What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

grouch

First Grade
This may be an unpopular opinion but I really don't understand how people are rating Thompson a better fullback than Doueihi... For starters, AD has only played a handful of games at the back end of last year, in which he looked every bit a FG Fullback. On the other hand Thompson was barely exciting at all for us and let's be honest, he doesnt start at Fullback for any other team.

AD is definitely not worth the price tag and it's not something we should be risking but to say Thompson is better than him is ridiculous... If the money were right and it was affordable then it's a no brainers who I would have at the back.
Yeah as an outsider looking in, Douehi walks into that Tigers fullback jumper and instantly improves the team.

I'd also be moving Mbye to hooker btw, with Leilua and Talau in the centres

Tigerm

First Grade
This may be an unpopular opinion but I really don't understand how people are rating Thompson a better fullback than Doueihi... For starters, AD has only played a handful of games at the back end of last year, in which he looked every bit a FG Fullback. On the other hand Thompson was barely exciting at all for us and let's be honest, he doesnt start at Fullback for any other team.

AD is definitely not worth the price tag and it's not something we should be risking but to say Thompson is better than him is ridiculous... If the money were right and it was affordable then it's a no brainers who I would have at the back.

Except he didn't score tries, was outrun in metres, his missed tackle as an overall percentage was worse... They played the exact same amount of games at fullback.

Things might change, they may not. I honestly believe he has a future in the halves after Benji.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hagi steps up to the plate. doesn't he.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/063acf9efab2d22fdc3a82ee419fc9a4

Wests Tigers new chairman Lee Hagipantelis has personally met Doueihi and presented the Tigers vision for the club.

Hagipantelis is believed to have played a crucial role in convincing the young gun to return to the club where Doueihi played junior football.

I like the guy. He is giving it a shot. Next time I'm in jail I'm giving him a call.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Doueihi set to join Tigers on four-year deal
By Adrian Proszenko
January 30, 2020 — 2.05pm

Wests Tigers are set to win the race for Adam Doueihi's signature on a four-year, $2.25 million deal.

The Tigers are close to securing two crucial spine positions within the space of a few days, with youngster Harry Grant poised to join from Melbourne as part of a player-swap loan arrangement involving centre Paul Momirovski. Doueihi is expected to officially agree to terms with the Tigers on Thursday afternoon.

The South Sydney utility was keen for a fresh start after Latrell Mitchell’s signing made him surplus to requirements. The Rabbitohs will contribute almost $100,000 over the next two seasons to get him off the books.

The Roosters also made a play for Doueihi with a view to playing him at centre, a position they were keen to bolster following Mitchell's departure and a pre-season ACL injury to his replacement, Billy Walters. However, the Tigers got their man by offering the security of a four-year deal.

Tigers coach Michael Maguire has a strong relationship with Doueihi from their time at Redfern and believes his signing will give them the fullback they have been searching for. The Tigers were one of the few clubs with cash to splash for 2020 during the off-season and Doueihi will join Grant and the Leilua brothers, Joey and Luciano, in a new-look side.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/doueihi-set-to-join-tigers-on-four-year-deal-20200130-p53w5u.html

axl rose

Bench
7RA6Xxk.jpg

Tiger05

First Grade
Doueihi + Leilua > Latrell

This is the big question isn't it. To me Latrell offers game breaking ability and potentially a great player. AD and Leilua will hopefully be really good options though. I think AD is a bit of a risk but if he comes on maybe this is a better result for us.

The Rosco

Bench
I have popped onto here during my lunch break, but have to get back.

Anyway, if the reports are true, I wanted to congratulate you on the signing. Obviously, we showed interest, but it wasn't to be.

I guess it is a coming home of sorts. Anyway, well done.
Listen mate, everyone hates the bloody roosters and their fans.
Who the hell gave you the right to come on here and be a reasonable and likeable person ?
Can you please try harder to be the typical arsehole rooster fan, so we can go back to hating you.
Cheers !
Now, on topic . . . Our forwards are looking much better. BJ should add some mongrel to our backs. That bit of something extra we sadly lack 10m away from the tryline. Douehi gives us height, a bit of speed and some offloading/ball playing. The ball won't die with him as much as CT.
The lend of the Storm hooker should round out things nicely.
We should be keen. I know we are always keen in February, but this year it's different.
Yeah yeah, we always say that . . . I know.

Last edited:

Latest posts