What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
I wouldn't be against signing him, id just be weary is all.

BTW the effort areas between Thompson and Latrell are day and night. If Latrell had the same energy as Thompson he'd be unstoppable

On his day he's a beast. But then he has games like v Tonga and he looked rattled, and he has those games a lot.

The Rosco

Bench
My apologies Rosco for my earlier response. Seems I didn't realize your post was a joke and I took it all too seriously,
No worries at all mate. I am serious here on very few occasions.
Back on topic . . . . Think back to how good LM was last year (2018). However, this season he has shown his average/lazy side often enough.
So the end of his consistent form came about in '19 preseason. Apparently the rorters denied his brother a playing spot, or job, or something like that. He seemingly spat the dummy and the rest is the 2019 version of LM.
I'm not defending him, and I know we don't like prima donnas . . . but all his shit form was this year, not last.
Again . . I'm not defending him, but that might be the reason he's having a bludge.
Yes, it's a lot like Moses . . . and look how that little prick is playing when he's happy and gets his way.
GI might throw in a good word for Madge . . . and if we can keep the petulant one happy, and make him the superstar of the team again . . . who knows ?

Last edited:

MomoMud

Juniors
Latest mail is that LM is one of three top liners we are trying to sign for 2020...... the other two being an outside back and edge forward.
Will be interesting to see what the end result brings to the table.

axl rose

Bench
Apparently the rorters denied his brother a playing spot, or job, or something like that. He seemingly spat the dummy and the rest is the 2019 version of LM.
Distaste for the Roosters aside they are built around blokes like Luke Ricketson back in the day and Boyd Cordner now. That and a pretty f**king good imported fullback. Egos like Latrell will come and go.

Anyway we are probably just being used as leverage.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
While Im absolutely against signing guys like Milford or Moylan, I think Mitchell is a gamble we have to take. Still very young, not injury prone and all the ability in the world and our chance for redemption on the talent and name front after the loss of Tedesco (which to be honest, we are still reeling from). Worth the risk...sign him.

super_coach

First Grade
Any signing is a gamble, especially players on big money out of a strong system as there is always a danger they will not be effective at a weaker club.

players like Mitchell seldom come on the market, so yes a risk, but a risk we have to take. We need a game breaker and he ticks the box

tiger102

Juniors
Reports now floating around that the
@WestsTigers
have signed Latrell Mitchell on a deal worth $5.2 million over four years, starting in 2020.

An undoubted talent, but are the Tigers paying overs?

I dare say if the reports are true, we’ll see Mitchell at fullback on that coin.

Brashersmullet

Juniors
With all the names being thrown around of who we are chasing there is one player I haven't heard mentioned which we should be looking at. Nat Butcher. Off contract after 2020 and with the rumours of Roosters chasing DFifita plus already having cordner crichton etc i think if we dangled an offer in front of him with an 80min starting edge role and a bit more cash than he is on now (he doesn't seem to be another Matterson type) we could nab him.
Think he is a quality player who is a hard worker and runs good lines out wide.

Front-Rower

First Grade
@WestsTigers
have signed Latrell Mitchell on a deal worth $5.2 million over four years, starting in 2020.

I dare say if the reports are true, we’ll see Mitchell at fullback on that coin.

2 years ago I would have been over the moon but now not so sure about this.

Owen Craigie type signing imo

Pezz70

Juniors
The management need to be sacked if they’re offering the sort of money being talked about. I’m hearing he has signed for 1.4m per season. Way too much for this bloke. At his best he is worth every cent of it but you see his best two or three times a season. I hope the Tigers have some KPI’s and outs written into the contract

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seriously guys?

The rumour is from a nobody. If it was even remotely true you dont think the DT journos would be all over it?

Think about it logically:

* Our coach has been overseas for 3 weeks
* Latrell has been back in Taree with family all week

Nothing has happened!

Mader45

Juniors
If we have signed LM then I'd recommend paying some cash to Thurston and Inglis as mentors to LM to get him through this period.

Both are family men. Both are from the same cultural background. Both were scrutinized and saturated in the media at the same age for certain things. Both touted as the NBT and every game analysed to bits by league commentators. Both came through and became absolute legends of the game, with immortal status and future careers locked up. Exactly what LM could hope for.

I can't imagine either guy would want a fair chunk of change to be available for chats or meetings for a fellow Aboriginal who can provide role model status as well as they did.

LM hasn't done a single thing wrong. Most players of his calibre have to transition into maturity later due to time practicing, while dealing with being critiqued and revered at a level us folk would never comprehend. He is only 22. Won 2 premierships. Played for state and country. And is considered by many as the next best player in the world.
Meanwhile your average 22 year old is just finishing uni, living at home and trying to figure out whats more important - getting drunk or laid.

What we don't want is whatever clubs let Hayne, Barba or Milford do at this age.

Shredder

Juniors
If we have managed to attract someone of his talent I really dont care what money we pay.

LM is the kind of marque signing that would allow us not to have to pay overs on other players.

Its like Beckham playing in the US. He paid for himself in sponsorship.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see us paying that much. I want us to sign him but not if it stuffs the team up. That would be the biggest dollar signing ever.

Tiger05

First Grade
Seriously guys?

The rumour is from a nobody. If it was even remotely true you dont think the DT journos would be all over it?

Think about it logically:

* Our coach has been overseas for 3 weeks
* Latrell has been back in Taree with family all week

Nothing has happened!

As usual just wait and see what happens.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
@WestsTigers

He wants $1m per season,no-one else wants him, the Roosters want him gone so we offer $1.3m per season.
Methinks this smells of BS

tiger102

Juniors
He wants $1m per season,no-one else wants him, the Roosters want him gone so we offer $1.3m per season.
Methinks this smells of BS
I think it's BS as well, but it would be good to have him at the tigers. Just have to wait & see what happens now.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just wonder what everyone thinks "one of the best players on the planet" is worth?

Especially to a club that has the longest record of being out of the finals.

Latest posts