What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Phil Gould

Juniors
BJ is saying the right things, if he buys in to what Madge is saying he will hopefully come back a much better player.

big if though
I’m with you there, I don’t know if Joey is actually capable of controlled aggression but unless he can learn, he is no where near worth fielding. He was fitter with the raiders and less costly in dollars and mistakes. I think that unless he can get the right help, mentally, his career has well and truly hit a rapid fizz. It’s a shame because the tigers really need that game breaker at the moment.

His beloved Raiders dumped him, the Tigers banked on him, he’s been given notice, it’s now or never Joey.

Tiger05

First Grade
The thing with BJ is that he is a quality centre. He is a threat and you just have to give him the ball. His brother and Garner are also threats but there aren't many other quality attacking options in our team.

I'd sack him if he can't keep his shit together but you gotta give him more chances.

Tigerm

First Grade
I rate Corey big time but I doubt the Bulldogs let him go.
I was reading about these two today and that are being allowed back in.
At the time it happened, I though the Dogs sacked them, but they are saying they will look at there situation about playing?
Does anyone know the situation, I was hoping this was a reason we let CT go to get CHN?

Fordy20

Juniors
I was reading about these two today and that are being allowed back in.
At the time it happened, I though the Dogs sacked them, but they are saying they will look at there situation about playing?
Does anyone know the situation, I was hoping this was a reason we let CT go to get CHN?

Apparently they were deregistered by the NRL, but the club didn't sack them. If their contracts have been reinstated, then they both should by right to play after serving their suspensions.

I thought we let CT go to get Saab. Ravalawa and Periera are the first choice wingers and now they are both back, there's a slim possibility that he gets a release before August 1. The cynical side of me says he's staying with the Dragons this year and beyond and we won't get a replacement for CT for this season.

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently they were deregistered by the NRL, but the club didn't sack them. If their contracts have been reinstated, then they both should by right to play after serving their suspensions.

I thought we let CT go to get Saab. Ravalawa and Periera are the first choice wingers and now they are both back, there's a slim possibility that he gets a release before August 1. The cynical side of me says he's staying with the Dragons this year and beyond and we won't get a replacement for CT for this season.
If that happens, then it is another Matterson fiasco, where we lose a good player for no gain.
It's unbelievable.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m with you there, I don’t know if Joey is actually capable of controlled aggression but unless he can learn, he is no where near worth fielding. He was fitter with the raiders and less costly in dollars and mistakes. I think that unless he can get the right help, mentally, his career has well and truly hit a rapid fizz. It’s a shame because the tigers really need that game breaker at the moment.

His beloved Raiders dumped him, the Tigers banked on him, he’s been given notice, it’s now or never Joey.
At least that incident with his brother getting knocked out the way he did isn’t likely to happen again. I think he may learn from that ..What concerns me is that after Madge tore a strip off him about not being close to where he needs to be fitness wise to handle incidents like that under fatigue he didn’t say he would buckle down fitness wise he said Madge would prob thrash him at training..I think he will be a slightly improved version and that should be enough. Madges voice is still prob ringing in his ears. Welcome to the west tigers son

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
At least that incident with his brother getting knocked out the way he did isn’t likely to happen again. I think he may learn from that ..What concerns me is that after Madge tore a strip off him about not being close to where he needs to be fitness wise to handle incidents like that under fatigue he didn’t say he would buckle down fitness wise he said Madge would prob thrash him at training..
Good insight there, he’s not even talking the talk. Maybe he needs to be dropped every now and again just to keep him on his toes?

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/f474b8c84fa156c4bbe14da289a04e42

Andrew Johns says just eight NRL stars are worth $1 million. David Fifita is not one of them

Johns also left current million dollar a season player Jason Taumalolo of his list due to the fact the Cowboys are performing so poorly despite the lock’s consistently strong performances.

Johns would only break the bank to the tune of a million dollars plus for Cameron Smith, Luke Keary, Nathan Cleary, Cameron Munster, Jack Wighton, Mitchell Moses, Tom Trbojevic and James Tedesco.

Who do we want?

Tiger Ted

Bench
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/f474b8c84fa156c4bbe14da289a04e42

Andrew Johns says just eight NRL stars are worth $1 million. David Fifita is not one of them

Johns also left current million dollar a season player Jason Taumalolo of his list due to the fact the Cowboys are performing so poorly despite the lock’s consistently strong performances.

Johns would only break the bank to the tune of a million dollars plus for Cameron Smith, Luke Keary, Nathan Cleary, Cameron Munster, Jack Wighton, Mitchell Moses, Tom Trbojevic and James Tedesco.

Who do we want?
Tommy T & Keary

Who do we want?

Out of those eight, Keary would be the only one I'd target (at least for a million a season.) He is the one who would change it all for us.

magpie_man

Juniors

Who do we want?

Joey is spot on. A bit tough on 'lolo though and, sour grapes aside, I honestly wouldn't put Mitchy amongst that esteemed league.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Dylan Brown looks good doesn't he.
He is the goods: cool, calm and collected...just gets it done. Mitch is too frantic and panicky. He just tries too hard, which isn’t that bad a flaw but if he just chilled the F out a bit, I reckon he would have a better touch and make less errors. He has a good boot on him though.