What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b02dfc1d643fea840f00cb1f807ba88a

PROMISING BUNNY LET GO

The Rabbitohs are set to lose impressive fullback Corey Allan.

The Sunday Telegraph reports the club have offered Allan a release from the final year of his contract if he can find another club.

The 22-year-old’s contract expires at the end of next season, allowing him to now begin negotiations for 2022, however should a club want him straight away, South Sydney will not stand in his way.

The club is in talks with star No.1 Latrell Mitchell to extend and upgrade his contract and simply cannot afford to spend money on another fullback.

Allan did a brilliant job filling for Mitchell when he injured his hamstring and is highly regarded amongst the playing group.

Mitchell joined the Rabbitohs this year on a reported $600,000 and the club has the option in its favour for a second year at $800,000.

The Telegraph floated the Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks and Tigers as possible homes for Allan.

However, the Sharks are already under cap pressure.

Pezz70

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b02dfc1d643fea840f00cb1f807ba88a

PROMISING BUNNY LET GO

The Rabbitohs are set to lose impressive fullback Corey Allan.

The Sunday Telegraph reports the club have offered Allan a release from the final year of his contract if he can find another club.

The 22-year-old’s contract expires at the end of next season, allowing him to now begin negotiations for 2022, however should a club want him straight away, South Sydney will not stand in his way.

The club is in talks with star No.1 Latrell Mitchell to extend and upgrade his contract and simply cannot afford to spend money on another fullback.

Allan did a brilliant job filling for Mitchell when he injured his hamstring and is highly regarded amongst the playing group.

Mitchell joined the Rabbitohs this year on a reported $600,000 and the club has the option in its favour for a second year at $800,000.

The Telegraph floated the Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks and Tigers as possible homes for Allan.

However, the Sharks are already under cap pressure.

This kid got great potential did a fantastic job for souths. Him at full back Douehi at 5/8 wouldn’t hurt us at all. The money is probably about right for him too.

Corey Allen:

As the year went on:

a) he went from Emerging stock To junior Under-sub marquee. On the up player.

b) his rewards for multiple successful executions, meant that he was beginning to play a greater role in set plays.

c) He has the sniff of the strike about him. Has a relationship with the thin white line and in goal.

d) Would enable dougie to play at his natural game in the halves.

e) Has been well coached and is a young gentleman.

f) Utility back.

Buy Buy Buy!

Last edited:
As for JAC I’m getting sick of hero’s trying to f**k us around.

And then flop out once they arrive.

We need players like stefano who want to play for us.

Not these holier than thou self serving, arrogant f**kouts.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Not sold on Allan. To me seems like the type of player with a bit of talent but fairly limited that was able to have a good period in a good team. But once teams start to understand how he plays he would be shut down and exploited pretty quickly.

If I was the tigers I would see if he was interested but I wouldn’t be offering anymore that around 250k per season, if someone else wants to pay more then so be it.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Corey Allen:

As the year went on:

a) he went from Emerging stock To junior Under-sub marquee. On the up player.

b) his rewards for multiple successful executions, meant that he was beginning to play a greater role in set plays.

c) He has the sniff of the strike about him. Has a relationship with the thin white line and in goal.

d) Would enable dougie to play at his natural game in the halves.

e) Has been well coached and is a young gentleman.

f) Utility back.

Buy Buy Buy!
Hope you give me permission to come on here, as you have on our side lol

Corey Allan would be a good buy at his current price which I think is 350.

Australian schoolboys and first ever player to be selected PM XIII without having played NRL
Great hands/ ball skills displayed from when Latrell went out, and when we gave the Rorters a good arse-whipping onwards. Should develop into a good backline playmaker if given the chance and right coaching.
Natural fullback, reasonably safe under the high ball but lacks off-the-mark speed, not sure about him as last line defender, but with practice and hitting the bags, can improve.
Would enable Douehi to switch to 5/8 which, in time and experience, I believe is his natural position - this means you'd have two pretty tall guys at key positions.
Also, another option is potential to develop Allan as a 5/8 (which I would have liked to see him do at Souths), and play Douehi at fullback or centre. I believe Allan has the right skills to transition to 5/8, he won't be a Thurston or Cody Walker but I think he's got the right skills. Needs to develop a field-position kicking game but has shown he has a short kicking game in the opposition red zone.

If he leaves Souths, would like to see him at your team, would be a good fit, and for his current price, reasonable value. I'd hate to see him to go to the Broncos

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Thanks for that story. Excellent.

