What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I tried to download a phone photo, but couldn't? There were no clouds and it came up so huge, anyway, takes your mind of the important things as to why the WT's are not winning any games:D

I usually find that the consumption of a cocktail of harsh poisonous kitchen cleaning products takes the edge of a bad loss. It’s a vintage year for Acetone, a bit fruity, but should suffice. I’ve got some ‘74 Bon Ami out in the shed, waiting for the spoon this year.
I’ll invite our buddy @The Rosco over to partake.

As you know, whenever we lose, our dogs go without their bonus woofy treats.

They are ready to tear Brooksys throat out if he knocked on the door.

Before anyone reports me to the rspca, the giant mutts have the run of the house, eat better than I do and spend most of their day chilling. If they need a day without a bonus schmacko so be it. They can blame the side.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I mentioned this guy the other day?

Name :Jimmy Ngutlik Longbut
Parents:Anne and Gordon Ngutlik.
Origin:East New Britain.
Current residence :cairns
Height:186cm.
Weight:90kg
Position:Wing and fullback.
Teams played with:under 18/20 northern pride
Current team :West Lions-Brumbies feeder club.
Afew TEAMS in Qeensland cup are going after him, later will upload videos of him. They call him jimmy the Jet.
Last year he was selected in the Far north Queensland Team against new zealand and scored two tries.

e668fb7e260648f96ef4c043b5616d6d

TSP, your challenge is for you to take Stryker with you and make fun of his last name in front of him, we need to know if he will fire up:innocent::head_bandage:

I mentioned this guy the other day?

Name :Jimmy Ngutlik Longbut
Parents:Anne and Gordon Ngutlik.
Origin:East New Britain.
Current residence :cairns
Height:186cm.
Weight:90kg
Position:Wing and fullback.
Teams played with:under 18/20 northern pride
Current team :West Lions-Brumbies feeder club.
Afew TEAMS in Qeensland cup are going after him, later will upload videos of him. They call him jimmy the Jet.
Last year he was selected in the Far north Queensland Team against new zealand and scored two tries.

e668fb7e260648f96ef4c043b5616d6d
He looks promising.

Vozzy

Juniors
The fact that Simpkin resigned tells me the young players at the club are buying into Madges coaching. It's the older players or those been at the club before he came who are too inconsistent to maintain his standards.

Brooks, Garner, MBye, MCK, Packer.

Obviously some of the new signings are yet to really fire but they didn't break the bank. Tamou I'd good for guys like Stephano and Roberts was cheap with younger players being ready to play in 2022.

Tigers seem to start well so I'm OK with Joe Off because it's once Tamou, Twal and Joe Off come off their first stint we start to really lose the momentum of the game.

The fact that Simpkin resigned tells me the young players at the club are buying into Madges coaching. It's the older players or those been at the club before he came who are too inconsistent to maintain his standards.

Brooks, Garner, MBye, MCK, Packer.

Obviously some of the new signings are yet to really fire but they didn't break the bank. Tamou I'd good for guys like Stephano and Roberts was cheap with younger players being ready to play in 2022.

Tigers seem to start well so I'm OK with Joe Off because it's once Tamou, Twal and Joe Off come off their first stint we start to really lose the momentum of the game.

Some good points.

I’ve never taken the sword to Joe either because he’s looked likely. Jim isn’t where we need him to be defensively.

No doubt some players are buying into Madge but even some of those are well below optimum.

The distribution is uneven with little apparent growth. Madge and the players must accept responsibility. How that is distributed is the key question.

I posed the @Twizzle question: do we know if they would have played better or worse under a different coach? And the answer is unknown. We are obliged to speculate. It is an interesting challenge.

Tigerm

First Grade
Do you know anything about the pommy?
Oliver Patrick Gildart (born 6 August 1996) is an English professional rugby leaguefootballer who plays as a centre for the Wigan Warriors in the Betfred Super League, and has played for England and Great Britain at international level.

He has spent time on loan from Wigan at Workington Town in the Kingstone Press Championship and the Salford Red Devils in the Super League. Gildart was the winner of the 2017 Super League Young Player Of The Year. He won the 2016 and the 2018 Super League Grand Final with Wigan.

Tigerm

First Grade
The Sharks football department is preparing to table Reynolds a three-year deal through until the end of 2024 valued at around the $2.4 million mark.

Adam, is 30 this year, thoughts on this size contract?

Something we would have done in the old days I think?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Despite all the bullshit, it is very pleasing to see that all the young guns we have been signing are looking f**king good. Stefano, Laurie, Simpkin all look great. Luciano has continued his excellent form. A bunch of players playing in Reserve grade will be banging on the door soon enough. If Hastings can translate his UK form into NRL form then we have the nucleus of a good team.

I said a while back I'd give Madge until the end of 2022 so I'm gonna stick with that.

What we really need is an exodus of the overpaid players at the end of the year (Packer, Mbye...maybe even Brooks) then a very well executed spending spree in the key positions that we need. You could literally trade those three players salaries for two outstanding marquee players (who admittedly would have to be paid over what they are worth) that would be able to simply fix the glaring holes in our squad. I feel that a Centre and a Back Rower of Staggs and Frizell quality would go a long way making a huge difference to our squad. Even if you had to pay players like that overs, you know that they would be able to do the job you signed them for week in and week out.

I fear that there may not be the players required available so we might be in for another long "rebuilding" year in 2022

The Sharks football department is preparing to table Reynolds a three-year deal through until the end of 2024 valued at around the $2.4 million mark.

Adam, is 30 this year, thoughts on this size contract?

Something we would have done in the old days I think?

That’s top dollar in the range, but I’d pay it.

Souths are quite silly letting him go.

stryker

First Grade
I usually find that the consumption of a cocktail of harsh poisonous kitchen cleaning products takes the edge of a bad loss. It’s a vintage year for Acetone, a bit fruity, but should suffice. I’ve got some ‘74 Bon Ami out in the shed, waiting for the spoon this year.
I’ll invite our buddy @The Rosco over to partake.

As you know, whenever we lose, our dogs go without their bonus woofy treats.

They are ready to tear Brooksys throat out if he knocked on the door.

Before anyone reports me to the rspca, the giant mutts have the run of the house, eat better than I do and spend most of their day chilling. If they need a day without a bonus schmacko so be it. They can blame the side.
Focus man focus...one issue at a time

Latest posts