What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Moses Mbye wants out, there’s dramas dramas at the Tigers. I’d say Tigers are hunting for Reynolds

This was inevitable. Everyone knows there is no point to him playing on here. He should take a reduced price, longer term contract somewhere else and try to get back to his best as a center or fullback

stryker

First Grade
We dodged a bullet when Moses Suli decided to move on from the WT, watching him on Foxtel leaking tries for Manly today, he virtually is a carbon copy of BJ and his lazy defence.
He was one of our worst gambles in 2 decades.
Paying school boys massive salaries when they are unproven really shits me.
He did us a huge favour leaving and yes we dodged a bullet, but we deserved to bleed for the putrid decision to sign him as we did. We got lucky.

stryker

First Grade
He is a definite no go. He was at the Raiders as a young bloke and a couple
Of young blokes who played with have told me a couple of stories that make me believe he is very high risk. His suspension was a joke and sends the wrong signal to young blokes playing footy. He should’ve got the same as Xerri. Both drugs are illegal and there should be no place for any of it in the game. Drugs destroy morale, they destroy lives, I’ve seen too many good kids turned to shitheads because of drugs.
100% agree.
I’m surprised the Penrith boys didn’t stomp him out for what he did on GF eve.
Do not want him here.

Hopefully Mbye finds another club. Would just leave us with Packer from the spuds Cleary signed on huge wages. Packer, Reynolds, Mbye, Lolohea, Matulino, deadset the bloke must have thought it was 2013. Would hope of frees up enough cash to have a swipe at a top half - Adam Reynolds would do nicely.

stryker

First Grade
Hopefully Mbye finds another club. Would just leave us with Packer from the spuds Cleary signed on huge wages. Packer, Reynolds, Mbye, Lolohea, Matulino, deadset the bloke must have thought it was 2013. Would hope of frees up enough cash to have a swipe at a top half - Adam Reynolds would do nicely.
Forgot about Lolohea hahaha he went well.

Shame to lose Mbye just when he was coming home for good but that’s life.

As for Nado on the drugs, blokes likes Roberts etc would be a good influence and he can make a fresh start with blokes who have done it before.

He’s a massive massive talent.

axl rose

Bench
He was one of our worst gambles in 2 decades.
Paying school boys massive salaries when they are unproven really shits me.
He did us a huge favour leaving and yes we dodged a bullet, but we deserved to bleed for the putrid decision to sign him as we did. We got lucky.
Storm made him a massive offer so they panicked a bit. He killed it for Manly in a semi final, I think against Souths. Nothing since.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think offering contracts to players like Naden is a smart play for clubs trying to break into top 8.

The logic being we can offer them a contract full of contingencies in our favour. If he doesn't work out then no real harm to cap or long term plans. However, if he gets his act together and performs above and beyond, then there is also the loyalty factor where he may feel he "owes the club" for giving him a chance when other wouldn't. This is a very strong bargaining chip for the club when it comes time to offer them the longer term deal

IMO it can ironically be a safer option than signing talented players on the rise who demand longer contracts with no contingencies. If their form drops its lengthy periods of wasted cap space, or if they break out into a superstar they will be tempted to bail if we don't make finals.

Once our club is safely making finals and trying to break into Top 4 then it's not really worth it as every cap dollar needs to be very carefully spent in specific positions needed etc

the Sydney Morning Herald reports Mbye sought the blessing of the Tigers to look at alternative options in 2022.
Mbye told the Herald that he is open to a switch for 2022, saying it could be a "win-win" situation for everyone involved.
"Let's be brutally honest, I don't think the club would be thrilled that their marquee player is being used off the bench for half an hour a week," Mbye told the Herald.

"I'm not ashamed to admit that the club is not getting value for money out of me. I have a big opinion of the club and want to be part of its success. It's why I have no intention of leaving this year or leaving the club in a hole.

