What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
You’d think that with it being little guy season that Madge would have to give Thomson another shot ..sure Jennings is tall but he’s proved last week he will back off if he is weighing up between getting a try in the corner or getting hurt in the process. I’ve never seen him attack the corner/ with success. If there’s a high kick for Corys corner surely it’s easy enough to get AD to call for the ball and Cory drops back to fullback?

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Thompson is off contract at the end of next year but he also wants to play first grade. Right now he won't do a lot of that outside of injures. Titans will probably pay him a bit more than we will. Can't blame him for wanting to leave.

Good luck to him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Titans have tabled Thompson a 3 year, 1.5mil deal. He’d be crazy not to take that.

on another note apparently Stefano was given the all clear to come to us this year, just need to free up a spot before June 30 (Thompson)

It pains me to say this, but if releasing Thompson can get us Stefano early I'm all for it. Thompson has the heart of a champion but his size just isn't what Madge needs from a winger.

The scary thought though, he was our leading try scorer for past 2 years. It says a lot about the quality of outside backs we have. I know Stefano is a beast and will add some grunt to our pack, but we could be in a situation where we have solid defence, a great pack, but can't score enough points due to lack of pace and goalkicking

Tiger Ted

Bench
Titans have tabled Thompson a 3 year, 1.5mil deal. He’d be crazy not to take that.

on another note apparently Stefano was given the all clear to come to us this year, just need to free up a spot before June 30 (Thompson)
It’s inconceivable he’d b offered 500k per ur.I think it might be 500k over 3 yrs.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It pains me to say this, but if releasing Thompson can get us Stefano early I'm all for it. Thompson has the heart of a champion but his size just isn't what Madge needs from a winger.

The scary thought though, he was our leading try scorer for past 2 years. It says a lot about the quality of outside backs we have. I know Stefano is a beast and will add some grunt to our pack, but we could be in a situation where we have solid defence, a great pack, but can't score enough points due to lack of pace and goalkicking
Would b very surprised if we r not signing an outside back who isn’t vertically challenged & who is quick.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Would b very surprised if we r not signing an outside back who isn’t vertically challenged & who is quick.

the rumour is that Jason Saab kid from saints. 199cm and 100kg+.him and talau are best mates

from what I saw last year he was pretty horrible I think he’s only 18 and was playing for that clusterfck

I’m always a bit wary on kids who did well in juniors just because they’re bigger then everyone else

Fordy20

Juniors
Bradley on one wing and Saab on the other would give us some big kick targets, but Saab would have to be released first as he's contracted til 2022 with the Queens.

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s inconceivable he’d b offered 500k per ur.I think it might be 500k over 3 yrs.

I read 500k over three seasons. It's a great deal for the Titans. I reckon Thompson is a great little player and with the changing rules he may be even better.

Still he has some flaws in his game and I trust the coach at this point to pick the right team. Remember having Sheens here and you had no idea what he was doing in relation to picking his teams.

Perth Tiger

Bench
the rumour is that Jason Saab kid from saints. 199cm and 100kg+.him and talau are best mates

from what I saw last year he was pretty horrible I think he’s only 18 and was playing for that clusterfck

I’m always a bit wary on kids who did well in juniors just because they’re bigger then everyone else

I saw some article that said he had bulked up to 110Kgs, If so he could be a beast.

I seem to remember him being a stick figure when he played last year.

Tigerm

First Grade
I saw some article that said he had bulked up to 110Kgs, If so he could be a beast.

I seem to remember him being a stick figure when he played last year.
Gotta say I've never heard of him or seen him play, but, if he isn't being considered in the current team at the Dragons, then it seems to say more about him than anything else.
Though it maybe a new coach and environment may get him firing, if he has it in him.

The unknown

Juniors
Would rather Talau on the wing then eventually eased into the centres

Under the current environment, it’s gonna be really hard to entice fringe 1st graders to come here imo

Perth Tiger

Bench
Gotta say I've never heard of him or seen him play, but, if he isn't being considered in the current team at the Dragons, then it seems to say more about him than anything else.
Though it maybe a new coach and environment may get him firing, if he has it in him.

In fairness he is only 19 I think and played maybe a handful of games.

With no reserve grade games to play and a poor coach in Mary who is panicking and coaching for his job he is probably not going to throw all his chips on a teenager that hasn't played in months.

In saying that I also have no idea if he is any good or not so who knows.

super_coach

First Grade
I read 500k over three seasons. It's a great deal for the Titans. I reckon Thompson is a great little player and with the changing rules he may be even better.

Still he has some flaws in his game and I trust the coach at this point to pick the right team. Remember having Sheens here and you had no idea what he was doing in relation to picking his teams.

Mate that was how I read it, 500g over three years. The incentive for Tomo, he gets a three year deal and is living north of the boarder

BrotherJim05

Bench
What's everyone's thoughts on Ethan Lowe? I've always rated him and thought he would be a good fit at the Tigers. He's got a solid work-rate, can play 80 mins on edge, can kick goals and has big game experience. He's off contract in 2021 but I'm sure he would be able to leave early to get a regular starting spot with us for a couple of years.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
What's everyone's thoughts on Ethan Lowe? I've always rated him and thought he would be a good fit at the Tigers. He's got a solid work-rate, can play 80 mins on edge, can kick goals and has big game experience. He's off contract in 2021 but I'm sure he would be able to leave early to get a regular starting spot with us for a couple of years.
I think he's a soft plodder. Can't see Madge wanting him.

Latest posts