What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Lets see, a goal kicker?
that's OK let's use umm, Mybe,
Can Mybe handle captaincy, playing centre (see many had him down as playing 9) and kicking goals?
Has Mybe's off season weights training been directed towards playing in the forwards? Can he now simply devote the next month to sprint training as he has bulked up and now needs speed to hold his centre position?

Interesting times.
Yep, all good except for the goal kicking, we've been there before.

The Rosco

Bench
I was wondering if there was some sort of clause that they couldn't play against their clubs lol
Even better. . . they can play against us, just can't score against us.
Like the dummy half in touch. Momo can break the line as much as he wants, but has to stand and wait on the 10m line for a team mate to score. lolol.
Edit: looking at the photo of this Storm bloke on nrl.com . . . . he looks like the result of an indiscretion between Garner's mum and the ranga postman. Alleged indiscretion. No offence Mrs Garner . . .

Das Hassler

Bench
Also...the ( now confirmed...and so far ) good relationship between us and Melbourne has to work in our favour if JAC is still a possibility...i dont think it's quite as warm between Bellamy and Uncle Benny

gordynz

Juniors
Also...the ( now confirmed...and so far ) good relationship between us and Melbourne has to work in our favour if JAC is still a possibility...i dont think it's quite as warm between Bellamy and Uncle Benny
Not that it's a like for a like but what if Momo really impresses Bellamy this year and agrees to release JAC to us and they sign Momo?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I would assume that part of the loan agreement would include an extension to Momirovski, otherwise surely we’d just release him?

Das Hassler

Bench
Just thinking about the tone of this....dealing with Melbourne there doesn't appear to be any qualms whatsoever. ...imagine trying to do something similar with either of "Bogans R Us" down the road ?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just thinking about the tone of this....dealing with Melbourne there doesn't appear to be any qualms whatsoever. ...imagine trying to do something similar with either of "Bogans R Us" down the road ?

Madge and Bellamy are professionals

Cleary’s ditched a 2xPremiership and origin winning 5/8 and the NZ captain cause they took too much ball off his son

Mark Oneil got sacked from us when we were the games laughing stock, imagine how bad he must be?!

Tigerm

First Grade
If it happens, I would assume that we will upgrade Momo's contract immediately for 2 or 3 more years. Just in case someone does a shonky.
Though a second grade hooker for a first grade centre doesn't seem fair, maybe we should go for that has been current hooker of theirs, both are goal kickers:)

Vic Mackey

Referee
If it happens, I would assume that we will upgrade Momo's contract immediately for 2 or 3 more years. Just in case someone does a shonky.
Though a second grade hooker for a first grade centre doesn't seem fair, maybe we should go for that has been current hooker of theirs, both are goal kickers:)

I’ve seen this guy play about 3 minutes of footy so not going to pretend to know much about him but these are his 2019 stats

Harry Grant's 2019 in #IntrustSuperCup

22 games

14 tries

18 line breaks

21 try assists

22 line break assists

99.9 running metres per game

879 tackles @ 91% efficiency

I’ve seen a good judge say he’s already in the top 10 hookers in the game, just stuck behind the best one we’ve ever seen. Storm have him locked up til 2023 for a reason.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Club has announced official signing of Stefano for 3 years, starting 2021. Hopefully this is the start of it getting brought forward to this year once the squeals realise he is leaving one way or the other.

Tiger05

First Grade
Club has announced official signing of Stefano for 3 years, starting 2021. Hopefully this is the start of it getting brought forward to this year once the squeals realise he is leaving one way or the other.

I can't see this happening but I hope it does.

Das Hassler

Bench

It'd make a great Whispers Column item..." Embittered former (sacked) football manager callously shatters a young player's 2020 dream to take revenge on his former club"....Guess who ???

Tigerm

First Grade
I’ve seen this guy play about 3 minutes of footy so not going to pretend to know much about him but these are his 2019 stats

Harry Grant's 2019 in #IntrustSuperCup

22 games

14 tries

18 line breaks

21 try assists

22 line break assists

99.9 running metres per game

879 tackles @ 91% efficiency

I’ve seen a good judge say he’s already in the top 10 hookers in the game, just stuck behind the best one we’ve ever seen. Storm have him locked up til 2023 for a reason.
Pretty impressive Vic, but it is just the goal kicking issue that is a concern, I hope it doesn't cost us top 8 again.
Do we have any GK's in the club?

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/cdeca28cf102eba02246a6ebfb8b9514

Latrell Mitchell’s arrival forced Adam Doueihi to quit Souths. He hopes there are ‘no hard feelings’

Doueihi has played 30 NRL games for the Rabbitohs, has represented Lebanon and is known for is work ethic.

The young gun has reportedly attracted interest from Melbourne, Canberra, the Roosters and Wests Tigers and would be a handy pick-up for any club given his ability to play fullback, five-eighth or in the centres.

However, it’s been reported that Doueihi and his family are disappointed at the Tigers’ hesitation to pay the Rabbitohs what they wanted for his release, which could rule them out of the race for his signature.

No announcement has been made on Doueihi’s future at this stage.