"But I know this opportunity can benefit the club as well as myself and it may work out a win-win situation for both parties. I get the opportunity to look around and find a club that wants me to play more minutes, and potentially even another year on top of my deal."
It says a lot about the man, IMO

Pezz70

Juniors
I think offering contracts to players like Naden is a smart play for clubs trying to break into top 8.

The logic being we can offer them a contract full of contingencies in our favour. If he doesn't work out then no real harm to cap or long term plans. However, if he gets his act together and performs above and beyond, then there is also the loyalty factor where he may feel he "owes the club" for giving him a chance when other wouldn't. This is a very strong bargaining chip for the club when it comes time to offer them the longer term deal

IMO it can ironically be a safer option than signing talented players on the rise who demand longer contracts with no contingencies. If their form drops its lengthy periods of wasted cap space, or if they break out into a superstar they will be tempted to bail if we don't make finals.

Once our club is safely making finals and trying to break into Top 4 then it's not really worth it as every cap dollar needs to be very carefully spent in specific positions needed etc

It’s a dumb play you don’t need blokes like this at your club no matter how talented they have a habit of bringing down the players around them. Toxic.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
I'm saving private rhyno some time by typing his post:
"Weststigers should be ashamed of themselves. What a rabble of a club.
They are forcing poor Mbye out the door. What a great incentive for a player . . . captain one year, get out the next.
First Moses, then Matterson, Reynolds, their number 1 son Benji, and now Moses Mbye.
I'm so glad I follow a club of honour, respect, appreciation and of course wooden spoons.
I think that's where the tigpies are lacking. Their re-builds come from mid table. No no no.
If you're gonna do a re-build, you have to start from the bottom. That way, you appreciate the difference more.
That's how Parra does it. Come last ?, re-build. Come last again . . . re-build once more.
Wooden spoon again ? . . . use all that re-building experience and do a slap up job this time".

stryker

First Grade
I'm saving private rhyno some time by typing his post:
"Weststigers should be ashamed of themselves. What a rabble of a club.
They are forcing poor Mbye out the door. What a great incentive for a player . . . captain one year, get out the next.
First Moses, then Matterson, Reynolds, their number 1 son Benji, and now Moses Mbye.
I'm so glad I follow a club of honour, respect, appreciation and of course wooden spoons.
I think that's where the tigpies are lacking. Their re-builds come from mid table. No no no.
If you're gonna do a re-build, you have to start from the bottom. That way, you appreciate the difference more.
That's how Parra does it. Come last ?, re-build. Come last again . . . re-build once more.
Wooden spoon again ? . . . use all that re-building experience and do a slap up job this time".
Stole his thunder lol

WA Tiger

Bench
I watched that Raiders Warriors game for the first time last night and seriously that game would have sent any person who was the coach of the Raiders over the edge...Ricky recovered ok considering he KNEW he had the game won on more than one occasion, and then that finish with the possible forward pass and then the save by RTS

That contentious pass from Nikorima that helped win the game for the Warriors was forward but the number of times Ive seen those clutch play passes that are ok and called forward, I think is a bigger problem.

I think just as knock on’s are now called for basically any dropped ball weather forward or not, so should these passes that the refs not sure of be given the benefit of the doubt.

Some of the plays with good passes called forward in the past could easily and legitimately make a highlight reel, but can’t coz it was called forward coz of indecision from the ref, and that’s the last time we see that play

Some of those plays that are scrubbed out are really why we watch the game ..The Perfect plays that are called back by mistake

.....Peranara called it ok..after I think the linesman called it forward..Gutsy
And now Peranara has been demoted for this weeks game because of that ok pass decision from Nikorima towards the end of the game ..Is that for Ricky’s sake. The problem now is ALL the passes that are line ball which is all of them where the ref is at the wrong angle or the touch judge is unsure (let’s face it, the majority have no clue) will be called forward because of their fear of being demoted, even the good ones, never mind the great plays that are called back for no reason and could have won the game..personally I can’t think of anything worse

They have made this demotion decision as if this is a one off mistake by a ref ..in fact it has been ongoing from all the refs

The sooner the forward pass technology arrives the better

Last edited: