What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah he’s got that stigma to him, however his last 12 months have probably been his best at club level. Apparently the club view Hoffman and Talau as our long term center combo, maybe even from as early as next year, so having experienced wingers outside them in Nofa and Gagai wouldn’t be the worst idea

He has been pretty good hasn't he. The problem is will he slow down. He might also prefer centre.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah he’s got that stigma to him, however his last 12 months have probably been his best at club level. Apparently the club view Hoffman and Talau as our long term center combo, maybe even from as early as next year, so having experienced wingers outside them in Nofa and Gagai wouldn’t be the worst idea
Hoffman & Talau r both good kids with ability to do a competent job in the NRL.My only concern is neither seems to be quick & IMO there’s no compromise for pace in the 3/4’s.We’ve had more than our fair share of slugs in the 3/4’s over the yrs.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...o-coach-cronulla-in-2022-20210411-p57i82.html

Cronulla have given Morris the boot.
I’d take a look at him if we lose today and Cronulla win against top teams coming up

ofcourse we won’t lose today tho

be interesting to see if there’s any fallout from the the players who were backing Morris heavily although u wouldn’t expect it with Fitzgibbon coming in

Yeah I don’t think Morris is the worst coach out there given his roster.

We could do worse than sign him up as Assistant Madge.

WA Tiger

Bench
Hoffman & Talau r both good kids with ability to do a competent job in the NRL.My only concern is neither seems to be quick & IMO there’s no compromise for pace in the 3/4’s.We’ve had more than our fair share of slugs in the 3/4’s over the yrs.
Don’t worry Ted the Talau part isn’t going to happen..as for Hoffman if I could take a look at him in the top grade I’d have an opinion

WA Tiger

Bench
Yeah I don’t think Morris is the worst coach out there given his roster.

We could do worse than sign him up as Assistant Madge.
Or the other way around...Well I mean Madge has to work right...don’t know how madges will go not having the final say and having to discuss things tho not great I suspect

Anyway Morris is a Leo..Hence the easy communications with all his players ..and why he needs to be the boss

Last edited:
No rumours but guys I would really like us to target for next year, all are off contract:

Lock
Dale Finnucane: it was reported that his manager is asking for a 4 year deal. He’s 30 this year so obviously that’s unrealistic. I wouldn’t go all out for him but to me he’s exactly what we need. Tough, professional, great defender and a proven winner

Isaac Liu: Not a priority and this would be if we couldn’t get Finnucane. Seriously under rated forward. Is a rock in defence and has great footwork at the line. Is 29 and wouldn’t cost the earth.

Right Second Row

Jaydn Sua: Right edge forward who is looking likely to be squeezed out at Souths. Hits like a truck and is continuing to improve in attack. Still only 23

Kurt Capewell: Now played for QLD and in a Grand Final. Consistently finds the try line and a very solid defender. 27 so right in his prime

Wing/Center

Phil Sami: Lightning quick and brings the ball out well. Would be great to slot in at left wing

Dane Gagai: yes yes I know, guy isn’t great at club level. However honestly his last 12 months have been very good. Can play center or wing so gives some versatility. At the right price he’d be a decent get

Edrick Lee: This guy always seems to carve us up. How good would it be having a 6’5 target on the left wing? I’m all for it

Will Hopoate: Bit left field but honestly he’s still playing decent footy. Been around forever yet is only 28. One of the better defensive centers and still offers enough to be a threat in attack. Again at the right price he wouldn’t be a bad option

Some good nominees, well done. I like finucane, gags and Sua.

Adam Reynolds even more so, he’s in top 1% of all nrl players at the moment and even during his twylight, he’s going to go out top 10%.

Great value 3 years at 650 he allegedly wants.

Or the other way around...Well I mean Madge has to work right...don’t know how madges will go not having the final say and having to discuss things tho not great I suspect

Anyway Morris is a Leo..Hence the easy communications with all his players ..and why he needs to be the boss

Madge must be a Scorpio or something.

Perhaps Harto should be recruiting players per star signs.

I prefer the ouija board myself.

