What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo05

Bench
Well its a start, what I think it does is now put pressure on the rest of the pack to start preforming for the remainder of the year.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Sad part about this re SOO is this illiterat hillbilly is favourite to be NSW captain....
Heaven help us NSW fans.....
Chalk down another SOO series loss if this happens.

Incorrect

Coach
Still speculation Eels are courting Nofo.

David Nofoaluma could follow Mitchell Moses to Parramatta after revealing he has spoken to Brad Arthur about the prospect of also shifting across to the blue and golds.

Nofoaluma has set himself the lofty goal of becoming the "best winger in the game" and is seeking a three-year deal at a club that can help him achieve it. While much of the focus has been on Wests Tigers' attempts to re-sign the 'big four', Nofoaluma is also off contract and considering approaches from rival clubs. One of them is the Eels, who are seeking a replacement for rugby-bound winger Semi Radradra.

"Yeah, I've spoken with him, we've had talks," Nofoaluma said."There are a lot of positive things that you hear from him and Mitch has told me the same thing.
"He's really keen on building something at Parramatta and I've taken on the things he's discussed with me. At the end of the day you've got to weigh up your options and make a decision when the time comes."

The fact that good friend Moses is also shifting to the Eels won't hurt that club's chances of snaring Nofoaluma.
"It's interesting because me and Mitch are on the same side of the field," he said. "I don't see any harm if that was to happen, me and him would still have a good combination. "It all comes down to the best offer and making the best decisions. Obviously Mitch has made a decision and there are reasons behind that that I don't know. My goal is to perform the same and I'll focus on playing, whatever happens happens."

There is no shortage of quality flankers in the NRL with Semi Radradra, Jordan Rapana, Corey Oates, Suliasi Vunivalu and Josh Mansour among the best in the business. When asked the secret behind his good form, Nofoaluma said he was driven to be part of the conversation.

"It's purely based on wanting to becomes the best winger in the game," he said.
"I want to be up there and noticed as one of the good players. I'm doing everything I can, whether it be at training or in the game, to do that. Obviously coming off contract, you want to be playing to what you're valued and get the best coin you can these days. While speculation over the 'big four' had been a distraction from the players and the club, Nofoaluma said he was unfazed by uncertainty over his own future.
"I finished the year last year and had a bit of confidence from the club, a lot of people saying that I finished the year with my best footy," he said.
"A lot of people saying if I was to bring that into this year it would be a great start to the season. I had that mentality all the way through pre-season training.
"I knew from the get-go I wanted to be one of the top wingers, if not top three wingers in the comp. I came with that mentality at the start of the season and what I expected, it's happening.
"I couldn't really be prouder of myself."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...moses-at-parramatta-eels-20170412-gvjod9.html

How do you Tigers fans feel hearing him talk like that about Brad Arthur and the Eels? I think it's a bit disrespectful to the Tigers and Cleary.

If there's one lesson I think all of the players involved in the protracted contract negotiations at the Tigers should learn at the end of it all, is that they need to be a little more sensitive in the way they talk about offers from other clubs next time around. Talking up clubs like the Roosters and the Dogs and how professionally run they are, Brad Artur's vision etc etc don't endear you to the fans of the team your about to run out for this weekend I wouldn't have thought....

Clifferd

Coach
Still speculation Eels are courting Nofo.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...moses-at-parramatta-eels-20170412-gvjod9.html

How do you Tigers fans feel hearing him talk like that about Brad Arthur and the Eels? I think it's a bit disrespectful to the Tigers and Cleary.

If there's one lesson I think all of the players involved in the protracted contract negotiations at the Tigers should learn at the end of it all, is that they need to be a little more sensitive in the way they talk about offers from other clubs next time around. Talking up clubs like the Roosters and the Dogs and how professionally run they are, Brad Artur's vision etc etc don't endear you to the fans of the team your about to run out for this weekend I wouldn't have thought....

