What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

As far as i remember IC's signings were ..
JR
Matalino
Packer
Fanuah (spelling?...sorry)
CT
Gamble
MWZ
Matterson
Momo
Mbye
Farah ...return
Benji...return
Anyone I've forgotten?

some really massive turds there, do we need to call a plumber and make sure they’re all properly flushed?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Latest:

Adam Elliot all but signed and Madge’s future in genuine doubt.

If he’s to be sacked, it’s next week.

Source: Ralph.
Adam Elliot is bog average, but Madge does tend to be able to get alot out of his forwards.

I really want Madge to see out his contract. We have a lot of rebuilding still remaining to be done and sacking Madge is only going to delay that.

Adam Elliot is bog average, but Madge does tend to be able to get alot out of his forwards.

I really want Madge to see out his contract. We have a lot of rebuilding still remaining to be done and sacking Madge is only going to delay that.

Well that was the call I got today.

About Madge, he said if it’s coming, it’s coming before preseason as the club will want a quick execution. He actually supports Madge like you.

I’m willing to give him until Round 6 next year with more assets. Out of personal respect and the old mates act.

But if he’s boned, another coach may do better. As time moves on, Seibs has found another job, so I’m shifting to Flanagan or Morris.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Also will bring in yet another coach who wants their own roster so starts offloading some & buying others & we are back in the 3 year rebuilding cycle.
Which, if its not working we do it all over again and again with other coaches?

Plus I just don't think thee are that many good coaches (who would want to come here) not under contract?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
As suspected, but officially confirmed on WT website that Joey Leilua is gone, along with Chee Kam, Packer, Mbye & Billy Walters. Must be keeping Jimmy the Jet, I suppose he is on a cheap enough deal.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Just been pondering who was the last player with reasonable/good first grade experience that actually wanted to come to WT that had not been tapped on shoulder by previous club, shown the door or where we paid huge $$$ to attract them? When did we last attract a first grade player to the club that wanted to come here and bought into the story of WT? Would it be before the dreaded Cleary signings?

Tigerm

First Grade
Just been pondering who was the last player with reasonable/good first grade experience that actually wanted to come to WT that had not been tapped on shoulder by previous club, shown the door or where we paid huge $$$ to attract them? When did we last attract a first grade player to the club that wanted to come here and bought into the story of WT? Would it be before the dreaded Cleary signings?
Does any of the lower clubs have those stories?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Does any of the lower clubs have those stories?
I think WT have a story and can have an appeal if we bothered to spend some money to get some good PR types in to develop it and market it. Also we hear often that we cant compete against the clubs that have beaches and good facilities. Well, we will shortly have to COE and again with the right marketing you cant tell me there is not attraction to living in the inner west along the river- Balmain, Drummoyne, Haberfield or the suburbs along Parramatta Road for style and closeness to the city (and beaches) for entertainment etc. Even the dormitory suburbs in the south west are good, with good housing, wonderful people and again relative closeness to the southern beaches and transport to the city etc.

I would love an in depth study done by a consultancy into why players dont want to come here, our image with them and their managers, maybe asking every player that was approached in the last 7 years, and also those that left for better offers too. That is vital information to have and be able to learn from and mixed with a better promotion of our area it can work wonders.

I also recall somewhere, somebody mentioned we had some of the greats from Wests and Tigers come in a few times a season to talk to the players, along with more recent WT players. I reckon we can make a great deal more use of Farah, Fulton, Dwyer, Heighington, Ryan, Richards, Skandalis, Gibbs, Tuiaki etc to talk to the players.

We are dripping with history from 2 very proud and distinguished clubs.

I am proud of both branches in equal measure.

No DNA excuse or other made-up reason explains our current struggle.

Its not rocket science, it’s

A. Poor senior Management. Hopeless decision making
B. player hopelessness, lack of drive and effort, poor level skills and unsettledness
C. Poor coaching and support

There’s no answers emanating from the club at the moment. They will come belatedly and meekly.

The board should consider resigning. This season has been nothing short of a catastrophic failure of everything they have tried to do or implement.

That’s why @stryker puss keeps smashing them because he’s concerned that if we are compassionate and understanding they will keep taking advantage of us.

I agree with his ends, but I am not sure about his means.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Pretty sure Penrith fans said the same thing when their COE opened, having finished the 2105 season coming 11th. They then came 6th the following season. By this logic, we will come 8th next year due to the center of excellence.

I'm waiting to hear the above statement from Pascoe...we all know it's coming