What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
We don't usually get good press but that article is really positive towards us. It should be as well. We are handling our shit so much better.

Tigerm

First Grade
It looks like Edene Gebbie might still play for us after all.
On the other forum, "The Pom" who gets VERY good mail says that Gebbie will be with us for next year.
I can't recall Pom being wrong about recruitment.
Don't know what level of contract, but apparently he will be here.
He is a crazy hard, big and pretty quick outside back. Steps, fends or just runs straight over the top of them.

At this time of the year, we tend to get a bit excited for next year . . . wondering how the couple of new players will help the team. And every year, we think next year will be different and have our souls crushed by round 9.
But next year just might be different !
I understan
It looks like Edene Gebbie might still play for us after all.
On the other forum, "The Pom" who gets VERY good mail says that Gebbie will be with us for next year.
I can't recall Pom being wrong about recruitment.
Don't know what level of contract, but apparently he will be here.
He is a crazy hard, big and pretty quick outside back. Steps, fends or just runs straight over the top of them.

At this time of the year, we tend to get a bit excited for next year . . . wondering how the couple of new players will help the team. And every year, we think next year will be different and have our souls crushed by round 9.
But next year just might be different !
Edene GEBBIE 2019-2020 HIGHLIGHTS | South Sydney Rabbitohs - YouTube

I understand he will be on a train & trial deal with an opportunity to get a development contract at the end?

gordsy

Juniors
Gebbe looks like he goes alight in attach. Not much in the way of defense in that clip though....
Been reported Reynolds is off to hull as well.

I read as well that we are offering Cini for Laurie. Smart members of the forum what say you ??? R

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Reynolds' departure is a huge win for the club. I liked the guy and he genuinely tried to have a go whenever he took the field. But, Im happier that he is gone and also getting a good payday at his new club. After his issues over the last three years which were largely out of his control, he deserves a good run in the UK. Now to get lazy Packer out of the picture.

Tiger05

First Grade
It'll be interesting who we sign and how we manage our contracts going forward. We are in such a better position now though.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing Madge is set to officially sign a 2 year extension this week. With the news of Reynolds off the books and potentially Laurie arriving early I'm feeling a lot better about 2021.

Now we just need C Smith to re-sign to the Storm and H Grant staying with us forever

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm hearing Madge is set to officially sign a 2 year extension this week. With the news of Reynolds off the books and potentially Laurie arriving early I'm feeling a lot better about 2021.

Now we just need C Smith to re-sign to the Storm and H Grant staying with us forever
ATM, I am happy to see how Liddle or Simpkin go, Harry’s money could be used for a new 7, if the current bloke doesn’t shape up, he’s had enough time.

Tiger Ted

Bench
ATM, I am happy to see how Liddle or Simpkin go, Harry’s money could be used for a new 7, if the current bloke doesn’t shape up, he’s had enough time.
To quote the peerless Jack Gibson waiting for our 7 to shape up is like leaving the porch light on for Harold Holt.
We desperately need madden to rapidly cut the mustard in the NRL.

Reynolds' departure is a huge win for the club. I liked the guy and he genuinely tried to have a go whenever he took the field. But, Im happier that he is gone and also getting a good payday at his new club. After his issues over the last three years which were largely out of his control, he deserves a good run in the UK. Now to get lazy Packer out of the picture.

my rule of thumb with players like Reynolds - if their biggest asset is “competitiveness” it usually is code for tries hard but isn’t very good

super_coach

First Grade
Still need a top notch second rower. If nothing falls out of the sky, I would upgrade from within on a one year contract and have a real dig at some quality for the 2022 season

super_coach

First Grade
You would expect Packer might also be looking for a gig elsewhere because his contract value for beyond this year will go down the tube playing reserve grade. Shame ESL is not a option other than the French side due to a police record.

Vozzy

Juniors
If we still have spots to fill that can't be done with the current squad I think we should for now target young gun juniors. I think we should save most of the $500k for when we get rid of Packer as well then we can upgrade Nofo for 2022 and have a crack at someone like a Stephen Chrighton. Don't go for a Allen/Mansour. The only player who could be good is Cameron McInnes who could play a role like Wade Graham does for the sharks he probably would want more than $500k. I'm a bit over Garner we need someone who is consistent and could play hooker if Liddle Simpkins needed a break without wasting a bench spot on a back up hooker.

Tigerm

First Grade
Brandan Smith is trying to do a JAC. Apparently we haven't offered anything. I can understand.
Yes, N/A until 2022, but would be handy I think.
We seem to only offer what we think is his value, its up to him to decide. I hope we are doing that with every player who becomes available.