What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
All I have been doing is asking my direct connection to him to talk up the club, how awesome we fans are and how excited we would be to see him run out as a Wests Tiger. Everything he wants to hear.
If he is a serious player, I doubt any of the above should carry much weight in terms of whether to leave his current setup to join ours.

I would be looking for opportunities first and foremost. Would this career move help my standing in the game and bring success?
I would be looking for a 20% pay upgrade at a minimum.
I’d be ensuring TPAs were available in a bonus type setup.
I would be chasing a lengthy contract with options in my favour.
I would be looking for reassurance about the current roster and what the plans are re: additional recruitment.
I would be seeking confirmation on the coaching setup.
etc, etc, etc..

Way, way down the list would be any consideration as to what the fans are like.

If he is a serious player, I doubt any of the above should carry much weight in terms of whether to leave his current setup to join ours.

I would be looking for opportunities first and foremost. Would this career move help my standing in the game and bring success?
I would be looking for a 20% pay upgrade at a minimum.
I’d be ensuring TPAs were available in a bonus type setup.
I would be chasing a lengthy contract with options in my favour.
I would be looking for reassurance about the current roster and what the plans are re: additional recruitment.
I would be seeking confirmation on the coaching setup.
etc, etc, etc..

Way, way down the list would be any consideration as to what the fans are like.
I agree except it should be understood that my connection is close to the player and not the club. So he’s got to communicate in the ordinary lay persons view, not Hartigans!

And my bloke knows a lot of tigers fans and we like this guy and all that and hopefully it rubs off.

Im not saying he’s the best player in the world, I’m not saying he’s marquee, but he’s a big boy and generally competent and that’s a start. The other rumour goes ok too.

And he's apparently turned down two other offers from nrl clubs to play for us, including one side who finished above us on the table which gives me some hope.

So he’s seen us as a destination club without I guess Harto would have given him the @stryker points before I started my well intended meddling.

FYI I the club is extremely tight lipped. All good for our most senior people to accept submissions about Madge from the rank and file but you start muttering about recruitment and you’re alone in the desert!

But as Vic says, it’s understandable.

Last edited:
What is the club tight lipped about?
Certainly not a trait I would associate with Tigers management….
Lol, but when a club has a review, when any organisation has a review, you know as well as me, that your first instinct is defence.

The loafer in the mail room starts turning up in a new suit, the receptionist takes more care with messages, it’s every man for himself.

Basically everyone starts behaving and things are done properly for once, except for the odd fib to throw someone else under the bus ( hi Ivan)

In this case, perhaps Hartigans radical feminist Personal Secretary decided to shut his mouth and cancel his weekly lunch with Hoops and started playing the club game.

Pascoes spies running loose in the office reporting back for a review is enough to make anyone wary. Certainly gave Madge a lot of confidence!

The way the review turned out, our 33% winning coach now completely owns the entire Board and our Executive. Dominant Tackle! Then his cheeky unauthorised press release for the chaser. Zero to Hero!

That was f**king surreal!

Having owned the club, we just have to hope he can smash the players liberation army. Much tougher opponents than our paper thin eminent club management.

ps almost pre season, Christmas coming, I’m warming up the old grinch.

9174284A-8F77-45CD-98E9-7171ACCE77EA.jpeg

Last edited:
The Bulldogs are set to round off their impressive buying spree for 2022 by signing Storm prop Max King and Souths utility back Braidon Burns within the next week.

can only think that the mystery recruit is coming from Belmore as there has to be players not happy with the buying spree by Barrett and now supported by Gould.

murraymob

Coach
When Barry O Farrell stood down he joined the tigers board .now Gladys is going will the tigers be recruiting her

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So other teams are signing new players. Not us though. We are in no hurry. Look how well that played out for us this year.
Has there been any news on new coaching roster ie defense coach? Attack coach?

When Barry O Farrell stood down he joined the tigers board .now Gladys is going will the tigers be recruiting
The bus will break down this weekend again.

You got your copy of “ Tyrone does Doonside” yet?

What about old paws?

Youre the only club in the nrl to hire a pedo as a Mascot. Shaking his paws with the little kids. Bastard.

So don’t worry about our recruitment when smug merkin @murraymob who was too afraid to stand up for his oldest Friend on my community service thread when the cops raided MT Druitt.

Im there getting abused for warning people of a massive co vid raid $5000 fines on poor people and you support your abusive mates. Run away from helping poor people.

Mob the police informant, snitch, people like you get a digital shank on our forum on way to the shower rooms.

Mo is a man of the Ivan these days.

Breaks my heart.

I will set up a shrine for your soul in the laundry and post it up.

Last edited: