1. Round 6 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 6 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

It's time for the NRL to take concussion more seriously. A look at recent events and what rules need changing. We talk to Adam O'Brien on how Newcastle plan to respond after last week's big loss to the Titans, and there's a special tribute to retiring North Queensland half Michael Morgan. As always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 6 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

Yo Tigers,

Will Shawn Blore get much game time this season? I’m thinking he might be a handy Super Coach pick up.

Thoughts?

2. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I think he will get plenty of game time. I think we are hoping he will turn into a top forward.

He also could get injured and not perform but I think it's a decent low cost bet.

Luke Bowden likes this.
  3. Speedy Gonzales

Speedy Gonzales Juniors

Out of all the promising juniors we have he’s probably the highest rated out of all them. Garner probably has a few rounds to impress otherwise Blore is breathing down his neck for that starting 2nd row position

would not surprise me to see him get a bench spot round 1, but there’s rumours doing the rounds he broke his wrist at training ? And is out till round 3-4 worst case scenario

(Note: most rated, he could still very well be a flop)

Luke Bowden likes this.
  4. Speedy Gonzales

Speedy Gonzales Juniors

Hard to argue, making top 8 is generally a measure of success when it comes to the media / your average NRL fan

personally I would call a successful season a top 4 finish. But for us and where we are at, just making the top 8 would be good enough, even if we bundled out in weeks 1 or 2

Tigerm likes this.
  5. Luke Bowden

Luke Bowden Bench

Cheers lads.

Good luck this year

Crazyperpman and Tiger05 like this.
  6. super_coach

super_coach First Grade

When you have not made the top eight in a 16 team comp for a bloody long time, to finish 8th would be bender time. Sure top four or five would be a pass mark for most clubs, but for our mob to finish dirty 8th would have Madge and the boys into the flag ale.

Seriously 8th is minimum requirement and anything above is a bonus. Expectations of top four are a couple of years away, but after 2005, never say never

Shredder, macnaz and Tigerm like this.
  7. Hoofhearted

Hoofhearted Juniors

https://www.nospam21.com/jackson-hastings-linked-to-nrl-return-via-sydney-club-2021-98366/

Jackson Hastings linked to Wests Tigers
    Would this be a good fit? :thinking:
    [​IMG]
    BY
    BEN COTTON
    -
    EDITOR IN CHIEF
    FEBRUARY 2, 2021

Wigan Warriors halfback and former NRL player Jackson Hastings has been linked to the Wests Tigers.

Nine’s The Mole reports that the 25-year old could return to the NRL to play for the Tigers when his Super League contract is over.

Hastings crossed from the Salford Red Devils to Wigan on a two-year deal ahead of the 2020 Super League season and there have been talks that he could seek an early release from his contract to return to the NRL.

The former Rooster and Sea Eagle has been back in Australia during the off-season, further fuelling suggestions of a possible NRL return.

Hastings admitted to Sky Sports in November he was unsure where he would be playing in 2021.

“I’m not sure, honestly,” he said.

“I wanted to get this game out of the way, this game was really important to me.

“I probably would have put it aside again if we had lost because we would have had to play next week.

“I’ve got some deep thinking to do. I think I know what I want to do, I think I know what my heart is telling me to do.

“I’ll probably FaceTime my agent tonight, then FaceTime my mum, my step-dad, the rest of my family and get a gauge of what they think is best for me and my future. Hopefully by the start of next week I’ll come to a decision.”

However, The Mole reports that Hastings will see out the final year of his deal.

With the Tigers losing two veteran playmakers in Benji Marshall and Josh Reynolds, The Mole believes they could be at the front of the queue if the 2019 Man of Steel becomes available.

Hastings played 47 first-grade NRL games from 2014-2018.

Tigerm likes this.
  8. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

macnaz and WA Tiger like this.
  9. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  10. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Double delete

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  11. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Apparently Ch7 reporting that Sam Burgess has been arrested for drug and driving charges, I think he’s done, if it proves true.

12. stryker

stryker Bench

Deport the fat headed merkin.
    f**ken drug taking scum

13. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom First Grade

Wait for the results Ffs.

Could be a contamination not an deliberate ingestion.

Sydney is full of the shite, it’s all over notes etc.

He was picking up his kids. If he was snorting, lucky he was detected.

14. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Burgess sounds like a complete moron.

15. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

16. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

17. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

NRL 2021: Ryan Matterson linked to Bulldogs, Parramatta Eels, Joey Manu to Warriors, play fullback, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacement, Cowboys, Tom Dearden | Fox Sports

BARRETT EYES NEXT TARGET

The Bulldogs are not done with their signing spree with new coach Trent Barrett keeping tabs on the player market as he continues to build his pack.

Next on his hit list is Eels star Ryan Matterson, according to Wide World of Sports.

Matterson has an option to stay at Parramatta in his favour for 2022 but WWOS says the 26-year-old is keen to play with his younger brother, Dean, who is signed to the Mounties.

Hahaha.

macnaz and The Rosco like this.
  18. The Rosco

The Rosco Juniors

. . . No.
    Ryan Matterson is a shining example of honour, dignity and humanity.
    I hear that UNICEF is going to use a photo of Ryan on this year's print run of collection boxes, such is his universal appeal.
    I'm going to pee my pants listening to the pawwa fans screaming blue murder when Flatterson the cat leaves them for a $100 higher offer from the dogs.
    Rhyno, let's take stock here.
    Parra fans hate you and disown you.
    WT fans hate you.
    Do you see the pattern emerging ?

19. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Belmore's always felt like home to me ... LOL.

Speedy Gonzales likes this.
  20. super_coach

super_coach First Grade

Matto, bible in one hand and a dagger in the other. Must be a hell of a bloke to play with, when you are going through preseason grind he is sniffing around for more money and a new club.
    I know the game is all about doing the best for yourself, but this bloke takes it to another level.