1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Bench

I wonder if Madge training them too hard is responsible for their slow starts to games? Was listening to a podcast and former players have mentioned that a week of training to hard can make you lethargic at the start of a game.

No idea if this is true or not but it would explain (or maybe just trying to excuse) alot

2. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom First Grade

Based on that theory, Madge must have them running 100km a day!

There’s a lot health science involved these days, individually tailored. Almost all players are fresh although they might be carrying injuries.

3. Zoe Palmer

Zoe Palmer Juniors

I’d love to know what madges instructions are to his half back.

under Madge Reynolds didn’t run the ballot often either

4. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

I thought junior talent type role at the eels ?

5. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Just looked him up....Nights after us then as you mentioned a development role at the eels. At least they're jobs where you go to work doing what you love without getting your head kicked in every day.

6. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Thanks Dessie.

7. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Saw Burton play again last night. Can we white ant his deal at the dogs ?
    Please ?
    Beats scouting dickheads from PNG who can't even be bothered to turn up in decent shape even though we are the only club chasing him. Should have told him to f**k off, torn up his contract and put him on the first plane home. What a merkin. He better be gold or we'll be the laughing stock of the nrl/

axl rose likes this.
  8. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

This Wests Tigers TV series could be such an embarrassment especially when watching them decide on team selections. The club talks too much off the field for mine. We all know the roosters but I don't hear them gloat about a player in their team after an embarrassing loss. I saw how they promoted Luke Garner for getting VB hard worker award I was like "you guys serious".

Das Hassler, Vic Mackey and Tiger Ted like this.
  9. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Yep ...when you're swimming with sharks it's always a good idea to put some blood in the water so they're happy and leave you alone

10. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

I can't see why he would be interested in being a first grade coach after the way our club burned him.

I'm a firm believer that if he was re-signed, Potter would have fixed our backline just like the way he fixed our forward pack by bringing in Gavet and Taupau. We wouldn't have lost Farah and as a result, we wouldn't have lost Tedesco, who Farah talked out of leaving in the first place.

The new board screwed up very badly by mistaking an injury crisis and a temporary media shit storm for poor coaching. After looking at how the Dragons are going right now, the board screwed up even further by signing Taylor rather than Hook.

gordsy and macnaz like this.
  11. TheDefinitionOfMadness

TheDefinitionOfMadness Juniors

spoiler alert.........we already are

12. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

Harry Grant absolutely killing it:face_palm:‍♂️

13. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Plain to see he's got WT DNA coarsing thru his veins !

14. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Bench

He deadset looks like he is playing on another level from every other player. Ridiculous that he has played less than 20 games

axl rose and gordsy like this.
  15. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Burton or the PNG bloke ?

16. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

And only 4 of those for Melbourne...imagine after he settles in

Perth Tiger likes this.
  17. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

I read it as "spoiler alert - we already are the laughing stock"

gordsy likes this.
  18. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

It's not just their stars...even George Jennings already looks authentic Melbourne Storm.

19. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom First Grade

I think Harry had a great season under Madge and maybe can be used as an example that Madge is a good coach.

It’s interesting that some players can thrive under a coach whilst others fester.

The best coaches get more players thriving I suppose or their is a natural dynamic at work. I wonder if Harto thinks about this.

Everyone laughed at Hook when he dug up players from the graveyard and the whole side seems pumped up and aggressive.

I watched the Seibs coaching show last year, the body language from the players was very telling.
    You could sense the high opinions and egos in the room, you needed sunnies!

One for @The Rosco and @Tigerm - if six headed aliens landed on planet earth, the only time they wouldn’t feel homesick is while watching Wests Tigers TV.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  20. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Grant is another level, when he is fully fit and has a bit more experience he will be one of top 3 if not the best hooker in the comp.

The Storm miss Smith so much. Last night was a lot of crash ball near the line, aka ego plays. Wouldn't have happened that much under Smith.

Yes Bellamy has a great system but it's easier to keep blokes inline when your team had Smith, Slater, Cronk in it. Now those boys are gone it gets harder for the coach to keep blokes inline.

Fordy20 likes this.