What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I suppose That’s the good thing about having a lawyer with lots of respect in the community (I’m assuming)and a network of lawyers in different fields to access information from (assuming again) as a Chairman. The CEO with a dodgy record doesn’t have to make decisions that can topple a well constructed foundation. He can run it by the lawyer first. Also with decisions regarding talented players with legal cases pending that can be made early - with maybe intimate knowledge of those cases - we can lock that player in before other clubs can get their mitts on him.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
The faily rag reckons we are after SBW and Quade Cooper, I don’t buy it at all bc madge isn’t that stupid

Cooper is old and unproven

SBW’s wheels fell off a few years ago. Honestly at this point upgrading McIntyre would be a better gamble. Plus isn’t he playing in Toronto? Lol

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
The faily rag reckons we are after SBW and Quade Cooper, I don’t buy it at all bc madge isn’t that stupid

SBW’s wheels fell off a few years ago. Honestly at this point upgrading McIntyre would be a better gamble. Plus isn’t he playing in Toronto? Lol
I was just reading the QC thing, have to agree he would be a terrible addition, this has got to be a gee up.

WA Tiger

Bench
He’s like a wannabe Benji Marshall. Good goal kicker though, I’ll admit
Coopers a risk ..unions a different game different habits etc but he’s strong in the mind has a good pass and a stand off mentality ..maybe that Benji was his idol with all the videos he used to copy off Benji could be good for him re knowing what’s required.like Marshall old age at stand-off is ok .except he’s likely to run more and faster than Benji . He’s less of a risk than SBW with SBW’s age and all the hard work and rough and tumble required. He’s got old man injury’s too from union. Even he knows he’s not up to it I think .Id like to see Cooper flip.could end up at the Titans.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Coopers a risk ..unions a different game different habits etc but he’s strong in the mind has a good pass and a stand off mentality ..maybe that Benji was his idol with all the videos he used to copy of Benji could be good for him re knowing what’s required.like Marshall old age at stand-off is ok .except he’s likely to run more and faster than Benji . He’s less of a risk than SBW with SBW’s age and all the hard work and tough and tumble required. He’s got old man injury’s too from union. Even he knows he’s not up to it I think .Id like to see Cooper flip.could end up at the Titans.

It is even more risky with this year in particular, likely a shortened season with no time for trial and error with the NSW Cup being cancelled. Maybe he could fill in at fullback, but then what does that mean for Adam Doueihi

Madge wouldn’t want him as a publicity stunt either, he’s a hard nosed coach that wants success.

WA Tiger

Bench
It is even more risky with this year in particular, likely a shortened season with no time for trial and error with the NSW Cup being cancelled. Maybe he could fill in at fullback, but then what does that mean for Adam Doueihi

Madge wouldn’t want him as a publicity stunt either, he’s a hard nosed coach that wants success.
I think he would only play league to prove to himself he could play at 6...He knows he will be a long time retired

The unknown

Juniors
I think he would only play league to prove to himself he could play at 6...He knows he will be a long time retired

Our 6 & 7 are the least of our problems imo. If anything we do need another prop, preferably an experienced one

And I would have said 9 before we got grant

Leigh Howlett

Juniors

I think Madge was only interested in SBW for the Kiwis not the Tigers.

gordsy

Juniors
Cooper IS either getting paid a smaller amount by rugby and looking for a top up or he is getting nothing and looking for easy money for a few months work. So you will pay good money for a bloke who has never played footy at top level and pay good coin to do so.
All of this plus no offseason to train him up. It's f**king madness.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fc6636c6e-b5b0-43ee-aa41-a407f92a1562

Kintetsu are believed to be willing to let Cooper play in the NRL as a way for the fly-half to remain fit as the Japanese rugby season remains suspended.
een paid out

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Madge was only interested in SBW for the Kiwis not the Tigers.
Let another club take the risk..with cooper... I think Mal wants at least a talk with him..I’m intrigued tho and hey one up on the softer code ..Imagine the “publicity” if he was a gun for others considering switching

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Just checked and woops I was a bit late on that news item .. Madge is looking at Cooper..I don’t know what to say ...He’s leadership material Madge likes that as we know...but yea ??