What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Rhyno

First Grade
I'm saving private rhyno some time by typing his post:
"Weststigers should be ashamed of themselves. What a rabble of a club.
They are forcing poor Mbye out the door. What a great incentive for a player . . . captain one year, get out the next.
First Moses, then Matterson, Reynolds, their number 1 son Benji, and now Moses Mbye.
I'm so glad I follow a club of honour, respect, appreciation and of course wooden spoons.
I think that's where the tigpies are lacking. Their re-builds come from mid table. No no no.
If you're gonna do a re-build, you have to start from the bottom. That way, you appreciate the difference more.
That's how Parra does it. Come last ?, re-build. Come last again . . . re-build once more.
Wooden spoon again ? . . . use all that re-building experience and do a slap up job this time".
Brooks and Mbye would both excel at another club

even cooper Cronk wouldn’t be able to lead this club to the semis

The Rosco

Bench
Brooks and Mbye would both excel at another club

even cooper Cronk wouldn’t be able to lead this club to the semis
There's this really good song that I'm trying to think of the title.
Midnight Oil sang it.
That's it ! . . . Short Memory.
Great track.
It goes " Short memory must have a . . . shor--orr-oort memory."
Great track.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
ET tried hard bur he was a plodder in our system. The constant playing him at hooker was awful for us and did nothing to hel him either. Maybe if he was in a team like Souths when they had that huge pack with all the Burg-Grubs then he would have excelled.

Last edited:
Talks are breaking down at Souths. Special Souths r&r meeting. They won’t meet his reasonable demands.

B0C88454-A6B2-44B1-B9BB-291B555CC454.jpeg
Dear God etc, please deliver Adam unto us.

Harto, please get Madge to pick up the phone by f**king gunpoint if necessary.

Mr Spock!

Referee
He was one of our worst gambles in 2 decades.
Paying school boys massive salaries when they are unproven really shits me.
He did us a huge favour leaving and yes we dodged a bullet, but we deserved to bleed for the putrid decision to sign him as we did. We got lucky.
I never understood what you guys saw in him.

To think who you've let go to keep this pretender.

From his latest comments he should return his contract money.

Tigerm

First Grade
Us and a few other clubs are being linked to Reynolds and Milford? We also got another mention about Hastings, fascinating to see what happens.

Fordy20

Juniors
Us and a few other clubs are being linked to Reynolds and Milford? We also got another mention about Hastings, fascinating to see what happens.

Clune headed to the Cowboys now and Clifford off to the Knights as well. I wonder if we are in the running? Given how dire our centre depth is now, I wonder if we're considering moving AD back to centre, Brooks to 5/8 to bring in Reynolds for a few years.

Tigerm

First Grade
Clune headed to the Cowboys now and Clifford off to the Knights as well. I wonder if we are in the running? Given how dire our centre depth is now, I wonder if we're considering moving AD back to centre, Brooks to 5/8 to bring in Reynolds for a few years.
If memory serves me correct, we still need 2 more, hopefully get them signed so we can kickstart our campaign?

Tigerm

First Grade
Another half coming on line.

“They [the Sharks] are taking their time with Shaun because he’s obviously got that Achilles injury,” he said onTriple M’s Rush Hour.

“They want to see him come back and play some footy. It hasn’t stopped his agent from going to market and asking around whether other clubs would be interested in Shaun.

“I can tell you what the asking price is - two years, $1.6 million for Shaun Johnson.”

Rugby league legend Mark Geyer weighed in, admitting there will be some “nibbles” but said he would not pay that much for Johnson given he is coming off such a serious injury.

cerberus

Coach
I never understood what you guys saw in him.

To think who you've let go to keep this pretender.

From his latest comments he should return his contract money.

it's our tigers super power is signing players found in a dumpster for top dollar

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
No rumours but guys I would really like us to target for next year, all are off contract:

Lock
Dale Finnucane: it was reported that his manager is asking for a 4 year deal. He’s 30 this year so obviously that’s unrealistic. I wouldn’t go all out for him but to me he’s exactly what we need. Tough, professional, great defender and a proven winner

Isaac Liu: Not a priority and this would be if we couldn’t get Finnucane. Seriously under rated forward. Is a rock in defence and has great footwork at the line. Is 29 and wouldn’t cost the earth.

Right Second Row

Jaydn Sua: Right edge forward who is looking likely to be squeezed out at Souths. Hits like a truck and is continuing to improve in attack. Still only 23

Kurt Capewell: Now played for QLD and in a Grand Final. Consistently finds the try line and a very solid defender. 27 so right in his prime

Wing/Center

Phil Sami: Lightning quick and brings the ball out well. Would be great to slot in at left wing

Dane Gagai: yes yes I know, guy isn’t great at club level. However honestly his last 12 months have been very good. Can play center or wing so gives some versatility. At the right price he’d be a decent get

Edrick Lee: This guy always seems to carve us up. How good would it be having a 6’5 target on the left wing? I’m all for it

Will Hopoate: Bit left field but honestly he’s still playing decent footy. Been around forever yet is only 28. One of the better defensive centers and still offers enough to be a threat in attack. Again at the right price he wouldn’t be a bad option

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gagai on a reduced contract wouldn't be a bad idea. I can't believe I'm even stating that now.

Yeah he’s got that stigma to him, however his last 12 months have probably been his best at club level. Apparently the club view Hoffman and Talau as our long term center combo, maybe even from as early as next year, so having experienced wingers outside them in Nofa and Gagai wouldn’t be the worst idea