What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

chili and garlic sauce for me. Try it. By the way is that Auzzie Kebab place at Mona Vale? not a plug just a question.
No, I got it on the way home from a meeting at the Penrith RSL.

i don’t think @Twizzle or lu mind if you are at arms length and write up a company in good faith, but we need the proper advertising dollar to support the website. Besides, if I support a company, it may actually lose business!

DC70DAF9-4CEA-4228-BAE5-E22201F9E682.jpegits at a place called Panthers Kebab on the High Street. Not associated with licenced smug as far as I can tell.

Its a monster kebab for the money. Kebab of the year 10 years running, but they went a bit light with the chili which I always have.

As you know, the balance of the chili and bbq sauce has to be millilitre perfect and the joy is a bit diminished if you provide instructions. You have to throw yourself on the mercy of the chef and when they nail it, there’s the connoisseur’s choice.

I only go to Mona Vale to see customers, visit brookvake oval and I bought a sedan there last year from a big dealership.

I will try old Aussie Kebab next time I am the neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Maumalo, playing for Warriors today???
Not sure what’s going on, but a chance to watch him play if you haven’t seen him yet?
Lol, “ effective immediately “ ?

Harto was drunk when he read the contract.

Maybe we got the actual year wrong?!

And we pay ken 100% of this years contract to play for another club?

Even by our low standards that’s bad.

Something that cretin Ivan would do.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
No, I got it on the way home from a meeting at the Penrith RSL.

i don’t think @Twizzle or lu mind if you are at arms length and write up a company in good faith, but we need the proper advertising dollar to support the website. Besides, if I support a company, it may actually lose business!

View attachment 49472its at a place called Panthers Kebab on the High Street. Not associated with licenced smug as far as I can tell.

Its a monster kebab for the money. Kebab of the year 10 years running, but they went a bit light with the chili which I always have.

As you know, the balance of the chili and bbq sauce has to be millilitre perfect and the joy is a bit diminished if you provide instructions. You have to throw yourself on the mercy of the chef and when they nail it, there’s the connoisseur’s choice.

I only go to Mona Vale to see customers, visit brookvake oval and I bought a sedan there last year from a big dealership.

I will try old Aussie Kebab next time I am the neighbourhood.

The Mona Vale one's don't sound as good as your Penrith ones. Good to have a subject to talk about that has us salivating rather than depressing us.

The best kebabs I have ever had was from a place called the sultans tables at Hornsby. Not sure if that is their right name and not sure if they still exist but I do recommend them if area. Maybe we need a forum on best kebabs, sausage rolls, hamburgers etc.

The Mona Vale one's don't sound as good as your Penrith ones. Good to have a subject to talk about that has us salivating rather than depressing us.

The best kebabs I have ever had was from a place called the sultans tables at Hornsby. Not sure if that is their right name and not sure if they still exist but I do recommend them if area. Maybe we need a forum on best kebabs, sausage rolls, hamburgers etc.
Yeah!

We touched on it in “ reminders of your childhood” forum, we have the east and the shire covered in terms of take away.

@horrie hastings is a gourmet take away consumer and his descriptions and recommendations remain unsurpassed.

One thing i noticed about Panthers is that the lettuce etc there embedded into the kebab is crisp and ice cold. This of course signifies the freshness of product which is encouraging and a nod to their efforts to provide a fundamentally sound texture experience.

But and however, the price of such freshness is the genuine risk of the expedited cooling of the whole kebab.

Hence, this feature whilst well intended, puts undue pressure upon the necessity to consume said kebab imminently and without delay.

That being the case, a undue kebab-in-transit scenario will almost certainly spoil the optimum kebab experience.

Re-heating a kebab with salad in a microwave is catastrophic.

I’ve touched on the lack of strength in the chili component, perhaps a junior filled the old mystery chili bottle up with too much water last week.

The chili bottle may be reused many times, but once the volume hits over 60% tap water, it’s easily detected. I speculate here of course and pass many contenders to indulge at this otherwise fine establishment.

I may follow about a dozen Lu forumers and horrie is one of these.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
At the half time break, dogs v drags, they said Corey Norman won’t be re-signed next year.

Not for us, imo.

Vozzy

Juniors
Not that I like him or anything but I do feel like Ivan is a coach good at getting the most out of players. I remember when we were on that early winning streak when he coached us saying the Tigers were 5 years away from being competitive consistantly and you need to buy players for 1-2 years while trying to find a long term replacement in the same position after that 1-2 years. So some signings are not for the future but are bridge signings. You move on from 1 player by signing a stop gap for low money hoping a junior becomes a gun or a rep player is available. I feel like that 5 year thing restarted last year for Madge. I see a Roberts signing the stop gap then we found an international centre. I know Ivan made bad signings but he got a lot out when he was here. I feel despite results especially the last month a good vibe for next year if we can somehow just come 8th this year it will do wonders next year.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Hastings at 5/8 ?
He's a Half Back, watched a couple of his games for Wigan and he controls the whole team, always busy organising and directing the plays. Seems to have a strong personality as well which is what you need from your half.
Brooks doesn't appear to have the personality to run a team, but he does have a strong running game. Give control of the team to Hastings and Brooks to 5/8, Hastings will do all the organising and Brooks just calls when he sees something. Plus Hastings has a good kicking game and this gives us a left/right combo in the halves.

Corey Norman could be the answer as a bench utility on $500 and put pressure on Brooksy, Doogie and Hastings next year.

He’d go ok with a willing forward pack and some teeth around the edges. Plus he can defend, kick and likes scoring.

He’d be a good face about the club.

Tigerm

First Grade
Corey Norman could be the answer as a bench utility on $500 and put pressure on Brooksy, Doogie and Hastings next year.

He’d go ok with a willing forward pack and some teeth around the edges. Plus he can defend, kick and likes scoring.

He’d be a good face about the club.
Hasn’t he failed at two other clubs?

Why would you want him, what would he offer that we don’t already have?

Pezz70

Juniors
Hasn’t he failed at two other clubs?

Why would you want him, what would he offer that we don’t already have?
I’m no rap for Corey Norman, skilful player but rocks or diamonds and unfortunately his good games are as rare as diamonds. Not for the Tigers

Latest posts