buzz clone, throwing darts until one sticks based on conjecture and forum whispers.
I didnt know Kent played the game?
Wasnt at NRL level then because im 55 and i cant remember him at all..

super_coach

First Grade
Still think the Mitchell thing might be a big smoke screen by the Chooks. Convince the world he has been forced to accept a lower offer at Bondi, top it up with brown paper bags and squeeze some more quality under the cap.

If by some chance he is on the outer, hard to see him anywhere other than Souths

Tigerm

First Grade
This is getting interesting. Maybe we get DWZ instead?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/0c03145fc1bb741c241a602b5e2f00ed

Kangaroos centre Latrell Mitchell has told a Bulldogs board member of his desire to play fullback in the latest twist in what has become a complex and ugly standoff with back-to-back premiers the Sydney Roosters.

Fox Sports has learned Mitchell spoke to a Canterbury board member on Tuesday after Roosters coach Trent Robinson personally delivered the news the club was withdrawing its $1.8 million offer for 2021 and 2022.

Mitchell told the board member of his desire to play fullback – but the catch is Canterbury are in a conundrum now after recently announcing the re-signing of Kiwi Test player Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

So the Bulldogs can probably only sign Mitchell as a centre. And no other centre in the game is on more than $1 million a season.

Which is what the Bulldogs are now set to attempt to thrash out at a recruitment and retention meeting in Belmore on Wednesday afternoon.

How much is Mitchell worth to the club?

The other issue for Canterbury-Bankstown is the Bulldogs only have about $400,000 of salary cap room for next season, meaning the club isn’t in a position to sign Mitchell for 2020 unless it attempts to shift other players. Or if Kieran Foran was to gain some salary cap relief for being injured playing Test football for New Zealand.

Mitchell made his NRL debut on the wing before moving to fullback where he had mixed results for the Roosters in the year the club finished 15th in 2016.

The Roosters then switched him to the centres where Mitchell went on to play for NSW and Australia and establish a reputation as a game-breaking three-quarter.

The Wests Tigers are one club who has money and will be prepared to play the Kangaroos centre at fullback.

They’ve emerged as a surprise, left-field contender.

South Sydney general manager of football Shane Richardson told Fox Sports the Rabbitohs had no interest in signing the Kangaroos centre.

The Bunnies also said the same thing about James Roberts earlier in the year and then signed ‘Jimmy the Jet’ a month later.

The Newcastle Knights were another possible option given the Hunter region’s proximity to Mitchell’s home town of Taree.

But the club is not believed to be in a salary cap position to make a play for Mitchell, who is currently in Taree.

macnaz

Staff member
Still think the Mitchell thing might be a big smoke screen by the Chooks. Convince the world he has been forced to accept a lower offer at Bondi, top it up with brown paper bags and squeeze some more quality under the cap.

If by some chance he is on the outer, hard to see him anywhere other than Souths
LIKE LIKE LIKE AND MORE LIKE !!!

macnaz

Staff member
This is getting interesting. Maybe we get DWZ instead?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/0c03145fc1bb741c241a602b5e2f00ed

Kangaroos centre Latrell Mitchell has told a Bulldogs board member of his desire to play fullback in the latest twist in what has become a complex and ugly standoff with back-to-back premiers the Sydney Roosters.

Fox Sports has learned Mitchell spoke to a Canterbury board member on Tuesday after Roosters coach Trent Robinson personally delivered the news the club was withdrawing its $1.8 million offer for 2021 and 2022.

Mitchell told the board member of his desire to play fullback – but the catch is Canterbury are in a conundrum now after recently announcing the re-signing of Kiwi Test player Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

So the Bulldogs can probably only sign Mitchell as a centre. And no other centre in the game is on more than $1 million a season.

Which is what the Bulldogs are now set to attempt to thrash out at a recruitment and retention meeting in Belmore on Wednesday afternoon.

How much is Mitchell worth to the club?

The other issue for Canterbury-Bankstown is the Bulldogs only have about $400,000 of salary cap room for next season, meaning the club isn’t in a position to sign Mitchell for 2020 unless it attempts to shift other players. Or if Kieran Foran was to gain some salary cap relief for being injured playing Test football for New Zealand.

Mitchell made his NRL debut on the wing before moving to fullback where he had mixed results for the Roosters in the year the club finished 15th in 2016.

The Roosters then switched him to the centres where Mitchell went on to play for NSW and Australia and establish a reputation as a game-breaking three-quarter.

The Wests Tigers are one club who has money and will be prepared to play the Kangaroos centre at fullback.

They’ve emerged as a surprise, left-field contender.

South Sydney general manager of football Shane Richardson told Fox Sports the Rabbitohs had no interest in signing the Kangaroos centre.

The Bunnies also said the same thing about James Roberts earlier in the year and then signed ‘Jimmy the Jet’ a month later.

The Newcastle Knights were another possible option given the Hunter region’s proximity to Mitchell’s home town of Taree.

But the club is not believed to be in a salary cap position to make a play for Mitchell, who is currently in Taree.
Foran should be retired for his f**ked up hairstyle alone!. Any injuries are just putting an end to us having to watch this f**kwit strut his overpaid busted up garbage week in and 7 weeks out.

The unknown

Juniors
Like others have said, would much rather sign Brimson who comes at a a cheaper price and has plenty of upside. Seen plenty of him to suggest he could be the x factor we need.

Latest posts