What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Another 2005er returns to the club. Honestly I thought he burned the bridge when he refused his pay out and essentially got paid to read the paper at Tigers HQ. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Could he be there as an emergency coach should Madge get the flick?

gordsy

Juniors
So you want to sack Madge for the bloke who played Farah and Lawrence in the halves and couldn't get rid of Moltzen and signed Peter Lewis. Please tell me you don't operate heavy machinery or drive...

Pezz70

Juniors
Interesting appointment. I hope it goes well. We have a lot of ppl in this pathways gig, don’t we?
Yeah it’s starting to get out of hand, we need to spend money on it, but it should be spent on players and programs not personalities. There are plenty of well qualified people running around coaching, managing and selecting junior teams and clubs that would do good jobs in pathways programs at a fraction of the cost of the big names we’ve been sucked in to hiring.

glockers

Juniors
Twitter booted it twice. Had a good run though. Big League and a few media oulets gave it a plug. Royce was spun off from it by someone else as the Sheens one slways had adventures with Royce and witch's hats featured.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Absolutely no way to going after Dufty. He's a fullback - that's it. Laurie is miles ahead of him and is realistically not even close to his full potential.

I'd take Shaun Johnson but given we have Hastings coming onboard for 2022, plus Mbye still on the books it should be a hard pass from us.

All spare cap money should go towards signing a marquee level outside back (JAC would have been perfect ffs), or if there is nobody available then a really good outside back and maybe an edge back rower. Our middle forwards plus Luciano have been great - no need to shuffle these guys around. Garner has really started hitting some great form and we have a bunch of excellent forwards coming through, so tbh we probably don't even need to look at signing any more forwards (at least for the next few years).

Once we have our backline sorted, let Hastings, Brooks, Madden, Mbye and Doueihi fight it out to be the starting halves pairing. Everyone else can either play as reserves or in a position better suited for them. If none of these combinations work then move them all on (or into better positions) and throw everything we have at signing a halfback to pair whichever of these guys looks the best in the 6 jersey.

Rothfield in Sunday paper stated that Tigers were looking at a player swap for DWZ. Now surely the dogs would want a back who is an experienced 1st grader? I can’t for the life of me think who they would or could release and who the Dogs would want other than Roberts.
Nofa, no
Talau, not like he’s an established 1st grader + slow
BJ, he’s playing reserves,
Cini & Hoffman but they are not 1st graders,
Fitzgibbon, again not a 1st grader, very raw, but fast.

Tigerm

First Grade
Absolutely no way to going after Dufty. He's a fullback - that's it. Laurie is miles ahead of him and is realistically not even close to his full potential.

I'd take Shaun Johnson but given we have Hastings coming onboard for 2022, plus Mbye still on the books it should be a hard pass from us.

All spare cap money should go towards signing a marquee level outside back (JAC would have been perfect ffs), or if there is nobody available then a really good outside back and maybe an edge back rower. Our middle forwards plus Luciano have been great - no need to shuffle these guys around. Garner has really started hitting some great form and we have a bunch of excellent forwards coming through, so tbh we probably don't even need to look at signing any more forwards (at least for the next few years).

Once we have our backline sorted, let Hastings, Brooks, Madden, Mbye and Doueihi fight it out to be the starting halves pairing. Everyone else can either play as reserves or in a position better suited for them. If none of these combinations work then move them all on (or into better positions) and throw everything we have at signing a halfback to pair whichever of these guys looks the best in the 6 jersey.
I agree, currently we are on the up, imo we are not weak in backs or forwards atm. we really don't need anyone, where do we fit them? Though another good back would be handy but I think continue the search to develop elite juniors.

TIGERS-BULLDOGS EYE POTENTIAL SWAP DEAL​

THE Tigers are still somewhat interested in signing out-of-favour Bulldogs utility back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak to boost their backline stocks.

The Dogs are prepared to pay a large slice of DWZ's hefty salary to sweeten the pot and a player exchange is also a possibility.

And who is the player being mooted in the swap? The temperamental Joey Leilua, who has been in and out of the Tigers side but can be a dangerous attacking weapon on his day.
Gee that surprises me, getting an out-of-favour player and the Dogs taking an out-of- favour player.

Tigerm

First Grade

TIGERS-BULLDOGS EYE POTENTIAL SWAP DEAL​

THE Tigers are still somewhat interested in signing out-of-favour Bulldogs utility back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak to boost their backline stocks.

The Dogs are prepared to pay a large slice of DWZ's hefty salary to sweeten the pot and a player exchange is also a possibility.

And who is the player being mooted in the swap? The temperamental Joey Leilua, who has been in and out of the Tigers side but can be a dangerous attacking weapon on his day.
Gee that surprises me, getting an out-of-favour player and the Dogs taking an out-of- favour player.
If this was to happen, then I think we would get the better deal?

Though if we are going down this track, I would preferred they looked at a quicker player?

If this was to happen, then I think we would get the better deal?

Though if we are going down this track, I would preferred they looked at a quicker player?
Perhaps Roberts won’t be on the wing next year, might be gonsk, perhaps persevering with Talau in centres and DWZ on wing to start off 2022.

DWZ would then IMO, be the fastest at Concord just in front of Laurie, Brooks & Liddle.