What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I finally witnessed Mbye in the changing sheds at half time trying to motivate the team against Parra I think..how can I describe it “No fkn idea”!! What was his go to line …”We’re all friends arnt we” oh dear. That explained a lot but not why he was captain for soooo long..

Mario chalmers

Juniors
What would WT fans think if this happened in the off season? It's only a suggestion.

Brooks >>> Knights
Klemmer >>> Tigers

Both players managed by Isaac Moses
Both players on similar contracts in terms of value and expiry

Both players rumoured to be on the way out at different stages. Brooks more often but Klemmer was dropped to the bench for a period this season and there was a Lodge Klemmer swap floating around for quite a while earlier this year.

I think it would be a good outcome for WT noting that Madden appears at least capable and can partner Hastings in the halves to start 2022.

Vozzy

Juniors
As painful as it may be for the lack of recruitment I think the tigers current young forwards after another year have the potential to become top players. I actually think Stephano is the player to build the club around or the forward pack in general. I think he is another year away from becoming a starting front rower for the blues. My point being is if we pay attention to the Payne Haas situation. By the time he becomes available to talk to we would be the only club that would have the $1million per year to pounce. He is in the unique situation of being at the Broncos but as a New South Welshmen. And if Stephano became as good as him it would be hard to not want to play along side your fellow State of origin team mate every week.

You may ask why he would come to us. Broncos are even worse then us right now.

Das Hassler

Bench
As painful as it may be for the lack of recruitment I think the tigers current young forwards after another year have the potential to become top players. I actually think Stephano is the player to build the club around or the forward pack in general. I think he is another year away from becoming a starting front rower for the blues. My point being is if we pay attention to the Payne Haas situation. By the time he becomes available to talk to we would be the only club that would have the $1million per year to pounce. He is in the unique situation of being at the Broncos but as a New South Welshmen. And if Stephano became as good as him it would be hard to not want to play along side your fellow State of origin team mate every week.

You may ask why he would come to us. Broncos are even worse then us right now.

Was thinking exactly the same thing...i'd pay him whatever it would take

Tigerm

First Grade
John Bateman is edging closer to an NRL return less than 12 months after walking out on the Raiders to go home.

Bateman went to market last year but couldn’t get a sufficient offer and instead opted to return to England on a long-term contract.
Would be a good signing, but we seem to be linked to everyone atm?

Tigerm

First Grade
Hahaha, maybe not look at signing Luke Thompson, let the dogs play with 10 players next year?

TBH, I don't know much about Asiata, is he worth looking at?

ASIATA’S DOG SWITCH OFF

The Bulldogs bid to land John Asiata appears to have fallen through due to salary cap constraints.

The Dogs have pulled out of talks to land the Broncos forward owing to the lack of cash available in their salary cap.

On Tuesday, 12 players – including ex-Origin prop Dylan Napa – were released by the Bulldogs.

Brisbane Broncos player John Asiata
Brisbane Broncos player John AsiataSource: News Corp Australia

With the club having spent big on Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Burton, Matt Dufty, Tevita Pangai Junior, Brent Naden and Paul Vaughan, there’s little room to manoeuvre in their salary cap.

The Dogs have also been shopping Brandon Wakeham around, while Kyle Flanagan has been linked with a move to the Super League.

But they have been unable to reduce the pressure on their cap, ending Asiata’s hope of getting another deal.

“I have spoken to John and told him not to wait for us if he finds somewhere else to play,” Canterbury football manager Phil Gould told WWOS.

Das Hassler

Bench
If their ( anyone and everyone) playing history is maximum effort...application and concentration for each minute they're on the field then look at the talent....if they haven't ticked the box for that first condition then forget about it....no exceptions...
Bellamy's player ethic and our junior development ( under Sheens and Kimmorely hopefully...i'm confident ) and we should be ok....also f_ck the last 10 years!...forget about it..move on and just get it done!

Latest posts