What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Cronk will always tow the corporate line.. He’s at the start of his post playing career unlike Gould so he has to know what side his breads buttered on and say the correct thing in relation to his future earnings .He would never stick up for the under dog imo in that context..

Tiger05

First Grade
What's my opinion?

You posted it. You said kids would like to be at the rorters or the storm. I get it. That is how you think. I don't believe it at all. I don't think you have any idea what those kids are thinking. My opinion is that players aren't desperate to go to Melbourne or the Rorters. They are desperate to perform and have great careers. They may have an affinity towards a club but I doubt many players have an affinity to the two biggest scumbo teams of the past 10 odd years.

My opinion is that your opinion is just another piece of negative BS towards the Tigers. We are a great club. I think significantly more appealing than the Rorters or Melbourne.

WA Tiger

Bench
Its either the website or my phone ..but there’s a big delay in saving and posting the post ...I’ll give up for now...My last post is the version I’m happy with

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Why would he have bad memories of the Storm? He went there to ply his trade under the best hooker of all time, and one of the best coaches of all time, in a well-run organisation. His time to shine has come, but I'm sure he owes a lot to the tutelage of those at the Storm.

Aside from that, we can see it's obvious Cam Smith does NOT want to play halfback. He mentioned as much post-game last night. Brandon Smith is a gun. But probably as suited to #13 role as dummy half.

Won't get my hopes up about retaining Harry, and no one should, but it would be great if he stays on. Just enjoy the year for now.
Not being able to play NRL for what would seem to Grant like forever ...Grants kind of ability / impact on a game I don’t think your just going to pick up off someone regardless of how good Smith / Bellamy might be ...And I distinctly remember Bellamy refusing to let Grant go at the end there when the swap deal fell through but Grant just kept going back and back insisting he needed to go. Too much drama for a naturally good player and a good kid too

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Not being able to play NRL for what would seem to him like forever ...And then not being given a release at the end there..Do u really think he’s as good as he is because of smith..I distinctly remember Bellamy refusing to let him go at the end when the deal fell through but he just kept going back and insisting he needs to get out of the club when the swap deal was cancelled ..Too much drama for a naturally good player and a good kid too
Pete, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, it appears its catchy:)

Tigerm

First Grade
Not being able to play NRL for what would seem to him like forever ...And then not being given a release at the end there..Do u really think he’s as good as he is because of smith..I distinctly remember Bellamy refusing to let him go at the end when the deal fell through but he just kept going back and insisting he needs to get out of the club when the swap deal was cancelled ..Too much drama for a naturally good player and a good kid too
Pete, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, it appears its catchy:)

Das Hassler

Bench
You posted it. You said kids would like to be at the rorters or the storm. I get it. That is how you think. I don't believe it at all. I don't think you have any idea what those kids are thinking. My opinion is that players aren't desperate to go to Melbourne or the Rorters. They are desperate to perform and have great careers. They may have an affinity towards a club but I doubt many players have an affinity to the two biggest scumbo teams of the past 10 odd years.

My opinion is that your opinion is just another piece of negative BS towards the Tigers. We are a great club. I think significantly more appealing than the Rorters or Melbourne.

Sometimes you really come across as an 18 year old that's been locked in a box for the first 17 years.

WA Tiger

Bench
It doesn't look like Im going to see the Cronk interview but from the Hassler’s post I’ll take it that Cronk praised up the storm and said Grant should head back their because being there makes you a better person ..Really?
1 Smith refused to go to Cronks wedding after all the years they played together. Why? Because Cronk wanted to Marry and be with Tara Rushton but her TV job required that she live in NSW.But that wasn’t a good enough reason for Smith...
2 The one thing for me that Smith will be remembered for is standing over Alex McKinnon and telling the ref he’s acting injured to get a penalty. In fact he was tackled by 3 storm players who had no second thoughts about putting him in an upside down position and ramming his head into the ground paralysing him for life...and then when Mckinnon confronted Smith about this point later on Smith continued justifying what he did and showed no signs of remorse ..(regardless of what they discussed in their private meeting) This is the captain of the storm he is the role model for the team.
3 Addo Carr risked lives recently when he ignored social distancing rules and went dirt bike riding with a bunch of mates etc ( I don’t mind this one so much because with how fussy Fittler is about being a good person to qualify he hopefully swaps JAC for Nofo...NSW will be no less potent in fact imo the overall improvement in that wing position would warrant the change..)
4 and obviously with the cap rorting resulting in the stripping of competition points (weather or not it was any better or worse than Cronulla it was still rorting the system) and then celebrating this by having a “we are cheats, we are proud of it and fk u” week not that long ago..

Playing at the storm and learning off Smith and Bellamy who is the head of the snake doesn’t make you a better person. If I was Grant I would steer clear of them like the plague but imo Grant is a very smart kid, who is likely way ahead of us and probably knows that already...

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

WA Tiger

Bench
I feel sorry for the kids when they have an opinion-assuming they’re old enough

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Although, what Harry does isnt freakish. His skills can be replicated in the future. Maybe Simpkin is sitting there in the background quietly progressing and could hit the ground running next season.
I dont know if Grant has freakish skills but to write off what he does as being easily replicated is ridiculous.
That's like saying the Immortals were just a bunch of footy players who scored or set up a few more tries than other players . If it's so easy to replicate then why would other clubs want to sign Grant. Surely they could teach their own players how to do what he does.

And how is Simpkins progressing. It's not like he has a chance to transfer what he is learning in training into real game experience.

gordynz

Juniors
I dont know if Grant has freakish skills but to write off what he does as being easily replicated is ridiculous.
That's like saying the Immortals were just a bunch of footy players who scored or set up a few more tries than other players . If it's so easy to replicate then why would other clubs want to sign Grant. Surely they could teach their own players how to do what he does.

And how is Simpkins progressing. It's not like he has a chance to transfer what he is learning in training into real game experience.
Mate do you just try and find a way to disagree and argue with people on every post?

I never said his skills could be "easily" replicated. I believe they can be replicated though. Simpkin is a young talent who through hard work and by learning off the likes off Harry and working with Robbie could develop into a star of his own. You do realize in your analogy that you are comparing Harry Grant to that of an immortal right? How ridiculous lol.