What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
If we were offering Latrel a million I don't have a problem offering Josh a million. He wouldn't have to make lots of line breaks because every one he dd would be a high chance of turning into a try.

Tigerm

First Grade
We had better offer him a reasonable contract for us not for him. We'd better not get involved in a circus. I hope we sign him under those conditions only.
What do you reckon a reasonable contract for him is worth?

Tiger05

First Grade
If we were offering Latrel a million I don't have a problem offering Josh a million. He wouldn't have to make lots of line breaks because every one he dd would be a high chance of turning into a try.

I really hope we don't do this. It'll stuff us for years.

Tiger05

First Grade
What do you reckon a reasonable contract for him is worth?

A decent winger and not a cent more. If he performs than you can give him the extra dollars. I wouldn't be going above 500k. If we paid a million we'd just be screwing ourselves.

I'd like him here and I'd love him to be a gun fullback but that is a long way away from happening.

Vozzy

Juniors
I just want to know why a guy like Nicko Hynes would want to stay at Melbourne to play 2-3 games a year when Pap is so young and will be their fullback for years. He is better than douhie who would be better at 5/8 and Hynes wouldn't cost what top fullbacks demand yet. If Lawrence and Benji move on plus say McQueen surely you could offer 450-500k.

He will be waiting longer then Harry Grant to get a permanent starting spot.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'd offer him a short term $500k a year salary. If he kills it at fullback then we re-negotiate accordingly. If he sucks then he can move back to wing on a very good salary for a winger.

If JAC kills it at fullback though then it changes everything. We suddenly have an Origin player, who grew up a Tigers supporter and loves the club, playing a key position in the spine.

Worst case scenario we have one of the best wingers in the comp

Tigerm

First Grade
I was reading (Fox Sports I think) that Madge & Mbye had a heart to heart about Mbye's future and both agree, he should stay here?
IMO I think Packer will be a keeper and if Benji goes they may look at keeping Josh.
If they all earn their pay OK, but otherwise we may not be buying anyone, if the $300k salary cap money left is true.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Mbye, Reynolds, Benji, Mqueen, Taylor

That's at least 2.5 million a year in cap space if they all are moved on.

With that money we could sign Proctor, maybe also a few other players who were otherwise planning to retire, and JAC on 1.3 million to play wing.

Will be the biggest coop in Tigers histroy

Tiger Ted

Bench
Mbye, Reynolds, Benji, Mqueen, Taylor

That's at least 2.5 million a year in cap space if they all are moved on.

With that money we could sign Proctor, maybe also a few other players who were otherwise planning to retire, and JAC on 1.3 million to play wing.

Will be the biggest coop in Tigers histroy
We won’t have anywhere near that cap space if we r lucky enough to fk off the 2 ex dogs impostors as we will b significantly subsidising their contracts with their new employers.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I was being facetious guys. We won't be able to get rid of any of these players and even if we did it would be to sign a player like Proctor who is in the back end of his career and hasn't really done anything special since leaving Storm

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hang on, now I think it through how the f**k do we only have 300k for next year?? Benji, Lawrence, Mqueen, Taylor, Jennings are all off contract this year, plus Farahs penalty has finished...??

The Rosco

Bench
I was being facetious guys. We won't be able to get rid of any of these players and even if we did it would be to sign a player like Proctor who is in the back end of his career and hasn't really done anything special since leaving Storm

I like the word facetious.
Apparently, it's the only word in the English language that has the vowels in ascending order.
Everyone looks at it and says a, e, i, o, u to themselves . . . .

super_coach

First Grade
Our hands are pretty well tired for next year. Okay might be room for say a JAC. Trouble is we don’t save any cap space with Lawrence and Benji, both are on modest contracts and Lawrence has a one club discount.
Moving the big contracts on is near impossible, with Covid making ESL not such a desirable destination and no real demand from other clubs without a massive top up from us.
My gut feeling we might jag one good one but the rest will be just depth signings and my expectations for next year are not great...but from what I am hearing this time next year the war chest will be big and they already know where they want to spend it.....so I know we have been told before many times, but I guess we have to be patient

Shredder

Juniors
I think that $300k doesnt include anyone retiring, not being offered a new contact or moved on.

Its just current space.

Latest posts