Imho the way these players talk to the media etc about negotiations should be banned. Look at how poorly our club captain of all has handled this situation

As someone else in this forum mentioned a simple "I have not made a decision regarding any contract I have no further comment on this matter" should be said and should shut them vultures up for good. All you ever hear on the news is contracts and it's starting to piss me off

Tiger Ted

Bench
The gump woods should b stripped of captaincy.He has none of the qualities befitting a leader !! He is such a naive juvenile allowing himself to b manipulated & brainwashed by the shitbags Isaac & wehbe !!

I really hope he announces very soon that he is leaving.

Imho the way these players talk to the media etc about negotiations should be banned.

Simple really, contract with NRL and all of their requirements and the club specific page that states:
You will not, whilst under contract, disparage, denigrate etc etc the club, management and fellow players by any means.

etc etc

In regards to contracts, your statements to the press will be "I have not made a decision regarding any contract I have no further comment on this matter" unless the club has agreed to your release and given approval to make a statement, etc etc

Failure to do so will ..................

It's not hard is it? Apparently it is.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The off-field image directly relates to their on-field image and results. Unprofessional, whinny and sorely lacking a leader. These guys won't get anywhere near a camera when they head off to their new clubs.

Tiger05

First Grade
The off-field image directly relates to their on-field image and results. Unprofessional, whinny and sorely lacking a leader. These guys won't get anywhere near a camera when they head off to their new clubs.

Woods is simply not the leader that we need at this point. I also think Moses/Wehbe who have no idea are really poor mentors for these guys.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I have to admit I've lost a lot of confidence in Woods as a leader of this club. Before this contract saga I strongly believed he should have been seriously considered as NSW captain but now they shouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. He deserves to probably be picked, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the leadership group. I sincerely hope he stays at the tigers as he's a great player & the mainstay of our pack, but he should no longer be our captain. If he stays I'd look at making him captain again in another couple of years depending on how he's matured.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I emailed the club my thoughts on this mess:

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate way to contact the club, and I'm unsure how to email the CEO/management directly, but I feel I have to share my concerns.

I have been a fan of the club since its inception, and have been a member for 8 straight years.

My concerns are regarding the way in which the players have been speaking in the media of late, and the behaviour of the captain in particular which I find particularly disgraceful.

I feel there has been absolutely no respect shown by these players to the club and fans when speculating about leaving the team when they're off talking to the media on an almost-daily basis.

The manner in which they are constantly speculating about leaving the Tigers, and whilst talking about the positives of other NRL clubs, does nothing but hurt the spirits of fans and I assume the players who are proud to play for the Tigers.

I feel in particular the captain has dragged this club through the mud on a weekly basis by continually giving credence to suggestions he is leaving the Tigers. I've never seen such disrespect shown by a captain of this club in my time supporting the Tigers.

I don't understand why these players have not been given an edict by management to reply to questions from journalists that they have no comment on the matter until a decision is made.

The constant speculation is driving us fans mad! It sickens me to see the captain of the team behave in this manner on a weekly basis when I've dedicated so much of my time and energy over the course of a lifetime to this club.

If these players leave, fine, but they don't need to drag this club through the mud in the process.

If you could pass on my concerns to those who may be in a position to take this on board that would be much appreciated.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate way to contact the club, and I'm unsure how to email the CEO/management directly, but I feel I have to share my concerns.

I have been a fan of the club since its inception, and have been a member for 8 straight years.

My concerns are regarding the way in which the players have been speaking in the media of late, and the behaviour of the captain in particular which I find particularly disgraceful.

I feel there has been absolutely no respect shown by these players to the club and fans when speculating about leaving the team when they're off talking to the media on an almost-daily basis.

The manner in which they are constantly speculating about leaving the Tigers, and whilst talking about the positives of other NRL clubs, does nothing but hurt the spirits of fans and I assume the players who are proud to play for the Tigers.

I feel in particular the captain has dragged this club through the mud on a weekly basis by continually giving credence to suggestions he is leaving the Tigers. I've never seen such disrespect shown by a captain of this club in my time supporting the Tigers.

