What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Lol you are an arrogant merkin.
Finucane is twice the player TPJ is but you don’t agree with almost everyone in RL, so it’s all bullshit lol…

Por que no los dos?

We'd surely have a bit of coin together, chase them both. I wouldn't be signing Finucane at all costs due to his age but we'd be nuts to not even have the conversation. f**k off Mikaele, bring Offa into the front row, Seyfarth and Finucane to share the lock role.

stryker

First Grade
That article by Rothfield is pure dogshit.
The chairman dragging Souths into our quagmire has just ensured another 60 point drubbing in 2 weeks. The bloke is beyond stupid.

Perth Tiger

Bench
What a load of garbage by Hooper, says we have finally seen the light in chasing Finucane, then says why would Finucane bother signing with us.

BrotherJim05

Bench
TPJ would be a deadset moron not to go to Melbourne. He has a lot of downhill skierness to him, put him in Melbourne system and he will be on the bench for Origin in a couple of years

Tigerm

First Grade
TPJ would be a deadset moron not to go to Melbourne. He has a lot of downhill skierness to him, put him in Melbourne system and he will be on the bench for Origin in a couple of years
He would probably do that here, Joffa did.

Do you really think he should go for less money? A player is not here for a long time.

gordsy

Juniors
No but you don't want to spend that time getting bashed either. I'd reckon his body takes more punishment for us then sharing the load at the Storm

Tiger05

First Grade
He would probably do that here, Joffa did.

Do you really think he should go for less money? A player is not here for a long time.

It's pretty funny all these morons stating he should go to Melbourne and just accept 100k less than what another team will pay him. Most of these guys aren't going to be big earners post their footy careers. They probably need the money.

Even for the same money you have to live in bloody Melbourne.

BrotherJim05

Bench
There is no way you can tell me that money is all that motivates these players. If you could take a 100k a year pay cut, enjoy the rest of your career and win a premiership vs the opposite...what would you do?

Tigerm

First Grade
There is no way you can tell me that money is all that motivates these players. If you could take a 100k a year pay cut, enjoy the rest of your career and win a premiership vs the opposite...what would you do?
Premierships are certainly a fantastic trophy, but it doesn’t put food on the table or buy some bling car etc? I think the younger blokes will go the cash.

Last edited:
All depends on the player and the circumstance.

Renno turned down immortal life bunny-ship for the wooden spooners on account of cash and a new experience.

There’s no standard reason.

If it was just cash, everyone would play in esl.

Tiger05

First Grade
Premierships are certainly a fantastic trophy, but it doesn’t put food on the table or buy some bling car etc? I think the younger blokes will go the cash.

I think a lot of these players don't come from money as well. It's feeding the whole family.

I think a lot of these players don't come from money as well. It's feeding the whole family.
Yeah There’s some element of that scattered through.

Samoa is a pretty poor country, not much development, but as we know, there’s some amazing footy talent and some money is shipped home, goes a long way.

Helping the family is central to Islander culture, the sense of belonging, expectations. I respect that a lot.

And no doubt many Australian and other players in the same boat.

South’s lost a bit of DNA when they let Renno go. Just my opinion. He deserved to go out like Rowdy.