What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Or maybe turn the northern beaches into a safari zone. We can hunt manly sea eagle players with paint balls.

It would be great to hit dce in the back of the head with the sacred Tiger colours while he’s running away.

And he’s a player I f**king admire as well.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Manly's success is completely determined by the health and fitness of Turbo. He stays fit all year and they make the bottom 8 for sure...not gonna happen though, kid is injury prone as they come.

Bummer because he kills it in a blues Jersey

Reports on the Wests Tigers forum that Canterbury have signed Allan! Why? And of course why was it reported at 21:30hrs? His source is Channel 7. Very strange. Are we after Hoppa by any chance? If this is true are the Dogs employing The Roosters’ accountants?

Tigerm

First Grade
Reports on the Wests Tigers forum that Canterbury have signed Allan! Why? And of course why was it reported at 21:30hrs? His source is Channel 7. Very strange. Are we after Hoppa by any chance? If this is true are the Dogs employing The Roosters’ accountants?
Yeah they are certainly spending up, just not sure if the foundations are that solid though.

Not sure who we are chasing, the club plays it close to their chest these days, which is good, but hope we are on the lookout for a 1, 6, or 7. A couple of those would complete our upcoming season, imo.

Hopefully AD is practicing his GK at every opportunity.

Tiger05

First Grade
I saw the NRL Canterbury team for next year and honestly it looked pretty weak. They don't though have Burton and JAC in that list.

I like the Canterbury signings. They should improve a lot. It'll be interesting how they go though.

Our signings are considerably worse on paper but I think we are building with potential to improve over the next couple of years whereas the Dogs might not improve and even worse they may suffer another salary cap scandal.

I wonder how JAC is feeling now that The Dogs have signed yet another FB! How can they have so many and we have none! (Meaney, DWZ, Hoppa, JAC next year, and now Allan).

Vozzy

Juniors
Anyone know much about the Cowboys forward all I hear is potential is through the roof probably just needs a chance. I didn't think it was worth a full article on foxsports. There wasn't one on Kane Bradley going to Cowboys other than like 1 line in the article I'm talking about. Looks like now we are signing experienced players on cheaper 1-2 year contracts and younger guys on 3 year contracts so I think going forward they have worked out the right Formula.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Anyone know much about the Cowboys forward all I hear is potential is through the roof probably just needs a chance. I didn't think it was worth a full article on foxsports. There wasn't one on Kane Bradley going to Cowboys other than like 1 line in the article I'm talking about. Looks like now we are signing experienced players on cheaper 1-2 year contracts and younger guys on 3 year contracts so I think going forward they have worked out the right Formula.
Tukimihia Simpkins is the guy.

I am happy for the club to take a punt on this but I will say I am a bit concerned that we are offering a 3 year NRL top 30 contract to a bloke who seemingly has not played too much RL? He seemed to have plenty of wraps when the Cowboys signed him at the end of 2019 (quotes from Townsville bulletin article Sept 19 below) but he has not played any footy in their junior grades on the back of COVID in 2020.

If anyone has any highlights of this guy it would be great to see something.

Cheers

HE IS the towering teenager that has turned heads across the ditch and now Kiwi young gun Tukimihia Simpkins will get a chance to do it in the NRL.

The 17-year-old monster has been on the Cowboys radar for several years, and was upgraded to a first grade contract earlier this week.

He is expected to land in Townsville in November to begin pre-season training with the first grade squad under coach Paul Green.

But Cowboys director of football Peter Parr told the Townsville Bulletin the club did not want to heap the pressure on the young firebrand as he prepares to face a steep league learning curve.

The Rotorua Boys High School student was spotted by Cowboys recruitment manager Clint Zammit during the New Zealand under-15s National Championships three years ago, and offered a contract soon after.

“(Simpkins) has excelled at both rugby union and rugby league,” Parr said. “Clint saw him over in New Zealand. He was really impressed with what he produced, we thought he had a brilliant future.

“We worked really hard to attract him to us, I know Clint has always had a really big wrap on Tuki. Right from when he came back from New Zealand (that first time), he was glowing about how he played.

“He will be here in November to take up his dream. Despite the fact that he is in the top 30 squad, we will take it easy on him. We don’t want to place too much expectation on him, we don’t want to put undue pressure on him.

“It is a big move coming across to Townsville and he has a big learning curve ahead of him. We will take it step by step with him.”

A junior rugby sensation, the Cowboys had to fight off several high-profile Super Rugby clubs and
NRL rivals to secure the teenager’s signature.

He has since represented his country at schoolboy level in both rugby union and rugby league, while also travelling to Australia to participate in Cowboys elite development camps.

He pulled on the Cowboys jersey earlier this year as part of the junior development squad which took on Gold Coast Titans at CBUS Super Stadium in June.

Parr said he expected senior members in the Cowboys squad, including Jason Taumalolo who made a similar move to Townsville to chase his dream, would be quick to take Simpkins under their wings.

“Our belief is that he has all the skill to become a really good NRL player but we all know talent will only take you so far,” Parr said.

“He needs to do all the right things with his training and preparation. The professionalism, routines, diet and training structures. That will be a learning curve for him.

“Our senior players have a great record of looking after young players. Look at the way Frank Molo has only improved over the last year or so. I would expect he will have some really good role models here to learn from.

“(Simpkins) looks very impressive in everything he does but this is going to be a whole new world for him. Training all the time, competing day in and day out with NRL players.

“We are excited about his potential but we have to make sure the expectation is not too high on him.”

Das Hassler

Bench
In my few posts on Mitchell Pearce i accidently spelled his name incorrectly....unintentionally disrespectful ....his dad Wayne was one of my alltime favorite Balmain Tigers so no excuse beyond getting older and tireder...and on that. . being the son of one of the greats of the game that you're trying to carve your own name into cannot be easy but that's how it often goes if you choose to follow your dad's path.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
According to the Panther’s forum SMH saying Mansour is going to Souths. Why would Souths release Allan to then sign Mansour?
Allen is pretty terrible on the wing, he is one of those rare players where he is a fullback and nothing else. I am guessing they see Mansour as slotting into the wing spot and have enough cover at FB with Mitchell and AJ

Mario chalmers

Juniors
starts for NZ schools in the Number 13.

@stryker will be happy that my Corey Allen and Mansour seem spoken for. If only because it shuts me up about them.

Penrith now have to pay in some readies to offload Mansour....

They are really “jumping the smug” over there these days.

stryker

First Grade
In my few posts on Mitchell Pearce i accidently spelled his name incorrectly....unintentionally disrespectful ....his dad Wayne was one of my alltime favorite Balmain Tigers so no excuse beyond getting older and tireder...and on that. . being the son of one of the greats of the game that you're trying to carve your own name into cannot be easy but that's how it often goes if you choose to follow your dad's path.
Maybe he should try and emulate his old man. I mean the path he has forged is covered with broken glass and sewerage.

You can tell it’s a slow preseason when stuff like this is put together. Sporting News really went all out in fact checking and updating this -each sides most important positional battle. For the Tigers it’s our 5/8 battle between Josh Reynolds and Billy Walters! How long ago did Reynolds leave? Isn’t Walters looking close to a mid season return? No mention of AD! Why bother to print that!