What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Totally disagree with your comments on firearms.
The Port Arthur massacre [which was the excuse used to disarm law-abiding citizens] was a black-flag attack that was pinned on a borderline genius who neither had the ability to plan much less carry out such a ruthless slaughter of innocents, firing at the hip at an elite level.
Criminals are still armed. It's only law-abiding citizens who have been left defenseless.
The right to protect oneself in ones own home should be a basic human right [It's why I have a GSD rescue who would not take kindly to any intruder] ........ don't get me started, lol.

As for your comments on Haynes legal issues; I totally agree.
The presumption of innocence until proven otherwise should prevail. If a charge is serious enough with supporting evidence the offender would be denied bail & remanded in custody.
Look at the Brett Stewart debacle. Poor bastard was punished despite having done no wrong.
Political correctness has turned many into overly sensitive snowflakes who take offense at any little thing.

We will need to disagree on guns I guess.

You might agree that bail laws ( as with many laws) are used for political purposes instead of the protection of the public.

Anyone making their way in the world in this country is a potential Brett Stewart.

The Labor party need to be honest with themselves and appreciate that they didn’t get elected because they were seen as beholden to socially irresponsible idiot marginalising groups who subscribe to self interested victim hood.

Having said that, I would be considered as a inbred basket weaver on many selected issues.

It doesn’t surprise me that young males take their own lives at five times the rate of young females. No one speaks for them.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I never thought I would say this but I feel sorry for every other team in the comp.

With us signing every quality or super star player in the comp next year with more to come the following year how can the other teams cope? It is going to be a very one sided (West Tigers) comp for decades to come. Oh well, I will learn to cope.

There was some feminazi on the abc a few weeks ago labelling firefighters as perpetrators of domestic violence.

People hear this shiz and it sets the lefty cause back 40 years.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting, so was the snippet above it, about Greenberg & V'landys.
On the other forum, they are saying he has been stood down from training as well, could be serious or we are making look that way to punt him? I hope not.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/55dd65e817d27cc1141f269598681311

Josh-Addo Carr set for D-Day meeting over his Melbourne Storm future with coach Craig Bellamy

35ab05b424b5035fee9d6a41337a1418

Josh Addo-Carr of the Storm, could be on the moveSource: News Corp Australia
NSW State of Origin winger Josh Addo-Carr is wrestling with the prospect of having to make the toughest phone call of his career to Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy.

Addo-Carr is facing a family-related dilemma and is seriously contemplating remaining in Sydney rather than returning to the Melbourne Storm for pre-season training.

As first reported by Fairfax media, “The Foxx” held a meeting with Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy in Sydney on Friday in a bid to try and resolve the situation.

After the meeting, the Storm were quick to reiterate Addo-Carr’s commitment to the club and pledge the Blues and Kangaroos winger would be remaining in Melbourne for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

While Addo-Carr is contracted to the Storm for the next two seasons and absolutely loves the club and everything they’ve done for him, “The Foxx” is determined to put his family first.

And that means the premiership-winning winger needs to be in Sydney.

Rival NRL clubs have heard the narrative and are closely monitoring the situation.

The situation is expected to come to a head in the next fortnight when Addo-Carr is due to return to Melbourne for pre-season training.

If “The Foxx” feels as though he can’t commit to the Storm, the Blues and Kangaroos flyer will have to pick the phone up and call Storm coach Bellamy.

That won’t be an easy phone call.

It’s a delicate situation for the Storm who have only recently released centres Curtis Scott and Will Chambers as well as halfback Brodie Croft to ensure they are salary cap compliant for next year.

To lose a third backline strike weapon would present the club with an unforeseen problem.

Harry68

Juniors
On the other forum, they are saying he has been stood down from training as well, could be serious or we are making look that way to punt him? I hope not.

On the Wests Tigers FB page, he was photographed at training this morning so not sure that rumour is correct

Vic Mackey

Referee
So a couple of rumours I've seen floating around:

* JAC doesnt want too out of respect for Bellamy but might 'pull a Matterson' and refuse to come back to Melbourne training. We are his likley destination however have to publicly deny this as he hasnt been granted permission to negotiate

* We have ruled out a play for BJ Leilua

* Titans are reportedly only able to offer Latrell approx $500k for next year, but then a much larger contrract for the following years. The $500k will be after they offload Arrow as he has agreed to go to Souths for 2021, so they will let him go a year early if they cna get Latrell. Otherwise they'll keep him

* Tigers expect Latrell to get back in contact with them to resume negotiations later this week

Tiger Ted

Bench
So a couple of rumours I've seen floating around:

* JAC doesnt want too out of respect for Bellamy but might 'pull a Matterson' and refuse to come back to Melbourne training. We are his likley destination however have to publicly deny this as he hasnt been granted permission to negotiate

* We have ruled out a play for BJ Leilua

* Titans are reportedly only able to offer Latrell approx $500k for next year, but then a much larger contrract for the following years. The $500k will be after they offload Arrow as he has agreed to go to Souths for 2021, so they will let him go a year early if they cna get Latrell. Otherwise they'll keep him

* Tigers expect Latrell to get back in contact with them to resume negotiations later this week
I would so much prefer JAC & another quality outside back over LM.Combined it would cost us < $1m

Id b shocked if we entertained reigniting negotiations with LM regardless of whether his dumb deluded management came crawling back to us or not.

Tiger05

First Grade
I would so much prefer JAC & another quality outside back over LM.Combined it would cost us < $1m

Id b shocked if we entertained reigniting negotiations with LM regardless of whether his dumb deluded management came crawling back to us or not.

I reckon Latrell is exactly what we need. The problem is we need a 100% committed Latrell with a point to prove.

The problem with JAC is that we don't really need a winger but then again we need speed and he has it.

We need quality outside backs but fullback is the best position to replace with a gun. I'm not sure where Mbye will play as well. I reckon in the centres he goes pretty well.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
we need speed and he has it.

You pretty much said it here

It says a lot about how slow your backline is when your midget halfback is the fastest player. 9/10 times last year when we made a clear break we were easily mowed down. And vice versa when the opposition made a break we were long odds of catching them

Das Hassler

Bench
Here's a tip .....ever notice Latrell Mitchell's reaction in some ( mostly) away games towards the crowd after scoring a try? Pretty much the same as G I when he played "much further west "than us....the unrelenting redneck racist shit yelled at them by the braindeads pretty much rules out a lot of the indigenous players EVER wanting to lace on a boot for some clubs. Not saying it's the case in regards WT but it also very much could be just the same as with any other club...understand it or not but the terminal / forever lasting effect the racist sledging has on the prospect of ever signing some players in the future is a fact! How much do you think it would have taken to get GI down the M4 even in his prime ? 1mil...2mil ..3 mil ?...my guess is no amount of money and a "go fu k yourself while you're at it" !

Choiboi

Juniors
Jeynolds is definitely at training today. Looks like Madge is putting the hurt locker on. Maybe he's gone to the NRL HQ to plead for player welfare... Oh wait he's not Matterson :rofl:

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Interesting the comments by Jimmy Smith on the BSB this morning, he has spoken with Latrell's manager and he wanted him to meet with Madge, it was Latrell's decision not to attend the meeting. The way he made it sound was that his manager is trying to get things done (with all the clubs he's been dealing with, not just us) but there are others getting in Latrells ear and making life hard.