What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigers1986

Juniors
He was getting fresh air FFS. These media vultures swooning for the slightest slip is displaying the absolute worst of humanity. Prisoners get fresh air. Like come on, he's on his own on the balcony.

As someone on twitter pointed out - players are high-fiving fans in the stands and signing shit, so how is this just as bad?

He was getting fresh air FFS. These media vultures swooning for the slightest slip is displaying the absolute worst of humanity. Prisoners get fresh air. Like come on, he's on his own on the balcony.

As someone on twitter pointed out - players are high-fiving fans in the stands and signing shit, so how is this just as bad?
Plus Jimmy has special circumstances given his past challenges and what he’s done this year with himself personally.

Offers the club a lot in different ways and Im proud of him.

The press are absolute pricks for singling him out.

Hes not rioting in the streets or punching police officers.

Last edited:

Tigers1986

Juniors
If this is all it was that is a joke.

He had gone training in the secure gym for him (isolating from the others), he stepped out onto the balcony for some fresh air in his speedos, and the vultures swooned all over it.

These same media scum have been using drones to get to the higher levels to try and expose families. One player's wife mentioned a drone was hovering near her window as she was changing the baby. Like, WTF? They have zero decency.

Tiger05

First Grade
They have zero decency.

They are pieces of shit. How did the gutter journalism get so powerful in this world. I don't watch it or read it or have anything to do with it. I don't know many people that do.

It's like Sky News Australia. No one watches it. Somehow it's going strong.

gordsy

Juniors
I hope the person watching a baby get changed is bashed. That is disgusting. If anyone thought a neighbour was watching them change their kids nappy they would want to turn that persons face into mince meat
What's the difference???

Wizardman

First Grade
One thing people here are failing to understand. While I agree that it is not a hanging offence, he did deliberately break a condition set by the NRL and state government. That door was taped....he would have deliberately got that tape off and opened the door. While I agree that the rule is silly and fresh air should be fine, the fact is he broke an agreement of his conditions on coming to QLD. I think the punishment is fine for this case. The Korisau and Arrow breaches were treated all too lightly. They should have got 20 weeks for their rubbish.

Tigerm

First Grade
Rumour circulating on Twatter that we're looking at signing Curtis Scott.
Yeah, I heard that as well, apparently he is quick and plays centre (just what we need), I also understand he is a bit of a dickhead, so I don’t know, but we don’t have a shitload of players banging on our door atm, so maybe worth a look?

Tiger05

First Grade
Can he tackle in the centres ? That is all Mbye offers at best. I assume he is cheaper than Mbye. I think the guy is probably a muppet but if they get the contract dollars right it's worth a shot. It's another risky singing like JTJ and BJ so I doubt it will work but I'm cool with giving it a go.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Curtis Scott - absolutely not. It takes a special kind of person to be black-listed by the Storm. He's got off-field issues and a toxic attitude. Pass.

BrotherJim05

Bench
ergghh here we go. Curtis Scott....

I mean f**k, he is miles better than whatever centre we have now but if anyone thinks he will last more than a year is kidding themselves.

I think offer him a contract for the rest of the year with another year in the club's favour. That way we can sack off Mbye this year and if Scott turns out to be a gronk we can look to sign a centre in the off-season and not take up his option.

Still a kid, 90% tackle efficiency, scores once every couple of games. Caught the attention of Ricky and Bellamy. Sounds solid at the right price. Fight it out with Gildart,Tommy etc.

Apparently on 450k a season now. He’s someone we could use off the bench to stop the slumps and help with resilience.

Hartos assault on the backline is on for young and old.

Scott is not an obvious target, so he’s obviously been on the agenda.

I’m still thinking we need a couple of massive yet willing forwards. I would have liked Dale, just a credible player. You pay overs, but he’s going to try. His worse game is equal to some our forwards good games. A risk of course, but he’s genuine.

We will probably go for the youth vote. I see the reasoning given the speed of the game, but a couple of corkers would really help us.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
ergghh here we go. Curtis Scott....

I mean f**k, he is miles better than whatever centre we have now but if anyone thinks he will last more than a year is kidding themselves.

I think offer him a contract for the rest of the year with another year in the club's favour. That way we can sack off Mbye this year and if Scott turns out to be a gronk we can look to sign a centre in the off-season and not take up his option.

Who knows? It took Moses Suli two different clubs before he pulled his head in. Maybe it will be the same for Curtis?

Canberra chip in and we pay 350 or below, that might be ok.

Off field issues can almost always be repaired with the right support. There’s only a few like Pearce that might be too far gone.

Das Hassler

Bench
Ive only seen it mentioned that it's for the remainder of this season...could end up nothing more than that. I can't see why we would need to offer him anything more at this stage...it's for him to repair his reputation and we'd be giving him that opportunity over the games remaining...he's in no position to demand anything more right now if he wants to get back on the field.

Curtis Scott - absolutely not. It takes a special kind of person to be black-listed by the Storm. He's got off-field issues and a toxic attitude. Pass.
Was he blacklisted ?

I knew that he was found innocent with the charge in the off season incident when he was tasered by the police (NSW Police had to pay) but I could not find anything about being blacklisted by the storm.

Canberra signed him and gave BJ the flick, now BJ can pack his bags again.