Well i think we had here it in the back of our minds that the announcement was taking too long and I said at the riff forum today, we thought there were gremlins.

I’m not sold on a strike winger concept, in my view, we need strike halves and we’ve only got one in Brooksy. And to some here, I deserve a good flogging if I uttered that out loud.

As for a like player, we could only offer up nofo, which would be like selling your 18 year old kid sibling to a grubby pimp.

I’m thinking the jac money for Corey and maybe May from the riff.

If we can offer the riff a spare forward. I am thinking Twal as a leg opener, some cash in the bank to pick up dwz whose struggled a bit at the dogs. He is a fine player.

For what’s in worth, I’d spend a some overs on Cody Walker after that knights game. He beat four defenders ( twice) with a twitch.

Madge thinks we are dripping with halves. He’s watching a different side lol.

And not kicking to the opposition fullback would be a somewhat belated but welcome development.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hope you give me permission to come on here, as you have on our side lol

Corey Allan would be a good buy at his current price which I think is 350.

Australian schoolboys and first ever player to be selected PM XIII without having played NRL
Great hands/ ball skills displayed from when Latrell went out, and when we gave the Rorters a good arse-whipping onwards. Should develop into a good backline playmaker if given the chance and right coaching.
Natural fullback, reasonably safe under the high ball but lacks off-the-mark speed, not sure about him as last line defender, but with practice and hitting the bags, can improve.
Would enable Douehi to switch to 5/8 which, in time and experience, I believe is his natural position - this means you'd have two pretty tall guys at key positions.
Also, another option is potential to develop Allan as a 5/8 (which I would have liked to see him do at Souths), and play Douehi at fullback or centre. I believe Allan has the right skills to transition to 5/8, he won't be a Thurston or Cody Walker but I think he's got the right skills. Needs to develop a field-position kicking game but has shown he has a short kicking game in the opposition red zone.

If he leaves Souths, would like to see him at your team, would be a good fit, and for his current price, reasonable value. I'd hate to see him to go to the Broncos

I didnt think Allan was that good for souths, he just kept getting put in 2 on 1 situations through good work by his inside men. He didn’t create anything himself.

NSW coach Brad Fittler has left a bad taste in some mouths at the Wests Tigers with his comments about being “disillusioned” that the club let Ryan Papenhuyzen go in 2018.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports Tigers chair Lee Hagipantellis, who is also the owner of Brydens Lawyers — the Blues’ major sponsor — asked club officials to speak to Fittler and find out of he has an issue with the club.

Fittler hasn’t selected one Tigers player in his squad since he took over in 2018, even Dally M winger of the year David Nofoaluma missed the cut. He also took another jab at the club in August when he crticised the club for having an “identity crisis” and saying he finds it hard to “ever see the Wests Tigers ever becoming anyone of real strength” on Wide World of Sports’ Freddy and the Eighth.

Making the Hagipantelis’ frustration with the Blues even worse, the Herald reports Brydens Lawyers hasn’t heard anything from NSWRL CEO Dave Trodden since March.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...r/news-story/1bbf4dc26e6d5fa039ca58b6b951e139

Hilarious !

Tigerm

First Grade
Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire has verbally agreed to a two-year extension that will see him remain at the helm of the club until at least the end of 2023.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...g-maguire-two-more-years-20201101-p56ajk.html

Great news. I think we need the stability and I like the young signings Madge has been making
I think it’s good news, some players didn’t like his style, so be it and they are or will be gone by the end of next season. It’s not as if the team we had this year we’re setting the competition a light.
Something had to change, interesting he considered the possible Storm opportunity first though?
Looks like we are heading down the development road again, but looks like we have some good ones, so hopefully it works out for us, just the waiting for all this sucks.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I didnt think Allan was that good for souths, he just kept getting put in 2 on 1 situations through good work by his inside men. He didn’t create anything himself.
As I said, not in the sense of a Walker, or Keary or Thurston, but a couple of the tries we scored we his doing, one I think against the Rorters when he got into a gap on the right side, then put in a banana kick that landed in goal for one of the chasers coming through; another on a backline left shift where he double pumped and created space for his outside man, which led to a try in the corner; then the Penrith game where he scored one in the corner off a little kick out of nothing.

Look I'm not saying he's a star, but for his current money is good value, low risk/highet reward. He has his flaws: lack of speed over 40m, one on one last line defense tackling, kick return metres gained.

On our boards, he had a mixed reaction, some really really liked him, a few hated him - for the flaws mentioned.