What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yep but not the way it happened.

The thing with Kepaoa is that he is big and fast. Clearly we can do better but I wouldn't be surprised is Kepaoa comes back. I think Talau is in a similar position. Talau looks good but he has flaws in his game at this point.
Talau lacks pace plus makes poor reads in defence which is par for the course for outside backs at concord.Kepaoa is shithouse.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think from what i have seen Naden would be a huge upgrade on your young winger Kepeoa. I don't like knocking youngsters but he he was very ordinary on the weekend and while Naden is not perfect he would be a massive upgrade pure and simple. He’s got all the attributes, quick, skilful, elusive, strong, strong in defence even if capable of some poor reads at times and is a try scorer. Given he is not on huge dollars he really does offer great value for money in an inflated market. As i have said i will be pissed off if we let him leave this season, even if he may have to look elsewhere beyond 2021.
Naden would b an upgrade on our entire 3/4 line.Re poor defensive reads he will be in good company at WT

Tiger05

First Grade
Talau lacks pace plus makes poor reads in defence which is par for the course for outside backs at concord.Kepaoa is shithouse.

Kepaoa is young and inexperienced but he is also fast and big. He got a lot of metres on the weekend. The problem is that kick on the 3rd was so bad.

Talau to me looks like he could be a good centre but poor reads in defense aren't really acceptable especially in the centres.

Mbye is a good defender though.

WA Tiger

Bench
Dont we have a quota on drug addicts.

Anyway why is Burton going to dogs under Baz, they are no-hopers. waste of a career, we at least show glimpses of potential better days ahead. Dogs we'll give you our delicious Luke Brooks for your crummy old Matt Burton.
An addict cap haha
Because of Bazz prob

WA Tiger

Bench
I watched that Raiders Warriors game for the first time last night and seriously that game would have sent any person who was the coach of the Raiders over the edge...Ricky recovered ok considering he KNEW he had the game won on more than one occasion, and then that finish with the possible forward pass and then the save by RTS

That contentious pass from Nikorima that helped win the game for the Warriors was forward but the number of times Ive seen those clutch play passes that are ok and called forward, I think is a bigger problem.

I think just as knock on’s are now called for basically any dropped ball weather forward or not, so should these passes that the refs not sure of be given the benefit of the doubt.

Some of the plays with good passes called forward in the past could easily and legitimately make a highlight reel, but can’t coz it was called forward coz of indecision from the ref, and that’s the last time we see that play

Some of those plays that are scrubbed out are really why we watch the game ..The Perfect plays that are called back by mistake

.....Peranara called it ok..after I think the linesman called it forward..Gutsy

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Kepaoa is young and inexperienced but he is also fast and big. He got a lot of metres on the weekend. The problem is that kick on the 3rd was so bad.

That kick is the least of his problems...go through any of the handful of games he's played for us and try and find just ONE time where he attempts to chase anyone down or fights to recover a dropped ball. ..a zero urgency attitude is his problem and that shows up in attack and defence...he's the polar opposite of Cory Thompson. It can probably be fixed but it should be fixed in reserve grade. ..he flat out doesn't deserve his spot with that slackarse attitude at this early stage of his career

WA Tiger

Bench
That reminds me ..That great infield kick to team mates from Rapana when running down the left sideline (that resulted in a try I think) was identical to Kepa’s infield kick ...I mean how old do you have to be before you learn how to do that kick ...For some players when the pressure hits they attack it and nail it..he’s the opposite..

Last edited:

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

Most of those poor defensive reads I’ve noticed started from the markers not closing the gap. I like Talau and think he can grow into the role, and he certainly tries his guts out. Certainly leaves AJ and BJ for dead in effort areas

Tiger Ted

Bench
That kick is the least of his problems...go through any of the handful of games he's played for us and try and find just ONE time where he attempts to chase anyone down or fights to recover a dropped ball. ..a zero urgency attitude is his problem and that shows up in attack and defence...he's the polar opposite of Cory Thompson. It can probably be fixed but it should be fixed in reserve grade. ..he flat out doesn't deserve his spot with that slackarse attitude at this early stage of his career
As I keep saying & don’t wish to be callous or premature in my criticism of kepaoa but he is deadset shithouse & like u said he doesn’t deserve his spot.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Most of those poor defensive reads I’ve noticed started from the markers not closing the gap. I like Talau and think he can grow into the role, and he certainly tries his guts out. Certainly leaves AJ and BJ for dead in effort areas
I’m also a fan of Tommy.This kid has much upside & can certainly develop into a very solid 1st grader.Conversely I have no confidence in kepaoa & I don’t want him anywhere near our top 17 coz I’m eager for us to make the 8 on a regular basis & kepaoa like BJ Mbye & brooks r all reserve graders & are roadblocks re aspirations to make the 8.

Naden rumours persist.

Fox reports we want the balance of the year plus offering at least a further year as his contracts up this year.

Hes grossly underpaid and given the fracas and dispute with the Cleary dictatorship ( along with his grand final abuse), we may be in with a good chance.

He makes Laurie look like a park footballer.

gordsy

Juniors
Naden would b an upgrade on our entire 3/4 line.Re poor defensive reads he will be in good company at WT
I get that line of thinking but this is where fans and the club go wrong imo. We sign a guy isn't as shit as the last guy we got rid of. Who cares if he's lazy, moron as long as he's not the last guy.

Pezz70

Juniors
Great. Another drug addict f**kwit with mental problems.
He is a definite no go. He was at the Raiders as a young bloke and a couple
Of young blokes who played with have told me a couple of stories that make me believe he is very high risk. His suspension was a joke and sends the wrong signal to young blokes playing footy. He should’ve got the same as Xerri. Both drugs are illegal and there should be no place for any of it in the game. Drugs destroy morale, they destroy lives, I’ve seen too many good kids turned to shitheads because of drugs.