What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
This from the WT’s site, this info comes from a guy who works for or at the club, very reliable.

• Here’s the latest with JAC:
  1. He’s accepted the offer put forward to him from the Tigers (Best $$ wise compared to others)
  2. Fullback bonuses included, (If he makes FB his own the deal would average out to $675,000 P.A)
  3. 4 year deal starting in 2022 there ready to sign Nov 1 if deal with Melbourne not reached before.
    4.Would be a lie to say if the club wasn’t nervous that during this delay there are others trying to get in through the back door. Melbourne don’t appear keen on James Roberts & Souths don’t have the $$ to match our offer even with Lowes retirement.
  4. No idea where Bulldogs name came up into this, no formal talks/offers presented last check.

The POM usually is spot on. I reckon we are a really good chance to sign JAC, it just hinges on Storm.

I reckon they have quietly said to us that there is the easy way and the hard way for us to get JAC. The easy way involves Harry Grant coming back to Storm without any fuss, the hard way involves JAC not getting released until they actually do get someone of JAC's calibre.

Tiger05

First Grade
You have to wait until there is an official announcement before you can believe anything written anywhere. That is more true when it comes to Rothfield that it does for an anonymous tip on a forum. Those guys at the DT just make crap up all the time.

I reckon JAC is a close to coming to us but anything can happen up until there is an official announcement.

JAC won't be at Melbourne next year, he has already said that in an interview. That means Melbourne has to do something prior to November 1 to avoid paying a player to be in preseason with them when he will not line up for them next year. They have signed George Jennings so they have signed someone to fill in the role. He's obviously not a JAC calibre player, but we've seen average players flourish in the Melbourne system.

I can't say with certainty as I have no inside info, but based on logic I would guess that JAC has likely secured the release and already sorted his future out, but it will be put on ice until after the GF so as not to disrupt Melbourne's finals tilt.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We need J A C so bad just to raise the morale of Tigers supporters. I can't imagine any other signing having the same effect. It would mean more cash for the club through membership and merchandise sales. If restrictions where dropped we would get a lot more through the turnstiles because of him also.

Come on Tigers don't drop the ball on this one!

super_coach

First Grade
Was told he was coming months ago but funny things happen. If it was between us and Souths he might take less to be with plenty of brothers, but if it was between us and the Dogs it will be all about money and we usually come second in auctions.

Anyway all will be revealed next week and after the Latrell saga I really don’t care..and to quote the great philosopher Arron Woods..it what it is

Rhyno

First Grade
A wise man once said “I knew I’d regret it if I signed with the tigers “

that wise man also happens to be best mates with JAC

The Rosco

Bench
A wise man once said “I knew I’d regret it if I signed with the tigers “

that wise man also happens to be best mates with JAC
I know a wise man that once said " Parramatta doesn't matter"
How's the pain management going rhyno, old bean ?
You wouldn't be over it yet. 35 years.
I see that many Parra fans regret signing Mitchy the Bitchy. You wouldn't understand yet.
I read somewhere that in the last 10 or 15 years that WT have made the finals ONCE less than Parra. Similar number of finals wins. But Parra have a whole bucket of wooden spoons.
Darn, I was sure Parra were going to go far this year. Gutho being the best player all year and all.

Pezz70

Juniors
Well, someone is wrong, hope it's you.
Yeah so do I, but let’s face it, until we start making the finals we’re not gonna attract anyone with out paying significant overs, that leads to the situation that got us into the mess, vicious cycle. We’re better off gritting our teeth and battling on, being well managed and reaping the rewards down the track

WA Tiger

Bench
Re JAC I read a smh article maybe a week ago..It said the player managers were saying that parra and WT were the worst clubs to deal with for signings..Just bloody hard work trying to get anything done...obstacle after obstacle..I cant find it now

Tigers Tale

Juniors
If, and I say if we don't sign JAC there is about 500 posters ready and waiting to give it to management. I can't come to grips with how inept we are at signing players. Sure, JAC may eventually come here but my gut says he wont (I think Souths based on Bennetts baldfaced denial) but there is more than JAC we could have chased for next year.

If he doesn't sign, this website will go into meltdown I reckon....

Jimmy the jet and jac would liven up the old side.

Momo will be a better player.

Young steff arrives from the eels, well drilled primed and ready.

Another year closer to releasing underperforming players or suddenly they want to play as the jig is up.

A large chunk of the side removed from office.

Madge sucks in the lessons from the year on different fronts.He made some errors, but he also got some things perfect. Game v Broncos was about the perfect coaching example of the year and there was something to like v the eels last round.

The end of change room revolts as the trouble has gone.

Wonderful year for nofo, Lucy and douhie.

Tiger05

First Grade
If, and I say if we don't sign JAC there is about 500 posters ready and waiting to give it to management. I can't come to grips with how inept we are at signing players. Sure, JAC may eventually come here but my gut says he wont (I think Souths based on Bennetts baldfaced denial) but there is more than JAC we could have chased for next year.

If he doesn't sign, this website will go into meltdown I reckon....

I honestly don't get this at all. It's like some people just lose all perspective. It's rugby league. It's a team you support.

None of us including the Tigers control signing players.

I also think a key point to make is that our big problem is actually when we sign players. It's not the players we miss out on that are a problem. It's the players we actually get because inevitably we stuff our cap.

I hope we sign JAC but if he doesn't sign with us and people lose it those people have a real f**ked up perspective on life.

Rhyno

First Grade
I know a wise man that once said " Parramatta doesn't matter"
How's the pain management going rhyno, old bean ?
You wouldn't be over it yet. 35 years.
I see that many Parra fans regret signing Mitchy the Bitchy. You wouldn't understand yet.
I read somewhere that in the last 10 or 15 years that WT have made the finals ONCE less than Parra. Similar number of finals wins. But Parra have a whole bucket of wooden spoons.
Darn, I was sure Parra were going to go far this year. Gutho being the best player all year and all.

As much as you try you can’t forget your merged clubs history of a total 21 wooden spoons lol
Magpies 17
Balmain 4
When you merge two clubs their history merges into one

I’ve asked you this before but you never answered me where you originally a magpie or Balmain fan?

Vozzy

Juniors
I think the main reason why star players dont come here is because of who we are already paying more then them. Like JAC would come here but 3 duds in the team are still getting paid more then a current kangaroo in the same team. Also you want to come to a place where there is a potential of signing others. The dogs have been cleaning out for years now and playing competative and keep most games close. We have been stuck in the same spiral and end up getting smashed late in games. I really cant see players wanting to come tgis year but 2022 yes.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think the main reason why star players dont come here is because of who we are already paying more then them. Like JAC would come here but 3 duds in the team are still getting paid more then a current kangaroo in the same team. Also you want to come to a place where there is a potential of signing others. The dogs have been cleaning out for years now and playing competative and keep most games close. We have been stuck in the same spiral and end up getting smashed late in games. I really cant see players wanting to come tgis year but 2022 yes.
Sorry, but the dogs were not competitive they nearly won the spoon
They have signed on maybe the worst head coach in recent times
From my understanding JAC has the best offer from us, don’t know if he is coming but I do think our potential far exceeds the dogs