What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Perhaps Roberts won’t be on the wing next year, might be gonsk, perhaps persevering with Talau in centres and DWZ on wing to start off 2022.

DWZ would then IMO, be the fastest at Concord just in front of Laurie, Brooks & Liddle.
I don't know that much about DWZ, is he quick to very quick?

Tigerm

First Grade
From “THE POM”

Seyfarth a formality, 2 year deal.

Mikaele has the same offer on the table for the last couple weeks, 2 more clubs thrown their hat in the ring, with his injury now I’d expect his management to fast track negotiations

No to Woods

Looking for a big $$ 2nd rower preferably.
Plenty of movement for not off contract players.
Plenty still to play out, Issac Liu is a target but will be tough to pry him away from Roosters, Finucane’s asking price a bit much & likely a shark.

You hear correctly, Bulldogs just like the Broncos tried to get the “better end of the deal” with their negotiating style. Now a better option has come along, Mamaulo is not happy at the Warriors & has a close report with Madge.
Expect this to be confirmed rather quickly, $300-$350k for someone like Ken is a steal.

Agree, a tall strong winger who can burst over the try line has been something missing since The Tank.
Nofa & Mamaulo starting our sets will put us in great field position. Averages 177 RM per game this year?

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
The Pom is sometimes wrong but I like that update. I don't want Finucane. I see that as the type of signing we should be very careful with. We also shouldn't get the rough end of the deal in any negotiations for any player with an existing contract.

I'm not sold on Mamaulo but we need outside backs. I reckon $300k is a reasonable price but only a reasonable price if he performs.

Tigerm

First Grade
The Pom is sometimes wrong but I like that update. I don't want Finucane. I see that as the type of signing we should be very careful with. We also shouldn't get the rough end of the deal in any negotiations for any player with an existing contract.

I'm not sold on Mamaulo but we need outside backs. I reckon $300k is a reasonable price but only a reasonable price if he performs.
TBH, I have never heard of the bloke, (I don’t read much on other teams) but his profile indicates he could be handy for us?
You would have to think, BJ’s days with us are over, if this is true?

Wizardman

First Grade
Got to admit, I don’t know anything about him, but what’s on his profile page, but I have a good feeling about him.
Strong, powerful, takes the ball for good hitups like Nofo...I think he had been playing injured lately. Only negative about him was that he had poor hands early in his career but he seems to handle the footy a lot better now. Good signing with some good upside for us!

Tiger05

First Grade
It's a pretty good targeted signing. We really need wingers. I think we know have two wingers who will cart the ball back strongly, score some tries and at times make terrible misreads. Hopefully we get a couple of good defensive centers to partner them.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Ken is a good player when motivated and when he has a good centre inside him to set him up. Was Dally M winger of the year only a couple of years ago so he can definitely play.

He's basically a Nofo clone, just taller and a bit slower with no offload. Can misread on defence but so does every winger. Guaranteed 150m a game.

Some of these blokes just need a change of scenery sometimes so I reckon hell go OK with you guys.

Pezz70

Juniors
Maumalo signs with Wests Tigers

This could be a great signing for us. The comparisons with Nofo aren’t really on the mark, KM is 4 inches taller and 20kg heavier. Just what the tigers need coming out of their end, a big winger who runs straight and one you can build your sets off. If he plays at anywhere near his best he is a player that we can push into the top 8 with. He has a
mistake in him but I think he’s one of the things the tigers have missed badly over the last few years.

Last edited:

BLN2

Juniors
Ken is your classic big lumbering winger. Hit and miss defense and lack of speed/turning are his biggest issues. But he runs hard, can finish and does plenty of grunt work.

Had an outstanding 2019, but has really struggled since we were based in Australia. I think this is a win/win/win signing for everyone. Time for the Warriors to ditch Kearney ball (big wingers doing props work), free up some cash for other positions. Time for Ken to have a fresh start elsewhere, and I think $300k-$350k is decent value for the Tigers (rumoured to be on around $400k with us).

Good luck Ken and the Tigers.

Tigerm

First Grade
Ken is a good player when motivated and when he has a good centre inside him to set him up. Was Dally M winger of the year only a couple of years ago so he can definitely play.

He's basically a Nofo clone, just taller and a bit slower with no offload. Can misread on defence but so does every winger. Guaranteed 150m a game.

Some of these blokes just need a change of scenery sometimes so I reckon hell go OK with you guys.
f**k, I’m excited about our future

Wait there’s more.....

Mitchell Pearce reportedly linked with Tigers​

Controversial NRL star Mitchell Pearce could be lining up in new colours next season, and it may land him at a place he knows all too well.

Choiboi

Juniors
God I hope not!

Also not really excited about the Ken signing. It's really random since we have nofo, do we really need another slow winger who eats metres? I think it would have been nice to have a fast finisher

He seems to have quite a few errors in his game and was home sick last year. Oh well maybe he just needed a fresh start