I don't understand why these players have not been given an edict by management to reply to questions from journalists that they have no comment on the matter until a decision is made.

The constant speculation is driving us fans mad! It sickens me to see the captain of the team behave in this manner on a weekly basis when I've dedicated so much of my time and energy over the course of a lifetime to this club.

If these players leave, fine, but they don't need to drag this club through the mud in the process.

If you could pass on my concerns to those who may be in a position to take this on board that would be much appreciated.
Great email trollhammaren.Cleary needs to read this more than anyone else in a delegatory position coz he is the only one I have faith in who will comprehend the legitimacy & seriousness of these valid gripes re the deplorable conduct of the vermins puppets !!!

Let us know if anyone from our spineless admin gives u the courtesy by responding.Id like to have a wager that the softcocks won't respond !!

Radical Rat

Juniors

Hi there.

Well said mate. Echoing the thoughts of all true Tigers fans. Please keep us updated if you get a response. I would wager they'll be silent on that one. I sent Justin Pascoe a tweet the other day and he followed me but neglected to address my question.

stryker

First Grade
It seems Stringer has shed more light on what the hell is going on this year and he seems to be laying some blame at the feet of this con man Joe Wehbe. ive always thought him to be a snake oil salesman and it seems he has got so far into these boys heads that they are brainwashed.

I dont give a crap if Woods runs 300 or Teddy scores a hatrick on Monday. They both have to go immediately before they further damage the club. The longer we keep trying to please them, the less time we have to secure other talent to replace them with when they inevitably leave. Strike first and f#ck them off.

Tiger Ted

Bench
It seems Stringer has shed more light on what the hell is going on this year and he seems to be laying some blame at the feet of this con man Joe Wehbe. ive always thought him to be a snake oil salesman and it seems he has got so far into these boys heads that they are brainwashed.

I dont give a crap if Woods runs 300 or Teddy scores a hatrick on Monday. They both have to go immediately before they further damage the club. The longer we keep trying to please them, the less time we have to secure other talent to replace them with when they inevitably leave. Strike first and f#ck them off.
I'm really pissed off that the contracts haven't been withdrawn yet.We can no longer b seen to b bending to these pricks & there f**kwit manager..Its outrageous that we've allowed this saga to drag on for 6 months without applying a cut off date for decisions by these dumb wankas.

Tiger05

First Grade

I couldn't believe reading how they wanted their special masseuse to be at the club along with Wehbe. What I really love is the fact that Robbie gets blamed for sacking Potter and then for all the dramas with JT and in reality it appears our 3 little petals are the most petulant little children to have ever played the game.

These guys at the moment don't appear to have the character to represent the club.

I never thought rugby league players were soft but these guys have proven me wrong.

I'd like to see the NRL tell all teams the salary cap for the 2018 season will be announced 2 weeks after the grand final. Also state the player negotiations aren't allowed to occur prior to this date. If anyone is proven to have done this the player manager is banned forever, the player will be banned for a year, and the pilfering club fined $1million payable to the club the player is currently contracted to. It won't stop it from happening but it will stop these "sagas" being played out in the media during the course of the year. Have a dedicated trade window at the end of the year for a month so all this shit can get sorted out quickly.

Fans of all clubs hate the sort of rubbish we have had to put up with lately. Unfortunately what's good for fans and the game doesn't seem rate a mention at NRL HQ. Sadly clubs view players as pawns and players view clubs as employers, at best. The fan comes last. Just an idea that I think could stop the frustration and heartbreak of all fans of all clubs now have to suffer annually.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Well said mate. Echoing the thoughts of all true Tigers fans. Please keep us updated if you get a response. I would wager they'll be silent on that one. I sent Justin Pascoe a tweet the other day and he followed me but neglected to address my question.

I really think Ivan needs to arrange a face to face with us fans ,so he can listen to our beefs...
In a decent sized club somewhere.