What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Everyone is an expert on this thing but really no one is ...in terms of the economy from people that should know a bit we are about to fall off a cliff ..hopefully not for long..The amount of Govt stimulus we get will be critical for recovery

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
20,000 QATAS staff have been laid off untill June Tasmania closed their border trump has closed the US Canada border ..this is a little different to the flu ..You won’t find a lot of employers hiring a year out from here ..If I was an employer I’d put a freeze on money going out unless critical ..Momo is not that ..imo
We are all certainly entitled to our opinion (that's why we have this forum), but for WT's, it only matters what Madge thinks.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It's weird that he wants to stay. BJ has one centre position on lock and Mbye for some reason is ahead of him in the pecking order, so wouldn't he be better off signing with Melbourne for next year?
Throw in Tommy Talau who I believe will jump Momo & Mbye in pecking order.We also have gun centres in Flegg who will likely b knocking on door of NRL team in the next yr or 2.

I also like the look of Curtis Wilson who had a fabulous season in Flegg last season.Hes a goalkicking centre with good pedigree being the nephew of the old blue bag Ken Wilson.

WA Tiger

Bench
Us, I thought he showed good form at the end of last season, it's also a good sign that the club is going in the right direction by the fact that he wants to stay.
Momo wants to stay because he has leverage at WT to force Madge to extend his contract if he wants the Grant deal done..It’s not coz he loves WT..and he knows Madge prob wants to keep Grant over him long term if possible esp if Smith plays on next year with Grants get out clause

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
As much as I'd love for it to happen, you can't see Smith playing on again next year.
He has the perfect out . ." Oh, the body would have held up for sure, but I don't want to deny a junior player his shot at the big time"
The media will fap over it, FOX will have a new commentator, and Toddy will buy Babs a new diamond ring.
Oh, and LOL@SOUFFS

Tigerm

First Grade
Momo wants to stay because he has leverage at WT to force Madge to extend his contract if he wants the Grant deal done..It’s not coz he loves WT..and he knows Madge prob wants to keep Grant over him long term if possible esp if Smith plays on next year with Grants get out clause
So... Momo & Madge told you this or are you speculating like the rest of us:)

I get it, you don't like Momo, that's OK, but we do need a GK, Benji wont last forever.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
So... Momo & Madge told you this or are you speculating like the rest of us:)

I get it, you don't like Momo, that's OK, but we do need a GK, Benji wont last forever.
Your sounding like 05 .. I don’t rate Momo. Liking /not liking him doesn’t come into it.I expect every league fan to put forth their argument to have strong opinions and on this forum to stick with them ..I enjoy being disagreed with if it’s stuff I havn’t considered eg Twal recently and if I still disagree it’s still good fun to go at it ...you can’t be too sensitive ...Most people on this forum I think know more about rugby league than me anyway so it’s no big deal....but u can’t expect it all to be lovey dovey like like stuff ....I think u have an argument it’s just that mines better...we find out later who’s right or wrong for me that’s part of the fun....but if u want me to put imo on everything I write ..not going to happen

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Your sounding like 05 .. I don’t rate Momo. Liking /not liking him doesn’t come into it.I expect every league fan to put forth their argument to have strong opinions and on this forum to stick with them ..I enjoy being disagreed with if it’s stuff I havn’t considered eg Twal recently and if I still disagree it’s still good fun to go at it ...you can’t be too sensitive ...Most people on this forum I think know more about rugby league than me anyway so it’s no big deal....but u can’t expect it all to be lovey dovey like like stuff ....I think u have an argument it’s just that mines better...we find out later who’s right or wrong for me that’s part of the fun....but if u want me to put imo on everything I write ..not going to happen
At the same time Ive enjoyed our disagreements.I think we’ve managed them pretty amicably, ..Just that with this one when everyone, players included are worried about the world falling out from under them if you’ve got a lot to lose like a house etc and I have a choice between definitely paying for it next year or having to prove yourself at Melbourne to maybe get a contract for next year Theres no choice for Momo he has to go hard for a contract now to keep himself and his family if he has one safe ...he’s only young so won’t have that much stashed away ..I think the rose tinted glasses have to come off now

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Is Alex Johnson still available? Geez I think he puts Latrell to shame.....sign him up.
It’s only early days and LM is only just starting in his new position but a lot of players are looking better than Latrell at the moment. It was said by many that he doesn’t engage throughout a match enough to be able to play FB, time will tell if he is able to turn that around. Some Souffs fans grapes must be a little more sour over AD, I reckon, but it’s only early days yet. Maybe Latrell will go back to centre and go back to just being himself but as far as a fullback signing goes, AD looks like being a far better result than the first option Latrell...and AD hasn’t even had a run in the position yet. Still, it’s way too early to tell but I’m looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
It’s only early days and LM is only just starting in his new position but a lot of players are looking better than Latrell at the moment. It was said by many that he doesn’t engage throughout a match enough to be able to play FB, time will tell if he is able to turn that around. Some Souffs fans grapes must be a little more sour over AD, I reckon, but it’s only early days yet. Maybe Latrell will go back to centre and go back to just being himself but as far as a fullback signing goes, AD looks like being a far better result than the first option Latrell...and AD hasn’t even had a run in the position yet. Still, it’s way too early to tell but I’m looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Good post Phil Gould. I agree with what you say and I know LM may come good, probably against us lol. I am more thinking the monetary value...he is costing a bomb and AJ looks the better value.

Tiger05

First Grade
Still, it’s way too early to tell but I’m looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Latrell can do stuff other players can't and he may get it all together. If he doesn't though his potential future contract amounts will drop and Souths fans will turn on him.

He needs a lot of work to become a quality NRL fullback.

So far we are lucky he didn't come to us. Our recruitment has been good. It'd be better if we can get AD to fire at fullback though. That would make a massive difference to our team.