1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Sounds good ....

2. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Maybe it's Paps:)

3. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/0dcc3328a799fb52c5f33dbc12bc6ecb

Melbourne superstar Josh Addo-Carr has signed with a new management company to help him secure a move to a Sydney NRL club at season’s end.
    He’s joined Crown Sports Management, led by well-known agent Mario Tartak and based in Sydney.

The 25-year-old State of Origin winger went through a messy break-up with his former agent Chris Orr earlier this year and the chaos was hampering his ability to find a way to move home to the NSW capital.

Addo-Carr wants to move back to Sydney for family reasons, and the Storm have agreed to consider releasing him from his contract if the club can secure a suitable replacement for his talents.

South Sydney and Canterbury have been floated as possible homes for the NSW Blues and Indigenous All Stars speedster.

It had been speculated Addo-Carr wasn’t happy with the money he’s earning at Melbourne after learning what some other wingers in the competition were pocketing.

During All Stars camp in February, he told foxsports.com.au he was considering representing himself in contract negotiations going forward, having had poor experiences with his former agent.

His Melbourne teammate Christian Welch is one NRL player who chooses to represent himself and a number of others have started doing it too.

On Thursday night as Addo-Carr tore the Sydney Roosters apart Crown Sports Management revealed his acquisition on their Instagram page.

They also represent his NSW teammate Damien Cook, who he could end up playing with at the Rabbitohs next year.

Addo-Carr is also friends with other South Sydney players like Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell.

4. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

There is talk that Raiders want BJ back (i'd be surprised if they did), but wonder if that had anything to do with his visit to ACT?

5. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

JAC going to Souths next year is one of the worst kept secrets around

I reckon it's the other way around. The visit to ACT has started the rumour that BJ is going back.

Tigerm likes this.
  6. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

I wish if it were true.We paid massive overs for the under delivering imbecile.

macnaz, gordsy and Tigerm like this.
  7. Trollhammaren

Trollhammaren Juniors

Huge news. Welcome home, Jordan Rankin.

8. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

At least he’s a chance to play semi final football this year.

gordsy likes this.
  9. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Marion Seve from the Storm, was a NYC Tiger.

10. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

That' would be either Paps, Seve or J.A.C

11. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Or if it’s the other code from down south, Marika K.

gordsy likes this.
  12. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Papenhuyzen would be my top want from that list but he is signed with the Storm until end 2022, so it's not him.

13. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Anyone quicker than a one legged person on crutches would be great.:D:D:D

macnaz, Tiger05 and super_coach like this.
  14. macnaz

macnaz Moderator Staff Member

I guess under the subject of other stuff.
    Ive found when searching for the game stats there appears to me the lack of penalty stats and even more so 6 again restarts.. does anyone have some links ?
    Per game i cant find everything about penalties which was a regular available stat... restarts zero.
    Im sure i can pick us at the bottom of both... also picking panfars and eels near the top ?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    super_coach and Tigerm like this.
  15. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Prob too “controversial” to publish

I don’t think I’ve seen a coach so happy on losing his job as Mary McGregor. It’s no wonder coz hes getting paid big $$ for the remainder of his contract..I think it’s the happiest I’ve seen him..

macnaz likes this.
  16. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

Stats must be being kept somewhere because I heard we are second last for being awarded set restarts.

17. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Pre madge I would have said, this was a bloody good chance of happening. Now I just hope it won't. Small mercies and what have you.

18. macnaz

macnaz Moderator Staff Member

I did find something a few weeks ago that we were 2nd highest after Brisbane for conceding penalties.

Fordy20 likes this.
  19. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

We didn’t seem to get a lot yesterday, did we.

Fordy20 likes this.
  20. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

We certainly won’t get the rub of the green re penalties & set restarts against the rorters this sat arvo

Fordy20 likes this.