One for our brother @The Rosco from the shed:

Pascoe and Lee up late one night at Concord;

Pascoe:

“ Mighty spirit of the corner post, i calleth thee....

“ Oh league gods, how do we sign Renno?

And Lee’s hands moves on the beer glass ( half full) with the spelling:

f........u.........&.......!.......y........o.........u.

And

g.....e.......t.......a........haircut......l.....e.....e

And

no......$57......50 it’s the devils work and

M...o....r.....r.....

Then Lee spills the beer and the summoning is over.

stryker

First Grade

Pascoe:

And

And

M...o....r.....r.....

you back on the horse again?

WA Tiger

Bench

Pascoe:

And

And

M...o....r.....r.....

Ok who encouraged STP to believe he was good at this

No rumours but guys I would really like us to target for next year, all are off contract:

Lock
Dale Finnucane: it was reported that his manager is asking for a 4 year deal. He’s 30 this year so obviously that’s unrealistic. I wouldn’t go all out for him but to me he’s exactly what we need. Tough, professional, great defender and a proven winner

Isaac Liu: Not a priority and this would be if we couldn’t get Finnucane. Seriously under rated forward. Is a rock in defence and has great footwork at the line. Is 29 and wouldn’t cost the earth.

Right Second Row

Jaydn Sua: Right edge forward who is looking likely to be squeezed out at Souths. Hits like a truck and is continuing to improve in attack. Still only 23

Kurt Capewell: Now played for QLD and in a Grand Final. Consistently finds the try line and a very solid defender. 27 so right in his prime

Wing/Center

Phil Sami: Lightning quick and brings the ball out well. Would be great to slot in at left wing

Dane Gagai: yes yes I know, guy isn’t great at club level. However honestly his last 12 months have been very good. Can play center or wing so gives some versatility. At the right price he’d be a decent get

Edrick Lee: This guy always seems to carve us up. How good would it be having a 6’5 target on the left wing? I’m all for it

Will Hopoate: Bit left field but honestly he’s still playing decent footy. Been around forever yet is only 28. One of the better defensive centers and still offers enough to be a threat in attack. Again at the right price he wouldn’t be a bad option

Yeah I would have liked Finucane before he went to Melbourne. Would go Su'a over Capewell. I think we would ruin Capewell, he's doing well in a good system. Would be good to have a bite at Chricton too.

Has Billy Smith resigned with Easts?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Maguire would veto any suggestion of Morris being approached to be an assistant,
IMO Maguire won’t see out the season.

Tiger05

First Grade
Maguire would veto any suggestion of Morris being approached to be an assistant,
IMO Maguire won’t see out the season.

The thing with Maguire is that he is leaving the club in a better position compared to when he got here. I hope he finishes his contract at the very least.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We will finish in bottom half of the table for the 3rd yr in a row under maguires tutelage.We have clearly regressed each season over the 3 yrs.There’s no sign of improvement & the fact our defence is so timid under a coach who is known to put his imprint on his teams D & on their resilience is a blight on his coaching.

Do u seriously think it’s good business to continue with a coach who fails 3 yrs in succession to make the 8 & who can’t get the team up on a significant day at LO as was last Sunday against a team of no-names ?

Tigerm

First Grade
We will finish in bottom half of the table for the 3rd yr in a row under maguires tutelage.We have clearly regressed each season over the 3 yrs.There’s no sign of improvement & the fact our defence is so timid under a coach who is known to put his imprint on his teams D & on their resilience is a blight on his coaching.

Do u seriously think it’s good business to continue with a coach who fails 3 yrs in succession to make the 8 & who can’t get the team up on a significant day at LO as was last Sunday against a team of no-names ?
Understand your point, but to be fair to him, he hasn’t failed 3 yrs in a row yet?
It’s only R 6 coming up, anything can happen.
Also I don’t think it’s good business to keep sacking coaches either. Who will want to come, if this happens?
TBH I blame a lot of this mess on the players, surely they know how to tackle and pass? I think both Nofo and Robert’s are damn lucky to be playing this week? I would hazard the only thing that saved them was lack of depth.

Latest posts