1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Oh, I didn't realise it was this young bloke, he is good. Next time.

2. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I remember we tried to get him. He is exactly the type of player we need. He was going at Benji and was heaps better than Benji although that was one of Benji's poor games.

Benji should retire and no club will offer him a contract based on that performance.

3. simmo05

simmo05 Bench

He was promised the head coach gig, and they turned around and signed taylor. The cowboys gig was the last one available for the next season

Tigerm likes this.
  4. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Turned out for him then

5. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Not sure of the length of the Schuster contract but if it is a development deal he is on you'd think it would be at least a couple of years.

We did try and recruit him last year. There was info on the main forum about it at the time. I think there was also mail that Wayne Lambkin our Flegg coach was doing a lot of the recruiting for Schuster who went to Westfield Sports High. Lambkin was at Manly previously and has brought a lot of Westfield students to that club. Lambkin is or was a teacher at Westfield.

It seems like Lambkin has quite a lot of influence over our recruiting at WT.
    https://www.fairfieldchampion.com.a...-westfields-sports-to-feature-in-documentary/

Talau is already at our club. Utoikamanu is signed for next year and we are red hot on Jason Saab who also played for Lambkin.

Pretty sure Ray Jankovic also played in the 2018 Westfield team. He played reggies last year and has good leg drive

6. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

7. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Contract List from 2021 as per zero tackle website

Sorry if posted elsewhere already but doesnt hure to revisit.

Props (6)
    Twal
    Packer
    Utoikamanu
    Musgrove
    Aloiai
    Mikaele

Edge Forwards (5)

Blore
    Leilua L
    Garner
    McIntyre
    Chee Kam

Hookers (2)
    Simpkin
    Liddle

Halves (4)
    Madden
    Reynolds
    Brooks
    Walters

Outside Backs (9)
    Mbye
    Doueihi
    Hoffman
    Cini
    Bradley
    Nofoaluma
    Leilua BJ
    Talau
    Kepaoa

Outside of the glaring "Overpaid Duds" issue which is raised anywhere and everywhere the main problem I can see with this mix of players is the fact that there is next to no experience in the outside backs.

Is Henry Lealuga-Puhotau still with the club? https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/03/28/henry-lealuga-puhotau-joins-2019-development-squad/ Have not heard anything about him this year?

Tiger05, Tigerm and axl rose like this.
  8. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

macnaz likes this.
  9. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

A coach I know says of the team, only the 17 picked will like you this week.
    But winning solves everything, when you are losing everyone has an opinion as to why and its always easier to blame the coach.
    Weather good or bad, at least the club has told all players that Madge ball is what we are playing, your either on the bus or not.

10. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

I wonder what happened to Pangai's TPA claim, it seems to have VERY quiet.

axl rose and Tiger05 like this.
  11. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

Went quiet about the same time that Brisbane decided he wasn't too much trouble and wanted to talk about keeping him on.

Funny that...

macnaz and The Rosco like this.
  12. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

I Haven't seen anywhere that McIntyre had been resigned?

13. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

I hope we resign McIntyre.

He has played well this year, is young so there is upside, wouldn't cost much and at worse he would be good depth for us

14. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

We could wait untill next year but we are so confident in Madge, despite all the distasteful recent news updates, we will sign him this year because there’s nothing, that he needs to prove to us ..top 8 contenders? No ...Team discipline good? No ...Coach has the trust of the team? No ..Don’t worry about those things We hear he was good in the past..Anyway we just need to wait until we have good players.The coaches input isn’t that important .He's not the one on the field making the tackles right? AND seriously I think if we just pretend there’s no problems they might just go away! I mean it ...

Most important tho let’s sign him up 12 months before we need to, so we can set ourselves up to be ridiculed again as a club next year, when the inevitable shit hits the fan ..So to wrap up we are so confident in Madge we will sign him up early because that will give Madge confidence to continue on his merry way....But obviously we don’t trust the prick, I mean look at him..that’s why he’s getting 12 months..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Tiger Ted likes this.
  15. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Looks like Freddy is trying find a way not to select Nofo?

A TIGER TO TEAR INTO MAROONS?

In a season of near misses, the form of David Nofoaluma has been a rare shining light for the Wests Tigers.

In each of the last two years - under Ivan Cleary and then Michael Maguire - the winger has been dropped to reserve grade.

This season, however, he’s been by far and away the best player for the Tigers.

The Samoan international bagged a hat-trick against Manly on Saturday, taking him to the top of the tryscoring charts with 17 for the season.

But given his rich vein of form, could he also be a feature for NSW in this year’s end-of-season Origin.

“I agree that he can definitely play at that level,” Maguire said of Nofoaluma. “His hunger and fight to improve as a player will definitely put him in contention so looking forward to seeing what happens when teams are selected.

“His passion, his pride in what he does, I think everyone can see that with the way he plays.”

Of course NSW is blessed for options in the backline, but as Blues coach Brad Fittler said with Blake Ferguson’s dip in form, the door could still be open for Nofoaluma.

“He’s playing right wing and Fergo’s not scored a try all year,” said Fittler. “He’s been incredible, but he did drop a ball and brought Manly back into the game.

“When you’re a little winger you have to nail that part of the game.

“He’s hard to tackle... what’s good too is he doesn’t stop, he skips in field he runs to space, he always seem able to get quick play the balls.”

16. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

I did hear on another forum that he had a hand in the white-anting of Potter in order to secure the job for himself. Not sure how much stock I put in it though. I don't think it would have been too healthy having a coach that played with a lot of the playing group. It didn't seem to work too well for Browny at the Dragons.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Das Hassler likes this.
  17. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

He's scored 17 tries, but how many has he let in?

18. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

We can't wait until next year. Madge is only signed to the end of the 2021 and any player worth a pinch of shit will want more than one year and they will expect to know who the coach is over that period. Take Tamou for example, the only reason his isn't re-signing with Penrith is because he wants more than a year.

Apart from signing players, no quality coach is going to come here if they know they will only get two seasons to achieve success, despite the amount of baggage hanging around from the previous coach. If we punted Madge now or just let the clock run out on his contract like we did with Potter, we're not going to be attract a decent coach.

So we need to extend him this year before all the decent players get snapped up and he needs to be extended at least 2 years beyond the end of his current contract, simply for the stability of the club and to built toward success next year.

Perth Tiger, macnaz, Choiboi and 2 others like this.
  19. Mario chalmers

Mario chalmers Juniors

Sorry I forgot to put an asterisk * next to his name but that was my intention!

I think he has shown enough to warrant re-signing. I also think clubs have a pretty decent incentive to re-sign development players but I can't quote the exact $ figure.

Perth Tiger and Tigerm like this.
  20. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

I do get your first bit only but I can’t condone that general direction..Alternatively give em a new coach now ..obviously we won’t because of the goodie goodie two shoes tigers management...they should have learnt from Cleary and had a replacement lined up by now..