What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
Also they did do some underhanded stuff this year with the Brisbane trip, look how that went.
( good miss though )
Lol yeah the secret squirrel trip that everyone in the NRL knew about….and they targeted the wrong players.
WORST CONTRACT NEGOTIATORS IN THE BUSINESS.

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge has given the suits at WT PTSD. All their decisions from the time of Madges resigning, are the equivalent of those coming from a Vietnam Vet on a war pension

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
What about fittler as coach? A dickhead yes, but the players love him, he would have an unorthodox style which suits ours, and the current nsw coach would surely be able to poach a few stars with a huge war chest!
Fittler has never liked this joint.
Surely he is not hard up for cash.
WTF would he subject himself to this stress?
Maybe the incentive is to be the first to get us to the finals.
Thats good Bennett bait for mine.

simmo05

Bench
I read earlier this arvo he has said no to Parramatta, but didn't rule out the tigers just yet. To be fair we are a blank canvas with plenty of cash, a centre of mediocrity about to open and a coach on the nose with the current squad, which always seems to go well for an incoming coach.

He could be tired of commentating, and could be looking to get a leg up into the roosters when their coach is done. Plenty of positives, and I think Bennett will only be available until the new Brisbane team is announced

Ron's_Mate

Bench
What about fittler as coach?
No way Fittler is doing it. He has two of the easiest gigs around - 1: being a dribbling idiot on Ch 9, and 2: coaching the best players in NSW three times a year, and even at that he has f**ked up a few times. If he comes to the Tigers he will be shown up for the useless coach he actually is, same as at the Roosters. Why would he risk it?

simmo05

Bench
No way Fittler is doing it. He has two of the easiest gigs around - 1: being a dribbling idiot on Ch 9, and 2: coaching the best players in NSW three times a year, and even at that he has f**ked up a few times. If he comes to the Tigers he will be shown up for the useless coach he actually is, same as at the Roosters. Why would he risk it?
Change of scenery, boredom, new challenge, plenty of reasons. He might see an opportunity with the new rules to create a new brand of footy which all the old dinosaur coaches havnt seen yet! Cant be worse than playing a style of footy that was successful 5 years ago

Tigerm

First Grade
I’m surprised JAC offered to come here in the first place…from Melbourne! Id say 1 Either the process was too hard (believable) 2 The coach scared him off (believable) 3 The $ ??? …..Get Flanno or Bennett onboard give him sole decision making which they will demand imo and it’s unlikely he’d end up at the Bulldogs.
I don’t think 3. will ever happen again in the foreseeable future. That would then probably rule Bennett out?

stryker

First Grade
Change of scenery, boredom, new challenge, plenty of reasons. He might see an opportunity with the new rules to create a new brand of footy which all the old dinosaur coaches havnt seen yet! Cant be worse than playing a style of footy that was successful 5 years ago
Problem is Fittler can’t coach.
Look at origin. Full strength team, he wins. A key injury or two and he is derailed. Last two years = 3/6.

Tiger05

First Grade

We can easily get another coach. It's first grade and we are club who if we perform are going to get a lot of press. The problem is can we get a coach who can improve the joint.

Tiger05

First Grade
Problem is Fittler can’t coach.
Look at origin. Full strength team, he wins. A key injury or two and he is derailed. Last two years = 3/6.

Exactly. The problem is getting a good coach. If we can get better than Madge I'm fine with punting him but I'm not sure we can.

What a cluster f**k. We need better players but we can't recruit them. We are thinking of punting our coach but we don't have better options available.

I'd stick with Madge and go hard for top junior talent. After that point you just pray.

Shredder

Juniors
You have to ask yourself, whats the upside.

We get rid of Madge we might get a rookie or Flanno. No way Bennett comes here. I just saw something on Yahoo news about Tooves looking for a gig.

So if we rule out a rookie, would Flanno or Tooves 100% have us in a better position than Madge? Who knows.

Trollhammaren

Juniors

This was interesting. It's just one perspective but I prefer Caine to the Fox or DT journalists who think they are writing day time soap operas and not rugby league journalists.

Caine speaks a lot of sense, and I agree with most of his comments.

But... I really think Madge has to take a lot of the blame because he signed these players. Look at the calibre of players he's brought to the club the last few years. I don't really want to single out anyone, but there aren't a whole lot of win-at-all-costs competitive types. Maybe AD is the only player with this attitude. That's all we need; players with some frikkin heart!

Madge has dug this hole. Ivan's curse is now gone. If we can sign some good players in the next few weeks I'd give Madge 8 rounds in 2022 to show he can get this team firing, otherwise get someone else in who can bring out some spirit in this misfit squad of muppets.

WA Tiger

Bench
I hope so. I don't see the club improving if they punt him. The day time soap opera writers are after him but those guys are full of shit.
You could do a Monty python and charge people for arguments…$100 for 30 minutes or $150 for 45 minutes …Then for extras maybe “super spiteful category”, personal taunts and swearing sprinkled throughout - add on $50 …That’s a bargain!!…I’d say u could go 8 hours a day no worries …You may need to study up on what the majority want- (excluding fence sitters) and what’s least likely to happen tho

Last edited: