What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors
I wouldn't write off Saab after one game. I always go back to the example of Justin Hodges who was diabolical in some of his early performances, but ended up being a staple of Queensland sides. On the other hand we have the example of Jennings. Tall, big bodied and scored a stack of tries at Souths, but he comes to our club and is revealed as a fraud.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Looking at our squad we have both Kane Bradley and Zac Cini on development contracts due to be upgraded to the top 30 in 21 while Hoffman is on a development contract for this year and 21 and due for a top 30 spot in 22. Yet Hoffman is the one getting a spot in the team squad for the last few weeks

does anyone have any info on how Bradley and Cini are tracking or are they going to end up like Dylan Smith this year and be a wasted spot?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Looking at our squad we have both Kane Bradley and Zac Cini on development contracts due to be upgraded to the top 30 in 21 while Hoffman is on a development contract for this year and 21 and due for a top 30 spot in 22. Yet Hoffman is the one getting a spot in the team squad for the last few weeks

does anyone have any info on how Bradley and Cini are tracking or are they going to end up like Dylan Smith this year and be a wasted spot?

Cini looked good from what I saw last year

Been told Madge doesn’t rate Bradley

Apparently Hoffman killed it in pre season, heard he was more impressive then Talau in the inter club trials

The unknown

Juniors
I wouldn't write off Saab after one game. I always go back to the example of Justin Hodges who was diabolical in some of his early performances, but ended up being a staple of Queensland sides. On the other hand we have the example of Jennings. Tall, big bodied and scored a stack of tries at Souths, but he comes to our club and is revealed as a fraud.

Or, you could be Jason Taylor and punt Addo-Carr after some small defensive issues(not the worst by any means) but has speed to burn and genuine x-factor

Vozzy

Juniors
I would actually prefer to just keep Harry Grant. I would even give them another player for free and keep grant than give them back Grant and they keep Paul for us to just get a winger. I know Addo Carr is awesome but a good 9 is hard to come by these days and Grant looks like he is moulding into a Damien Cook he is quite Sharpe.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I would actually prefer to just keep Harry Grant. I would even give them another player for free and keep grant than give them back Grant and they keep Paul for us to just get a winger. I know Addo Carr is awesome but a good 9 is hard to come by these days and Grant looks like he is moulding into a Damien Cook he is quite Sharpe.
The kid is more talented than Cook

super_coach

First Grade
Love Grant to stay, but not over concerned if he goes. Plenty of good judges rate Simpkin to be just as good and if Liddle finally gets a injury free season, he could also get the job done.
What we need is a really hard nosed leader in the forward pack, someone in the Boyd Cordner mould and a quality no6 who kicks goals

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm sorry but planning for Liddle to be our first string 9 are over. He had more chances than anyone I can remember but his body is just not holding up. I'd be fine with him in reserves but he should not be considered in our 1-17 any more.

H Grant is the best young prospect I've seen in a Tigers jersey since Tedesco. I'd gladly pass up any player available for 2021 if it means we can keep Grant.

Seriously, I can't get over how fkning good this kid is. He's playing 80 minutes in the fkn middle and is involved in almost every play. I saw him pop up on the edges a couple of times in that Bulldogs game and I just said "how in the sweet f**k does this guy have the energy to still be playing like this??"

Ron's_Mate

Bench
H Grant is the best young prospect I've seen in a Tigers jersey since Tedesco.
Occasionally you get a young guy who comes into grade and from game one looks like he has been there forever. It was a great move by Tigers management to get him in the team for this year. He's phenomenal.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Axed Marshall shopped to rival clubs for this season
By Michael Chammas
June 29, 2020 — 12.01am

Benji Marshall’s fairytale Wests Tigers homecoming may have another twist yet.

With Marshall facing the possibility of finishing his glittering career on the sidelines, this column can reveal his manager has been shopping him around to rival NRL clubs to gauge interest in the veteran’s service for the remainder of this season.

When we spoke to Marshall, he insisted that he had no knowledge of his manager’s actions and had no desire to leave.

His manager, Matt Desira, refused to comment when asked if he had been in contact with rival teams, but NRL club sources have told The Herald that Desira has reached out to several clubs over the past week to seek expressions of interest. It’s understood the Tigers have been made aware of the approach to rivals teams.

Those clubs include the Cowboys and Storm, as well as the Sea Eagles as a potential replacement for the injured Dylan Walker.

Melbourne have since lost five-eighth Cameron Munster for up to six weeks with a knee injury he suffered in Friday night’s win over the New Zealand Warriors. Saturday night’s calf injury to Parramatta halfback Mitchell Moses may also provide an avenue at the Eels, especially given the lack of depth in the club’s halves.

Parramatta’s general manager of football, Mark O’Neill, is a former teammate and close friend of Marshall, who could shift into the No.14 role when Moses returns later in the year.

While Marshall is desperate to fight his way back into the Tigers team after his shock axing following the round four loss to the Titans, he may potentially have 13 matches remaining in his career and could be presented with an ultimatum by his manager in the coming weeks.

The NRL has pushed back its traditional June 30 player transfer deadline until August 3, leaving Marshall with up to a month to make a decision should he feel the need to explore options elsewhere.

It’s unlikely the Tigers would be happy for Marshall to leave, but few would begrudge the 35-year-old for wanting to finish his career on the field rather than on the sidelines.

The Tigers are under no obligation to release him, especially given their lack of depth in the halves, but it could make for a delicate conversation should Marshall be convinced he should finish his career at another club.

If Marshall isn’t selected in the Tigers team for Saturday night’s clash against the Panthers, speculation over his immediate future is expected to intensify.

Marshall’s attitude since he was dropped hasn’t been questioned at the club, which earlier in the season was contemplating offering the New Zealand captain a one-year extension for 2021.

When he was dropped, Marshall was sitting equal second on the Dally M leaderboard with two man-of-the-match performances in the opening four weeks.

The 300-gamer has previously played for St George Illawarra and Brisbane after a stint with the Auckland Blues following his departure from the Tigers at the end of 2013.

Flash Harry may stay at Storm

It’s common knowledge there’s a clause in the Storm contract of on-loan Wests Tigers hooker Harry Grant that allows him to leave Melbourne next year should Cameron Smith decide to play on.

Don’t be surprised if Melbourne look at a way to hold on to his services, even if the veteran hooker plays on in 2021. There’s some thought being given to moving Smith to halfback next year, just to ensure they don’t lose the player many are tipping as the best young dummy half in the business.

Smith at halfback and Grant at No.9 would also see Brandon Smith continue to play big minutes off the bench.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ax...al-clubs-for-this-season-20200628-p5570x.html

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm sorry but planning for Liddle to be our first string 9 are over.

I agree with your post apart from this. If we can retain Grant then sure you are correct. At the moment though he will be going back to the Storm and we are going to rely on Liddle and Simpkins. If there is another option that would be fantastic.

I don't think I've seen a player perform to the level Grant is in their rookie season. He looks to be a complete player.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would give the storm free choice over any other player in our squad if it meant we got to keep Grant

also if there was ever a time to pull out a DCE Or Jason Taumalolo style contract I would throw 10 million for 10 years at Grant easy

Tiger05

First Grade
also if there was ever a time to pull out a DCE Or Jason Taumalolo style contract I would throw 10 million for 10 years at Grant easy

I don't know if I'd go that far but he has made a massive difference to the team. He is top quality and hooker was a position we were shite in. It's such a key position as well.

Axed Marshall shopped to rival clubs for this season

With Marshall facing the possibility of finishing his glittering career on the sidelines, this column can reveal his manager has been shopping him around to rival NRL clubs to gauge interest in the veteran’s service for the remainder of this season.

When we spoke to Marshall, he insisted that he had no knowledge of his manager’s actions and had no desire to leave.

His manager, Matt Desira, refused to comment when asked if he had been in contact with rival teams, but NRL club sources have told the Herald that Desira has reached out to several clubs over the past week to seek expressions of interest. It is understood the Tigers have been made aware of the approach to rivals teams.

&

Flash Harry may stay at Storm
It’s common knowledge there’s a clause in the Storm contract of on-loan Wests Tigers hooker Harry Grant that allows him to leave Melbourne next year should Cameron Smith decide to play on.

Don’t be surprised if Melbourne look at a way to hold on to his services, even if the veteran hooker plays on in 2021. There’s some thought being given to moving Smith to halfback next year, just to ensure they don’t lose the player many are tipping as the best young dummy half in the business.

Smith at halfback and Grant at No.9 would also see Brandon Smith continue to play big minutes off the bench.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ax...al-clubs-for-this-season-20200628-p5570x.html

Rumours and other stuff !!!!!

Tiger05

First Grade
I wonder how much truth there is in any of those articles. If Benji goes so be it. Even if the Storm release Grant which I don't think they will there will be a bidding war for his services.

Latest posts