What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Lucy is quickly becoming my favourite player. His work-rate and passion is just simply outstanding. It's so good to finally see a Tiger's forward with real energy and passion for the jersey

I liked him prior to signing with us and he has been unreal. He is a better edge forward than Matterson.

Tigerm

First Grade
WOW, that's how you get your man. Kinda puts our $1m per season offers in the shade doesn't it:joy:

NFL 2020: Patrick Mahomes signs richest deal in sports history

NFL quarterback Patrick Mahomes will make $1.4 million PER WEEK for the next 10 YEARS after breaking all kinds of records.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm glad we got Luciano and hes playing great but that's a bit of a stretch to say hes a better edge forward than Matterson. He may be an absolute c**k but you can't deny he's pretty f**kin good.

I rate Matterson highly and I don't care if he is a cock. I think Matterson is better in the middle and I'm not sure if Lucy could do that. I reckon Lucy is better on the edge than Matterson. He is a more explosive runner and I think he runs better lines out wife.

Matterson is a really good player but due to the make-up of our team I don't think he has been a huge loss.

stryker

First Grade
I’ve lost a ton of respect for Cronk after that. What a self entitled wanker

So basically because we’re a struggling club, he should go elsewhere like the roosters or storm. Even if it means he will go back to playing second fiddle behind Friend and or the Smiths at Melbourne

Maybe some people don’t think like you do. To me it would be much more fulfilling and of course a better representation of how good you are as a player to help out a club like ours then just become another one of those “oh he only looks good in a well drilled system”

That’s why I respect Thurston so much more. Took a bottom feeder Cowboys right to the top. Get f**ked Cronk you c**k smoker
Couldn’t agree more mate. Cronk could have cemented a legacy of respect as well as given back to the game with his last contract. Instead he took the vanilla option and went to a side who didn’t need him, resulting in more premierships - personal glory only. Selfish scumbag who now preaches from a pulpit. I hate his guts and I’m a Queenslander through and through.

stryker

First Grade
If Grant continues to build his combinations at Tigers he might just be like f**k it, I'd rather stay here. There is a lot to be said about being responsible for building something from scratch rather than have it ready custom made for you
I don’t think this generation think like this. Instant gratification is highly sort after.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
It really mystifies me as to why MCK has not had a better career. He appears to have all the tools, just not consistent with them.
Yes you're right to an extent except for the fact he cannot pass. I've never seen him get the ball in a backline movement and give it along. He steps and goes himself 95% of the time.

Depth option in the modern era but not starting quality.

Fordy20

Juniors
We've got three weeks before the mid season transfer window closes. We freed up a slot in our squad by letting Thompson go and we could really use a winger. I wonder if the Sharkies would be willing to let Mawene Hiroti go. Can't get a run ahead of Bryson Goodwin even with Mulitalo out injured and Mulitalo will be fit to play next week.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm glad we got Luciano and hes playing great but that's a bit of a stretch to say hes a better edge forward than Matterson. He may be an absolute c**k but you can't deny he's pretty f**kin good.

Lucs been good but Matterson is Origin quality, just our luck that we find a guy like him and he turns out to be a complete Merkin

BrotherJim05

Bench
Couldn’t agree more mate. Cronk could have cemented a legacy of respect as well as given back to the game with his last contract. Instead he took the vanilla option and went to a side who didn’t need him, resulting in more premierships - personal glory only. Selfish scumbag who now preaches from a pulpit. I hate his guts and I’m a Queenslander through and through.

Couldn't disagree more. Cronk could have done the easy thing and stayed with Storm and continued his legacy, but instead went to a new club (albiet a well established one) and won 2 more premierships straight off the bat. Say whatever you want about the man but he is a f**king champion through and through

Wizardman

First Grade
Lucs been good but Matterson is Origin quality, just our luck that we find a guy like him and he turns out to be a complete Merkin

In saying that, far out we have done a great job with Luc Leilua. He is virtually unrecognisable from the overweight short bursts forward from St George. He has worked hard on his fitness, looks great and has a great workrate. Credit to Madge as well as the man himself for putting in the hard work. He is the kind of forward the good sides look to poach so we need to keep him.

Vozzy

Juniors
The main problem to me is the halves. Yesterday it was neck and neck until Reynolds took control of the game and saw what was in front of him and that was Brooks and Mbye turning in and then for the rest of the game he sets up plays that side. Marshall to me is needed over Reynolds but in the long run their jobs are to make Brooks life easier and it doesn't matter who partners Brooks Marshall, Reynolds or even Moses before that he looks so disinterested or think a his job is to stay on the left and wait for the ball to come to him. His involvement should be like Nofo who is everywhere.

I think long term is we need another young half to replace the older guys or Brooks has a go being a running 5/8 and we get a new halfback. It's been the same ever since Brooks has started and we are in the same position and he is the common denominator.

WA Tiger

Bench
Couldn't disagree more. Cronk could have done the easy thing and stayed with Storm and continued his legacy, but instead went to a new club (albiet a well established one) and won 2 more premierships straight off the bat. Say whatever you want about the man but he is a f**king champion through and through
Cronk went to Sydney only coz he was getting married to Tara Rushden, she couldn’t leave Sydney coz of her job at Fox Sports so Cronk had to leave the Storm. He got a $mill from the Roosters so good luck to him.

For me the point is if u are able to do that then that’s fine but show some class and don’t rub it in the face of clubs that are doing there best to improve their culture , roster etc from previously bad situations in an honest manner. If he came out with the equivalent statement in normal society relating to who/what/where you should choose and who/what/where you should ignore coz of your ability or luck of the draw in life his elitist attitude would result in him being virally humiliated and blacklisted.

Maturity/class should have dictated that he “kindly refrain from having an opinion on that one coz I’ll probably be a bit biased”

Anyway what he said was bullshit. Your a good person or your not. And there’s plenty of examples of clubs that are not glamor clubs that have legends in them - that have played at the highest level and played as long as the top few players re number of games played - including our own club

Smith declined the invitation to go to Cronks wedding coz Cronk left the storm (for what I would think was a good reason prob the best reason) but Cronk didn’t even have the balls to hold a grudge even worse he sucked up...Like an amateur.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors