Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Hopefully they checked this time?

Though I still think Farrah's was a non-issue for everyone except Greenburg.

2. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

Farah left with the promise of a job after footy then came back on a playing contract raising questions about the value of the contract to the value of the job after footy. That’s why we got pinged.

Tigerm likes this.
  3. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

Thanks Turd Greenberg

Ex-tigers player Tyson Gamble making his debut for the Broncos this weekend.

4. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

100%. We only got burnt cos Greenberg was a shit merkin. No sympathy from me when the media tore him down.

Ron's_Mate and Old Time Tiger like this.
  5. Old Time Tiger

Old Time Tiger Juniors

If he was still running the game, there would still be 2 refs if they played at all.

Still can't believe he hasn't announced that he's running for politics, he certainly spoke and acted like one..

6. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

If Green turd was still in charge there would be no NRL. When there was a crisis he was found to be completely out of his depth. V'Landys turned up at just the right time to get us rid of that turkey.

7. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

8. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Let’s hope he’s smart enough to take up the offer.

9. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

That depends on what it’s paying ...and I think he’s prob ready to cut ties? For now ..

10. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Benji is adored at Fox and second to none as most respected and recognised player around the league world for what he’s done (that’s always a good place to start) ...not at the west tigers tho the club he loved but that’s ok ..with Benji when you think his story is over it just keeps going
    That job offer is a token gesture and likely a token gesture pay...I don’t think Madge and Benji want to come to work each day and see each other’s mug

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  11. Trollhammaren

Trollhammaren Juniors

He has played a few games for the Broncos this year to minimal fanfare.

12. Marshall_magic

Marshall_magic Coach

Not sold on Tamou, reeks of another past his best, highly paid, non delivering flop.

13. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

Hearing that Garner may be going to Manly despite 2 years left on his deal. Not sure if this is club trying to move him on or he wants out.

Are Blore and McIntyre 2nd rowers or middle forwards? If they prefer 2nd row then I don't see Garner as a huge loss but if not then we might be in trouble

benched tiger, super_coach and Tigerm like this.
  14. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Unfortunately I agree with you on Garner.

axl rose likes this.
  15. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/99f3b621-04b7-476f-aab7-3cdc2c44883c

Snippets from article
    “The 35-year old currently sits second only to Cronulla's Shaun Johnson for try assists this year and was the main point of threat against the Rabbitohs last Thursday.

Cook, who was on the opposite side of the park at Bankwest Stadium, said it was clear among his teammates that Marshall was the Tigers' biggest asset, and was baffled as to why he was being let go.”

"I'll tell you one thing about him from the weekend. Benji has been told [he's] no longer [wanted] at the Tigers but he was the main threat we came up against on the weekend.

"We had to stop him. He was the one threatening us each time he backed himself, and for a team that's letting him go they still had him in full control of the game and he's a big reason why that game came down to two points."

Ok so who do I believe? Someone’s got it wrong Hmmm

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  16. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

What isn't being reported is the fact that Reynolds and Brooks are sitting there on 1.5 million a year combined, plus JAC incoming which will shift either AD or Mbye into 6.

It would make my day if someone from Tigers just came out and said - "we told Benji that if he could convince Reynolds or Mbye to find a new club we would re-sign him...."

axl rose likes this.
  17. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

And make it seem a little less brutal and clarify the reality of the situation which would put minds at ease yip ..It’s a “company” stuff up tho that’s prob why they haven't..not good to wave that around ..instead just clip him and ship him

18. super_coach

super_coach Bench

My info and it comes from a impeccable source, Manly started the ball rolling as they are light on for forwards next and Garner did not need much convincing that a change would be a good move. Anyway nothing signed but talks are well progressed

19. super_coach

super_coach Bench

I love these articles...of course Benji was the one they had to stop, he was the primary playmaker, and yes the primary playmaker usually has the most try assists. Now my guess if Benji was not there, Souths would have had to concentrated on Brooks or who ever played the role of playmaker.
    Benji could probably do what he is doing now for another five years, but we would be playing a man down without the ball

Vic Mackey, Tiger Ted and Tigerm like this.
  20. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

Reports are Melbourne are chasing Campbell Graham from south's for Josh Ado Carr.

Uhhh... Are you guys sure JAC to the tigers are a done deal?