What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

What does Moylan give us that we don't have apart from maybe an over priced utility player and we don't need or want that. As for Madge could work wonders or change this guy or that crap, I call bullshit, even Bellamy has a list of players that flopped under him, so to just have blind faith that our coach is super human and can do anything with any player is rubbish. Look at Matterson, Packer and others,

I disagree.

I thought Matts had a very fair season under Madge. He certainly reaped the financial rewards of it.

Packer was a lost cause before Madge was a glint in Pascoes eye.

More players have improved under Madge than have failed. The pack played well above their weight and expectations for a lot of the year with some outstanding and class individual efforts at times.

mcks try against the broncos at the death, that was outstanding world class attacking rugby league.

We were primarily let down by an unsettled, lifeless and usually boring backline plus poor goal kicking.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I would give Moylan a very wide berth and if we can’t get someone like Lomax who has a upside..young keen and fast...I would be having a big dip at Brown from Parra to fill Benji’s shoes in 2021
You can try and get Brown in 2024, when he is off contract which is probably when Benji will retire.

You can try and get Brown in 2024, when he is off contract which is probably when Benji will retire.

Methinks thou protests too much...

Whilst they hold stef against his will, ratted on us with Matts and their inglorious trouncing of us at our home game at Parramatta, I fear that the feelings of the eels don’t carry as much as weight as they once may have.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we can get Stefano early, plus Musgrove and Luciano then our pack is looking decent for next year. I like that Packer is being given another shot, would be great to see him regain his early 2018 form. Would be great to get a classy middle forward to play lock but agree we need a better backline.

Huge no to Moylan. We already have two players on huge contracts that don't know their best position

WA Tiger

Bench
To little bitches
I’m losing track of whose saying what but now I get it.. Noise..What the f**k are u coming on here and talking shit about honouring contracts...You are going to lose Stephano coz you are dumb...u think coz u got Matterson that u are just going to keep whoever u want..and that was where u fked up.....Mattersons a sook ok and that u will find out next year and for a club to come out saying no to Stephano after taking him off us mid contract even u have to be embarrassed by that if u are a real league supporter ...What’s Esan Master got to do with anything he’s a joke and not even part of west tigers idiot...You wanna tone down the blow bro it’ll help u to have a bit more grunt to your closing line....most of us have forgotten u already ...

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Huge no to Moylan. We already have two players on huge contracts that don't know their best position

That’s it, it’s taken so long to recover from poor decisions from the past. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results Is insanity. At least get some talent with a longer expiration date so there is actually the possibility of some development and improvement. That is one thing LM does have. That’s not to say he can’t be a bad buy, but he could be an epic buy, I can’t see that possibility with players like Moylan or Milford. Off the cuff players tend to peak for a few years then fizz out. I think some don’t even understand how they do what they do. The truly brilliant ones tend to not change teams too often.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
There is something wrong with this, sounds very similar to the Farah situation and of course now allows them to sign Arrow, NRL is just a joke.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/145b909553e3b9372285fc3a58502712

The 10-year plan to keep Sam Burgess a Bunny in an administration role

Retired South Sydney rugby league star Sam Burgess is set to be employed in a highly paid administration role by the NRL club.

News Corp reported that English forward Burgess — who had to give the game away because of a shoulder injury — will earn as much as $360,000 a season over 10 years in the job.

That would take him up to the amount he was set to receive as a contracted player over the next three years.

Souths are reportedly waiting on their request to medically retire Burgess from the game before signing off on a deal for the 30 year-old.

That could happen as soon as the end of the week.

The role reportedly involves football administration, recuitment and working with sponsors.

“There’s nothing official to say just yet,” Burgess told The Daily Telegraph. “We are working through the deal at the moment and I am excited at the prospect of developing further skills off the field.”

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
300-400k for Moylan playing five-eighth for a season or two seems reasonable while Talau fills out.

And typicall Souths rorting the cap again with Burgess, just like they did with Inglis. They should have to at least wait until April otherwise it will be even more farcical than it currently is.

super_coach

First Grade
What I don’t understand if we sign Moylan, we actually giving the Sharks a massive leg up by creating cap space for them. They want him out because he is eating up a bucket of cap space and is not giving value for dollar.

Ok he might help us, but I doubt the benefits would come close to the cost and we would be freeing up the Sharks of a chunk of cap space. If it involved a swap with JR, they may be a different kettle of fish

Shredder

Juniors
Moylan doesnt want to leave. Hes getting paid great money to do very little and he lives in the shire.

If we took him they would need to throw in a lot of his contract.

I think they still need to lose someone to fit Ramien in. So they are motivated to move him.

On his day, hes still a great player.

Tigerm

First Grade
There is something wrong with this, sounds very similar to the Farah situation and of course now allows them to sign Arrow, NRL is just a joke.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/145b909553e3b9372285fc3a58502712

The 10-year plan to keep Sam Burgess a Bunny in an administration role

Retired South Sydney rugby league star Sam Burgess is set to be employed in a highly paid administration role by the NRL club.

News Corp reported that English forward Burgess — who had to give the game away because of a shoulder injury — will earn as much as $360,000 a season over 10 years in the job.

That would take him up to the amount he was set to receive as a contracted player over the next three years.

Souths are reportedly waiting on their request to medically retire Burgess from the game before signing off on a deal for the 30 year-old.

That could happen as soon as the end of the week.

The role reportedly involves football administration, recuitment and working with sponsors.

“There’s nothing official to say just yet,” Burgess told The Daily Telegraph. “We are working through the deal at the moment and I am excited at the prospect of developing further skills off the field.”

Surprise, surprise, we've been duded.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/ede4db16d3d6854ee2ddc556a54c4f43

The $4m man: Rabbitohs set to hit the target with Arrow by tabling monster offer

Funny, they didn't call our $4m offer to LM a monster offer did they?

Latest posts