1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I agree. All this idea that the younger generation are soft is BS. I have two teenagers and they are both hard little merkins.

My kids don't get trophies for competing and myself and my wife are nowhere near as wealthy as our parents were so our kids get a lot less than what we did.

2. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

I find it hard to believe Benji had no part in that story being leaked about his manager calling the club etc etc. We should put in nda's for all contracts from now all, you or the manager talk (for players and board people) you are sacked immediately with no payout and exposed as being a dog. Leaks would dry up rather quickly methinks.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    macnaz and Tigerm like this.
  3. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Who knows ? I'm not going to have a go at Benji because he has been great for us and the reality is we don't know who leaked that info. Nofo said it great that it was wrong to leak it.

I read on another forum that Benji and his manager probably caused this problem. They wanted another years contract and pushed it. Madge and the club consulted on it and let him know it's not happening the next day. Benji wants to play on and hence the drama. He could have done what Lawrence did and simply retired.

None of that means Benji leaked the players discussion to the media.

4. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

Tiger05, Tiger Ted and macnaz like this.
  5. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Tiger05 and Choiboi like this.
  6. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Well, with Benji leaving $300k and Chris at $350k (?), plus I think I read we had something $300k and a few more to go, the war chest is looking good to secure a few good recruits.
    For me, a quick back, a hard head forward & a GK would be first choices.

7. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Should have made McQueen stay out his contract. Was happy to take the money when it worked for him, now asks the club to release him when it works for him. The club should have told him he should stay here and finish his 3 year gardening leave when it expired on 31st October.

Perth Tiger and Fordy20 like this.
  8. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

See Todd Payten got the Cowboys gig for 3 years.

Tiger05 likes this.
  9. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

Really are they thanking McQueen for his services or for f##k##g off ?
    We have had some terrible buys at the WT, but ten games in three seasons says a lot about how good of a signing he was, thanks JT.

10. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

Yeah, good on him, he scored a try in GF against them and now has a job to turn them into a top 8 team again. I think he’ll get there b4 the Tigers do.

Tiger Ted and Tigerm like this.
  11. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

12. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

f**king off. Let's hope we get some more of these releases.

benched tiger likes this.
  13. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Why? We've covered 2 years and 10 months of his 3 year contract. This would have been "freaken awesome" last year.

stryker and Perth Tiger like this.
  14. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

The last laugh of Jason Failure.

Idris, Ballin and Mcqueen - the trifecta of worst signings in any club history

15. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

16. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

17. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Haha. I often think about how things might have been different for our club had Taylor not been signed. I think his appointment cost the club a golden generation with Tedesco Woods, Moses and Brooks.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/29/wests-tigers-appoint-jason-taylor-as-new-coach

The other contenders were not standouts and it would have been very early for Todd Payten. However, Payten is managed my Isaac Moses which might have made an impact.

18. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Tristan Sailor

https://test.triplem.com.au/story/s...n-sailor-from-joining-the-wests-tigers-164639

we must be pretty keen on him.

We've got to look to guys like this among the juniors and the fringes.

Josh Schuster from Manly is another. Re-signed for one year at the Eagles last summer and will debut for them on Sunday if the mail is on.

Its really not hard to get recruitment right. We make it look so difficult :(

WA Tiger likes this.
  19. axl rose

axl rose Bench

Hmm must be close, how about Chris Walker, Carl Webb & Justin Poore for the Eels.

20. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Payten would have been better than Taylor for sure. If he was able to keep the "big 4" then just that alone would have been monsterous for us